Target Going To Give Their Employees A Living Wage 15 Dollars An Hour By End Of 2020

and?.......Yes there's a shitload of people who buy in huge bulk..It's perfect for rich people.

I been to Costco..I seen the prices...some of my family is poor and they go there to buy....My town has a lot of poor people that go there as well....They have a lot of good deals, even for poor people.

Now whether more poor people buy more in walmart, is another thing, but to imply that Costco is expensive so only well off people buy there...Is pure fucking bullshit.

Costco>Wal-mart in terms of deals for poor people.
No it isn't. Maybe on specific items

No it isn't. Maybe on specific items
Yes it is....Much Cheaper than Walmart.

99cents store and Grocery stores also destroy Walmart when it comes to food.

Maybe Walmart has an advantage in clothing? and thats a huge maybe...huge maybe.

Yes it is....Much Cheaper than Walmart.

99cents store and Grocery stores also destroy Walmart when it comes to food.

Maybe Walmart has an advantage in clothing? and thats a huge maybe...huge maybe.
Per unit pricing is cheaper but they aren't going to buy 75 dollars worth of toilet a paper

Per unit pricing is cheaper but they aren't going to buy 75 dollars worth of toilet a paper
LMFAO @ $75....No way near that bro...No way near....and if they are smart, they will totally take the deal on toiler paper @ Costco and have a huge stock in their house for the future.

LMFAO @ $75....No way near that bro...No way near....and if they are smart, they will totally take the deal on toiler paper @ Costco and have a huge stock in their house for the future.
Hyperbole is lost on you

i was more referring to if they simply pay less employees a higher wage to do the same amount of work (i.e. fast food)

The simple fact we have so many employees in the service sector is a huge part of why we have such income disparity, presumably right?

No, not at all. Service jobs don't pay less than non-service jobs on average. Low-end service jobs pay poorly, by definition, of course. The capital/labor split is a far more significant factor in rising inequality than any intra-labor changes (that is, a higher percentage of total income is going to capital vs. labor).

Life must be shit when you live in an area where your only store is Wal Mart.

Couldn't imagine wearing those ugly ass clothes

No, not at all. Service jobs don't pay less than non-service jobs on average. Low-end service jobs pay poorly, by definition, of course. The capital/labor split is a far more significant factor in rising inequality than any intra-labor changes (that is, a higher percentage of total income is going to capital vs. labor).
Gotta be honest, i wasnt even picturing service industry jobs that were above middle management, so that totally makes sense

Good for target. Will make a point to go there more often.

People don't under
It's good to see Target model themselves after Hobby Lobby.

Hobby Lobby pays their employees well

As good as that is to hear you also have to understand it's far more difficult for someone the size of Target to make this move then Hobby Lobby. Wall Street will weigh in on this like they do on a regular bases with Costco. Costco consistently beats its Wall Street est. but they have to hear that if they brought wages in-line with Walmart they would blow their numbers out of the park and watch their stock drop slightly the next day as hedge funds selloff some of their Costco shares. Not based on the fact that Costco exceeded their numbers no just that if they f over their employees it would be better for Wall Street. Oh look at the kind hearts of Wall Street this is not a democrat or Republican issue its just both turn a blind eye to this problem. Example former President Obama has already given two speeches to Wall Street brokerage houses for nearly 1 million dollars for 2 hours of work. You think they would be plowing money like this if he had been on their cases about pressuring businesses to give better living wages.

Last time I went to target or walmart, I had to check myself out in one of those self check out lanes. Seems like the employees are slowly being replaced anyway

Good. The higher salary will mean they can pay more out of pocket for their transgender operations. They already have the bathrooms to accommodate them.

I thought I read that they're taking them back out.

Wal-Mart provides more wealth to the poor than any organization in the US outside of Uncle Sam.

They are so efficient, so cheap, so competitive, that they actually lower average prices of ALL competitors when entering a new market.

For example (to stick with the claim above), grocery prices.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/lower-prices-at-wal-mart-good-for-shoppers-bad-for-grocers-1492689601

https://fyi.uwex.edu/downtowneconomics/files/2012/07/local-cost-and-benefits-of-walmart.pdf

http://ageconsearch.umn.edu/bitstream/19188/1/sp05vo03.pdf

Long story made short: Wal-Mart makes food cheaper EVERYWHERE, even at chains they don't hold direct sway in (like Kroger's, Aldi's, etc.)

Are people really crying in this thread because Target wants to pay it's employees a decent wage compared to Walmart who expects it's workers to compensate their shit pay with welfare?

This is what many people don't understand job turnover and retention. Walmart is literally a revolving door. Costco has less then 20 percent turnover vs over 45 percent at Walmart.

Can't wait for the next thread telling us how many stores Target will close by 2020

I hope it works out well for them, and they deserve the pr boost they get

Businesses should be able to determine their wages. Not a government mandate

Obviously a bunch of college educated Right wingers. Photo below:

whites-gun-walmart.jpg

I know Wal Mart can be bad after hours.. but feeling know he you need to shop with your AR in tow might mean you should drive a little further to the next Wal Mart.. or wait until Target opens

Back