So yeah, Anderson Silva was basicly handed a rematch

Honestly I don't care it's the fight people want to see. If you don't want to see it then dont' watch it. Your in the minority of people who don't want this fight.

It's not about wanting to see this fight or not. Giving immediate rematches just because he was a dominant champion is ridiculous. Weidman was clearly the better man in the first fight. Now he has to do it all over again because of something that has nothing to do with him or the fight they had.

Finally somebody speaks the truth.
He also lost 6 rounds against Sonnen (I'm counting the 5th in the first fight).
At least the other immediate rematches were after close fights.
This was a beatdown. This rematch is so wrong.
Well, meh. Weidman will be remembered as the only man to beat Silva twice.

well, at least your AV explains it all

dana white and the ufc do whatever the f they like with their company and with matchmaking.

Deal with it.

Sherdog

Where the outcome of a single fight has the power to shift the fabric of reality.

It's not about wanting to see this fight or not. Giving immediate rematches just because he was a dominant champion is ridiculous. Weidman was clearly the better man in the first fight. Now he has to do it all over again because of something that has nothing to do with him or the fight they had.

yes he was, but he was fighting a mentally unsteady silva.

the rematch was always going to happen, it's a no brainer from a monetary perspective.

but the way it ended leaves enough doubt in many people's minds to further justify wanting to see it again

If there EVER was a case for an automatic rematch... Anderson Silva is the one NO ONE should even think about questioning...

Given?
Dana wanted is rematch more than silva did. I believed Silva when he said he no longer wanted to fight for the belt. but then greedy Dana gets involved. (look at the post media scrum where he said "Anderson wants a rematch. he doesnt know it yet but he wants it) Im sure the next morning he started convincing Silva and then sealed the deal with a shitload of money. For this fight Silva will receive the highest amount of money for a single fight in UFC history.
How could Anderson say no?

Last edited:

the rematch was always going to happen, it's a no brainer from a monetary perspective.

but the way it ended leaves enough doubt in many people's minds to further justify wanting to see it again

And? That's not Weidman's fault.

The rematch was always going to happen because Dana said Anderson would get a immediate rematch should he lose, and this was before the fight.

And if anything Anderson being "mentally unsteady" should be another reason why he shouldn't get a immediate rematch.

Is it a one time card and it's used now? He has to be champ for another 7 years to get another immediate rematch or how long is enough?

Yeah we should forget he was champ for 7 years. It's not like it was a close fight and he got robbed or anything of that sort. When you get KO'd in a fight you weren't winning to begin with, you should not fucking get an instant rematch.

Sounds very logical to me.

Yeah, that may happen when things aren't going your way.

Poor Weidman, now he has to make millions of dollars fighting the biggest name he could possibly face at this point in his career.

TS is a Silva hater. He speaks with so much bias that it's hard to take him seriously.

omg a company wants to make money...please tell me more

Don't bother. This is Sherdog, where we all know how to run a business more efficiently and profitably than Dana White and the Fertitta brothers.

Perhaps the most exciting match in MMA at this time. Well, that's a good enough reason for me.

And? That's not Weidman's fault.

The rematch was always going to happen because Dana said Anderson would get a immediate rematch should he lose, and this was before the fight.

And if anything Anderson being "mentally unsteady" should be another reason why he shouldn't get a immediate rematch.

i think we will see a better silva next time, and a better chris.

taking nothing away from chris, i think most of us feel cheated by silva's performance.

i'm all for letting him redeem himself

I hope Silva beats the ever lovin' sh*t outta Weidman so the Andy haters are reminded who they're really dealing with here. Too many threads like this showing no respect for a champion who reigned longer than most people on this site even knew what MMA stood for.

Yeah... When you are champ for 7 years and set records in the ufc, you kinda get those.

Back