Target Going To Give Their Employees A Living Wage 15 Dollars An Hour By End Of 2020

If you think the lines at target are bad now wait till this goes through, they'll just cut hours to compensate.

They aren't bad. 4 self checkout lines, usual wait time for me is just a few minutes. Target hires competent people for the most part. Unlike Wal-Mart who hires anyone so they can justify the low pay

Things they're not telling you.

By 2020, all cash registers will be self serve. There's a new target that just opened up last month here and it's all self serving registers with 1 employee watching the lane of 6-8 registers.

Better check how many employees they have now cuz by 2020, it'll be halved.

Also by 2020, all their merchandise will be increased by 33-50%.

Good for Target. More people will start applying there now, and they'll end up with better employees because of it. Even now, the difference between an average Target employee and an average Walmart employee is pretty significant.

Honestly I wouldn't care how bad the employees are. Just keep shelves stocked and have self checkout available.

I completely agree. Wal-Mart attracts the poor, doesn't matter what race or color. If you're poor then you go to Wal-Mart lol
Thanks for the nice reply without getting mad, because I may have come off irked. Was not my intentions.

Honestly I wouldn't care how bad the employees are. Just keep shelves stocked and have self checkout available.

Ya but you can't go to self checkout with a full cart. It's usually for like 10 or 15 items. I load my cart up weekly so I have to wait in lines and still it's never that bad

By 2020, all cash registers will be self serve. There's a new target that just opened up last month here and it's all self serving registers with 1 employee watching the lane of 6-8 registers.

Source?

Self checkout encourages shoplifting btw

Ya but you can't go to self checkout with a full cart. It's usually for like 10 or 15 items. I load my cart up weekly so I have to wait in lines and still it's never that bad

I've done pretty full carts. I've never seen a restriction here. Sams Club also has self checkout here.

I've done pretty full carts. I've never seen a restriction here. Sams Club also has self checkout here.

I get anxiety when going into Costco/Sams Club. Too many people and I can't even deal with it.

I would be glaring at you ahead of me in the self checkout lane with a full cart lol

Source?

There are a lot of self check out only stores. Fresh n EZ is one of them. I remember one grocery store had nobody manning the self check out kiosks except for 1 security at the door.

But target, have at least 1 person by each check out lane + security and alarm doors. Also, the have cams everywhere and I forgot which documentary but target have a whole team of securities in the back analyzing every cam. They caught many offenders. If I find it, I'll post it.

Self-check out only store is not new and target have state of the art security team. Also, this weekend I found this really cool HONOR SYSTEM farmer's market. HONOR SYSTEM!!!!

There are a lot of self check out only stores. Fresh n EZ is one of them. I remember one grocery store had nobody manning the self check out kiosks except for 1 security at the door.

But target, have at least 1 person by each check out lane + security and alarm doors. Also, the have cams everywhere and I forgot which documentary but target have a whole team of securities in the back analyzing every cam. They caught many offenders. If I find it, I'll post it.

Self-check out only store is not new and target have state of the art security team. Also, this weekend I found this really cool HONOR SYSTEM farmer's market. HONOR SYSTEM!!!!

I wonder if eventually they will put RFID tags on each item, then at the door it could detect any items which have not been paid for and set off an alert.

I'm sure they expect some amount of shoplifting, but it would have to be more than what is saved by wages. Sort of like credit cards, there is a certain amount of fraud that is eaten and built into the business model. Seems to be fairly common for places to offer at least a couple of self checkouts, so the numbers must not be that bad.

Probably depends on area though too. If you have a store in a poorer area then the risk would be higher I'd think.

Source?

It's just common sense. All the owners and shareholders care about is their profit margins. Making sure the saving cover the extra shoplifting is one of the reasons it's not already in place everywhere in every type of retail outlet.

It's just common sense. All the owners and shareholders care about is their profit margins. Making sure the saving cover the extra shoplifting is one of the reasons it's not already in place everywhere in every type of retail outlet.

They could do it now, self checkout for every lane. What are they waiting for?

Even now, the difference between an average Target employee and an average Walmart employee is pretty significant.
This is my experience. Shopping at Wal-Mart can be like getting a tooth pulled. Target is consistently a more pleasant shopping experience.

Great for them. Only right wingers will see this as a negative. I don't mind paying a little more for goods if their employees can all make 15 bucks an hour. Win for everyone!!

As a matter of fact most conservatives I'm sure shop at Wal-Mart so we shouldn't be seeing many opinions from them in here
i see more blacks and hispanics at my local Walmart. I don't think those two races vote republican either.

I'd say Walmart caters to more lower working class regardless of race or political affiliation.

Why is progress looked down upon?

We automated telephone switches, and many telephone operators lost their jobs. Was that a bad thing?

We automated practically every form of assembly lines and manufacturing, and those people lost their jobs. Is that such a bad thing?

Yes there will be temporary job loss. But in the long term it will be better for the country.

Back