So yeah, Anderson Silva was basicly handed a rematch

was he? i read conflicting reports and havent watched the full fight in awhile.

was it as one-sided as weidman-silva until the end?

regardless, i dont consider weidman-silva a fluke, nor should any rational fan

He was clearly losing it in retrospect but the hype around him was so extreme that many(including Rogan) believed he was winning the standup. Remember the way Machida fans clung to the idea that as long as he kept it standing he was beating Shogun?

He's getting a rematch because we all know that was a fluke. And if you really believe weidman is th better than you wouldn't be cry

Hardly a fluke. Silva was beaten in every single aspect of the fight.

I'm usually against instant rematches, but I am not going to complain since I watch AS to get some redemption.

Think of it this way, at least this should settle any debates. All the AS haters keep saying he was outclass and never stood a chance (though I noticed the volume of AS bashing threads has decreased since the rematch was announced), now we will know for sure., and if they are right it should be a walk in the park for Weidman, right?

It wasn't one sided, but a lot of people thought that Chonan was going to win the decision.

Wasn't a one sided fight, I had Chonan winning as did many others, Anderson also had a yellow card in that fight which you know will go against him in the judges score cards if it would have went the distance.

Yeah Weidman just out classed Silva.

17-0
15 finishes
blablablablablabla
blablablablablabla

and people crying about a rematch

Did Anderson Silva rape (TS)Claude's sister, mother or something ?

2weyteq.jpg

No, he said if Anderson wanted to do a rematch then he'd do it.

I don't see how that refutes my point though. Anderson was guaranteed an immediate rematch before the fight by Dana White. Weidman saying anything had nothing to do with it.

I wasn't sure if your post was saying something along the lines that Weidman is being forced into something he is against or not.

I'm not refuting points on what someone else considers 'deserving' (especially since we all know that deserving a fight isn't as important as how much money the fight will make), just making sure we're all clear that this rematch is something that Chris has no problem with.

Why? Anderson is the logical #1 contender. Other than Weidman, he has the best last 5 fights at MW.

The only other logical contender is on Silva's recent highlight reel:

anderson-silva-x-vitor-belfort-o.gif

And Anderson lost his last fight while Vitor is on a 4 fight win streak.

Why make a thread on this? Not like Dana White didnt tell the whole world that no matter the outcome of the fight silva would get a instant rematch if he lost..... pretty simple scenario to understand for me....

So, you think Vitor, who was tooled by Anderson and knocked out with a movie-like karate kid front kick is going to be a bad matchup for Weidman, who just tooled Anderson and knocked him out? Um...logic here please? I see Weidman taking Vitor down at will, or picking him apart with faster, more accurate striking. Did you watch the fight with Silva? Weidman was WAY too fast, too strong, and more skilled...Vitor would get crushed.

I think Belfort would be a tough match-up for any 185er at the moment. To each his own.

Did Anderson Silva rape (TS)Claude's sister, mother or something ?

2weyteq.jpg

Lol. Kind of pathetic imo. Either that or he has fun trolling Anderson fans. Either way, it's pretty annoying but oddly funny at the same time.

On topic, imo GSP, Andy and Jones deserve immediate rematches even if they get starched in 1 minute. Especially Andy and GSP since they have been dominating for years.

And Anderson lost his last fight while Vitor is on a 4 fight win streak.

I am as big a Vitor fan as they come. I want him to win the MW belt.

Now, he is one a 2 fight winning streak, or did I dream he fought Jon Jones?? Second, Costa Philipou has the longest MW win streak after Weidman... I guess he should get the next shot

don't you know that all ufc title fights except for 20% get rematches

Vitor wont get a title shot until he can clear up his TRT issue. The UFC wont have a champ that can't fight in certain areas based on TRT.

I am as big a Vitor fan as they come. I want him to win the MW belt.

Now, he is one a 2 fight winning streak, or did I dream he fought Jon Jones?? Second, Costa Philipou has the longest MW win streak after Weidman... I guess he should get the next shot

No you didn't dream. He lost to Jones in a fight that was outside of the division.

At his weight-class he's on a 4 fight winning streak.

But yeah, Costa Philipou should get the next shot. :icon_lol:

EDIT: Just remembered the Rumble fight was at CW. So it's a 3 fight winning streak

Costa v. Belfort could be a sick fight

Back