So yeah, Anderson Silva was basicly handed a rematch

I, along with many others, saw Weidman winning this fight and being a terrible matchup for Silva. That doesn't change by Dec. 28th. As per the last fight, where Weidman dominated every facet of the fight, Silva will get dominated again, most likely this time on the ground. That being said, I am all for a rematch, and an excited to watch the beatdown.

I completely understand TS's point though; when Hughes lost to GSP he had to fight Chris Lytle and wait a year for a rematch. After losing to Serra GSP had to wait a year for a rematch and fight both Hughes and Koscheck. So the fact that Silva gets an immediate rematch after being knocked out (as with the above fighters) doesn't hold true to form.

Again, I am all for it as it will shut up the Silva nuthuggers who couldn't see the obvious coming and apparently won't see it again.

I don't think Anderson deserves it, but whatever Chris is gonna prove it wasn't a fluke

I'm trying to come up with a reply to this other that "hahahahahahahah," but I'm drawing a blank. Good luck with that Weidma is going to prove it wasn't a fluke thing.

Vitor should get the shot. If the reason he isn't getting one is because of TRT then how did Sonnen manage to get 3 title shots?

I read somewhere that they don't allow TRT in Las Vegas or something? Either way Belfort's use of TRT had made much more of a impact than Sonnen's because Belfort is actually KO'ing his opponents left and right. It makes no sense at all to not give Anderson the rematch if he wants it. He definitely deserves it he has made the UFC a lot of money. I'm guessing most of you would rather see TRT'd Belfort vs Weidman? That fight could be pretty bad for Weidman. Regardless I just want to see the kid defend his belt and put a good fight.

Exactly, and OP, AS DOES deserve a rematch, regardless of how he lost or if it was in his contract. Weidman didn't deserve the title shot, but we got it, so there ya go.

You don't read much, do you? Try reading "The Prince" some time, or "The Art of War". The end justifies the means, baby. Saying Weidman didn't deserve the title shot makes sense if he lost (ala Nick Diaz, Dan Hardy, etc...) but when he kicks the champs ass all over the place and knocks him out, you have to make the argument the UFC did a great job of sheltering Silva from Weidman and he probably deserved the title shot SOONER.

How long did it take you to create this thread that has been posted a hundred times? Dana said before this fight even happened if Silva lost he'd get an instant rematch.

-Weidman wants the rematch
-The UFC wants the rematch
-The fans want the rematch
-Anderson has already KO'd the other logical contenders.

if he "outclassed" silva so bad in the first fight, why are you crying about a rematch? it should be easy to dominate again. lol.

That's still not a fluke, Anderson was losing that fight anyway.

was he? i read conflicting reports and havent watched the full fight in awhile.

was it as one-sided as weidman-silva until the end?

regardless, i dont consider weidman-silva a fluke, nor should any rational fan

I'm trying to come up with a reply to this other that "hahahahahahahah," but I'm drawing a blank. Good luck with that Weidma is going to prove it wasn't a fluke thing.

Weidman is the champ, and until their next fight happens, it wasn't a fluke. We have nothing to compare it to.

I read somewhere that they don't allow TRT in Las Vegas or something? Either way Belfort's use of TRT had made much more of a impact than Sonnen's because Belfort is actually KO'ing his opponents left and right. It makes no sense at all to not give Anderson the rematch if he wants it. He definitely deserves it he has made the UFC a lot of money. I'm guessing most of you would rather see TRT'd Belfort vs Weidman? That fight could be pretty bad for Weidman. Regardless I just want to see the kid defend his belt and put a good fight.

Again it's not about wanting to see a fight or not. I just think it's stupid that a dominant champion can lose in any fashion and get an immediate rematch.

I'm looking forward to Weidman/Silva II but that doesn't mean I think it's right.

So, you think Vitor, who was tooled by Anderson and knocked out with a movie-like karate kid front kick is going to be a bad matchup for Weidman, who just tooled Anderson and knocked him out? Um...logic here please? I see Weidman taking Vitor down at will, or picking him apart with faster, more accurate striking. Did you watch the fight with Silva? Weidman was WAY too fast, too strong, and more skilled...Vitor would get crushed.

He was champ for 7 years. He would get a rematch after his first UFC loss no matter how the fight went down.

You can also be sure that GSP, Aldo, and Jones will get rematches if they lose.

Again it's not about wanting to see a fight or not. I just think it's stupid that a dominant champion can lose in any fashion and get an immediate rematch.

I'm looking forward to Weidman/Silva II but that doesn't mean I think it's right.

This.

So, you think Vitor, who was tooled by Anderson and knocked out with a movie-like karate kid front kick is going to be a bad matchup for Weidman, who just tooled Anderson and knocked him out? Um...logic here please? I see Weidman taking Vitor down at will, or picking him apart with faster, more accurate striking. Did you watch the fight with Silva? Weidman was WAY too fast, too strong, and more skilled...Vitor would get crushed.

faster striking from Weidman huh...

I get the impression Dana pushed for the rematch, Silva's camp and manager.

Why? Anderson is the logical #1 contender. Other than Weidman, he has the best last 5 fights at MW.

The only other logical contender is on Silva's recent highlight reel:

anderson-silva-x-vitor-belfort-o.gif

Anderson owes us a rematch. He did not give us his best effort in the first fight. He wins in spite of his taunting, not because of it.

Of all the things that are wrong with the world, you guys are most concerned about the morality of an automatic rematch?

Yawn.. This is what happens when a TS has nothing new or interesting to say and still wants to start new threads.

Back