So yeah, Anderson Silva was basicly handed a rematch

Dominance has nothing to do with it.

So Weidman's dominance in one fight (in which Anderson's level of focus is clearly in question) is your evidence for Anderson being "handed" an undeserved rematch, but Anderson's dominance over the whole division for 7 years is irrelevant?

you forgot that its about teh monies

Weidman was in no trouble in the fight, right?
Anderson already used his best game plan, right?
Weidman is the better fighter, right?
THEN why is everyone whining about a rematch!? Who better to have 2 dominant wins over other than Anderson Silva?

i think we will see a better silva next time, and a better chris.

taking nothing away from chris, i think most of us feel cheated by silva's performance.

i'm all for letting him redeem himself

This, and I'm sure Weidman is also ready for an opportunity to silence anyone doubting his victory.

I like how TS made a hate thread but turned into an informative thread.
Many hot temper or butthurt people will get dubs in here :(

It's not about wanting to see this fight or not. Giving immediate rematches just because he was a dominant champion is ridiculous. Weidman was clearly the better man in the first fight. Now he has to do it all over again because of something that has nothing to do with him or the fight they had.

Wait a second, wasn't Weidman the one that told Anderson he wanted to do a rematch?

He's getting a rematch because we all know that was a fluke. And if you really believe weidman is th better than you wouldn't be cry

Who do you want to see Weidman fight if it's not Anderson then? Throw some names out there because no one wants to give Belfort a title shot because of the TRT controversy, so who should Weidman fight?

I don't think Anderson deserves it, but whatever Chris is gonna prove it wasn't a fluke

Wait a second, wasn't Weidman the one that told Anderson he wanted to do a rematch?

No, he said if Anderson wanted to do a rematch then he'd do it.

I don't see how that refutes my point though. Anderson was guaranteed an immediate rematch before the fight by Dana White. Weidman saying anything had nothing to do with it.

I wouldn't want a rematch either if the fighter I was pulling for got a lucky win. The haters know Anderson is going to fuck him up.

Who do you want to see Weidman fight if it's not Anderson then? Throw some names out there because no one wants to give Belfort a title shot because of the TRT controversy, so who should Weidman fight?

Vitor should get the shot. If the reason he isn't getting one is because of TRT then how did Sonnen manage to get 3 title shots?

I see where you're coming from, but Anderson deserves a rematch. After all, he is the greatest UFC fighter of all time.

well, it was in his contract, and Chris offered, so I can't complain.

Exactly, and OP, AS DOES deserve a rematch, regardless of how he lost or if it was in his contract. Weidman didn't deserve the title shot, but we got it, so there ya go.

He loses the 1st round, gets knocked out early in the second, barely lands anything in the entire fight, in other words, he gets outclassed, yet he's given an instant rematch.

That's very interesting considering Weidman won the fight fair and square. I understand an instant rematch in the case of an obvious fluke or a robbed decision, but not in a case like this.

Anderson Silva was losing the fight before he lost fight. It wasn't like he was beating the crap out of Weidman and then was caught. No, he actually couldn't land anything but a couple of legkicks, and yes, he did try to beat Weidman, he actually went forward several times but Weidman did a very good job defending. Silva had to try to lure Weidman because nothing else was working.

This was no GSP/Serra either. GSP wasn't outclassed, he was just caught.

So yeah, Anderson Silva is being handed a title shot that he does not deserves based on the way he lost. The wonderful thing about the UFC, is that they're always in if the fight has $ written all over it, and this is obviously the case. Same reason Sonnen was recently given a title shot at 205.

I know what you're thinking, A. Silva was a dominant champion so he deserves an instant rematch. Well, how many dominant champions that were beaten convincingly were given one?

:icon_idea

I hope we get a good fight, but that won't change the fact that Silva was outclassed and then handed an undeserving rematch.
+1, and lets not forget Anderson has to take the belt back. I look to watching a "No Excuses" rematch. Weidman is going to beat him up badly.

Back