Target Going To Give Their Employees A Living Wage 15 Dollars An Hour By End Of 2020

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
Target right on Target with the announcement they are raising employees wages to 15 dollars an hour. This is a win win for them and huge PR plus.

"Target to raise its minimum wage to $11 per hour, promising $15 by 2020
  • Target's minimum wage has been $10 per hour.
  • Rival Wal-Mart also lifted its base pay to $10 an hour last year, having made no changes since.
  • Democrats have been pushing for a $15 minimum wage bill, backed by Sen. Bernie Sanders.
"

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/25/target-to-raise-its-hourly-minimum-wage.html

Looks like target pricing will increase. Time to shop elsewhere.

Good for Target. More people will start applying there now, and they'll end up with better employees because of it. Even now, the difference between an average Target employee and an average Walmart employee is pretty significant.

Looks like target pricing will increase. Time to shop elsewhere.
I am shopping at American Giant their clothing made in America by employees who make 40,000 plus a year. Yes their expensive but they have a life time warranty on their clothing.

Good. The higher salary will mean they can pay more out of pocket for their transgender operations. They already have the bathrooms to accommodate them.

Good for Target. More people will start applying there now, and they'll end up with better employees because of it. Even now, the difference between an average Target employee and an average Walmart employee is pretty significant.
This is what many people don't understand job turnover and retention. Walmart is literally a revolving door. Costco has less then 20 percent turnover vs over 45 percent at Walmart.

Target's competitors reading this:

HTTP2kxNzUucGhvdG9idWNrZXQuY29tL2FsYnVtcy93MTQ5L1Fzd2RlZl8yMDA3L0dyZWF0JTIwR2lmcy90dW1ibHJfbTltaDM1Nkl3WTFxa3ZqNmZvMV81MDBfenBzMWNjZjJhYTYuZ2lm.gif

Great for them. Only right wingers will see this as a negative. I don't mind paying a little more for goods if their employees can all make 15 bucks an hour. Win for everyone!!

As a matter of fact most conservatives I'm sure shop at Wal-Mart so we shouldn't be seeing many opinions from them in here

I am shopping at American Giant their clothing made in America by employees who make 40,000 plus a year. Yes their expensive but they have a life time warranty on their clothing.

And none of that applies to Target.

They'll be able to afford it thanks to advances in IT and emplyoying job stealing robots.

Target's competitors reading this:

HTTP2kxNzUucGhvdG9idWNrZXQuY29tL2FsYnVtcy93MTQ5L1Fzd2RlZl8yMDA3L0dyZWF0JTIwR2lmcy90dW1ibHJfbTltaDM1Nkl3WTFxa3ZqNmZvMV81MDBfenBzMWNjZjJhYTYuZ2lm.gif

Wal-Mart and Costco? Costco employees already average 21.00 an hour and Wal-Mart, well their gonna Wal-Mart. Good for Wal-Mart but they hire special needs employees so it's not exactly a fair comparison. I fail to see your point

Great for them. Only right wingers will see this as a negative. I don't mind paying a little more for goods if their employees can all make 15 bucks an hour. Win for everyone!!

As a matter of fact most conservatives I'm sure shop at Wal-Mart so we shouldn't be seeing many opinions from them in here
have you been to walmart at night? sure isnt filled with college educated republicans thats for sure.

have you been to walmart at night? sure isnt filled with college educated republicans thats for sure.
Obviously a bunch of college educated Right wingers. Photo below:

whites-gun-walmart.jpg

Obviously a bunch of college educated Right wingers. Photo below:

whites-gun-walmart.jpg
Why dont you show the other half of the equation? Because that doesnt fit your narrative. Also, I highly doubt these people are college educated, care to provide a source? Or do you admit thats bullshit you pulled out of your ass?

Well I try my hardest to avoid Wal-Mart at all costs and only run there if I have to but yes I have seen the people in there. There are very few college degrees walking those aisles.

Well I try my hardest to avoid Wal-Mart at all costs and only run there if I have to but yes I have seen the people in there. There are very few college degrees walking those aisles.
Id say its a combination of poor whites and blacks. Agreed. I was just making the point that its not just "white conservatives".

If you think the lines at target are bad now wait till this goes through, they'll just cut hours to compensate.

Id say its a combination of poor whites and blacks. Agreed. I was just making the point that its not just "white conservatives".

I completely agree. Wal-Mart attracts the poor, doesn't matter what race or color. If you're poor then you go to Wal-Mart lol

Back