The average age of a UFC TV viewer is 49 years old

And people wonder why this sport is dying. Maybe it's because the fans are dying because they are so old? What do we about this big problem facing the sport? How do we get younger people interested in the sport again? After all we can't rely on old farts to fork up hard earned cash forever especially given that a lot of them will have dementia and the rising health care costs to go with it which means they will have less money to spend on PPVs.

https://www.mmamania.com/2017/6/7/1...mographics-ratings-advertisers-fox-sports-mma
No I think that's the number for the average IQ.

"One important thing to reiterate is that this study only covers television viewers (not Internet viewers)."

So to determine the average age of viewers, they ignored people that watch online. Smh.
if-you-have-59aea3.jpg

"One important thing to reiterate is that this study only covers television viewers (not Internet viewers)."

So to determine the average age of viewers, they ignored people that watch online. Smh.
View attachment 456689
Wouldnt make a difference the average age of the typical sherdogger is 45. Still a very old and dementia ridden demographic.

Wouldnt make a difference the average age of the typical sherdogger is 45. Still a very old and dementia ridden demographic.
I don't agree with how the study was conducted but thanks for posting. It was interesting nonetheless. I figured the average age is old but 49 was about ten years older than I expected. I'd like to see a study that included online viewers though.

I hope all these Mcnumbnut fans aren't 49 year olds

I'm in my mid 40s. Still feel young though since I run 6x a week and work out. I bet I have better cardio than conor so why not watch and laugh.

hs5b0p.jpg

They are also white.

Old white Males.

Makes sense why White Fighters sell the most ppvs.
I'm old and100% Mexican born in Texas. The demographic here is not as white as you think. Why do you think they were so eager to promote Yair?

Im. 49, and have been watching since the start. Avetage age of 49 soubds about right for hardcore fans. Seems like there would be lots of 20 year olds jumping on the mcgregor rousey bandwagons. It has definitely became more popular these days so u would think age went down with popularities rise.

Having a sport with a $60 monthly PPV isn't affordable for most 20-35 year olds. For every PPV that works out at $720 a year. Older people have better careers with higher amounts of disposable income.

Young folks aren't even sure what bathroom to use, they are not ready for the ufc.

It isn't the UFC that necessarily has to attract a younger audience, it's traditional media in general. Shocking.

It is not the UFC's responsibility to pursue the impossible goal of saving television.

Television is fucked and they don't even seem to know it yet. I can tell you I have 3 kids and none of them watch television and will likely never watch television, at least not like we did in the past where everyone had a cable subscription and watched T.V. regularly. There is an entire generation coming up that are not going to pay the cable companies for television. Maybe for internet but not for T.V. and traditional media.

Old people don’t know how to stream.

There’s a lot more of us younger people

Back