So yeah, Anderson Silva was basicly handed a rematch

No champion sucks, P4P is subjective, and dominant champions aren't usually awarded title shots if they were beaten convincingly.

Can you give an example of a champion with 10 defenses in a row not getting an immediate rematch after losing the belt?

Asking Anderson Silva to work his way back up the ladder is like asking Robert Deniro to audition for your movie. He has transcended that.

No champion sucks, P4P is subjective, and dominant champions aren't usually awarded title shots if they were beaten convincingly.

No shit he doesn't suck!
16-0
Defended belt 10 times
Considered by many to best of all time

He deserves the rematch and so does the fans

Yeah. Lets just forget he was champ for 7 years.

Is it a one time card and it's used now? He has to be champ for another 7 years to get another immediate rematch or how long is enough?

Yeah we should forget he was champ for 7 years. It's not like it was a close fight and he got robbed or anything of that sort. When you get KO'd in a fight you weren't winning to begin with, you should not fucking get an instant rematch.

So yeah, Anderson Silva is being handed a title shot that he does not deserves based on the way he lost. The wonderful thing about the UFC, is that they're always in if the fight has $ written all over it, and this is obviously the case. Same reason Sonnen was recently given a title shot at 205.

You're either too stupid to realize the UFC is in the business of making money, or you choose not to accept this fact. Either way you're out.

Is it a one time card and it's used now? He has to be champ for another 7 years to get another immediate rematch or how long is enough?

Yeah we should forget he was champ for 7 years. It's not like it was a close fight and he got robbed or anything of that sort. When you get KO'd in a fight you weren't winning to begin with, you should not fucking get an instant rematch.

Cry more. This argument holds as much weight as Weidman shouldn't have gotten a title shot because he only had 9 fights.

It's the right fight.

Asking Anderson Silva to work his way back up the ladder is like asking Robert Deniro to audition for your movie. He has transcended that.

Him defending the belt a number of times shouldn't have any factor in him getting a immediate rematch. That should only happen if the fight was controversial which it wasn't.

Hey Weidman, Hendricks and et al. You got to beat the dude twice.

i would agree if silva hadnt clowned that hard.

but his moment of insanity leaves some doubt in everyone's mind.

even you TS, you have to wonder how the rematch will go if silva fights a bit more seriously.

Considering the fight was onesided before Silva started clowning, i don't have any doubts. Anderson tried his mind tricks after he was evidently losing the fight. Luring and catching Weidman was his best chance, or at least that's what he thought.

i would agree if silva hadnt clowned that hard.

but his moment of insanity leaves some doubt in everyone's mind.

even you TS, you have to wonder how the rematch will go if silva fights a bit more seriously.

Agreed. Anyone who doesn't to me is just a Silva hater. I don't care if Anderson loses or wins the next fight but I just want to be sure Weidman is clearly the better fighter.

Extreme Silva haters are becoming the biggest fucking nuisance on this forum. As another poster said, Weidman fans (esp those who are rather Silva haters) have surpassed all other fighters' fans as being the most fucking delusional. More honest but equally embarassing themselves are those haters who pretend they cannot even begin to understand how 7 years champ, considered GOAT by many, caught clowning instead of fighting (no he was not just "outclassed") Silva can get a rematch. Stop acting more retarded than you really are.

cant really blame him. even chris weidman wants a rematch so...

Him defending the belt a number of times shouldn't have any factor in him getting a immediate rematch. That should only happen if the fight was controversial which it wasn't.

Hey Weidman, Hendricks and et al. You got to beat the dude twice.

Honestly I don't care it's the fight people want to see. If you don't want to see it then dont' watch it. Your in the minority of people who don't want this fight.

Finally somebody speaks the truth.
He also lost 6 rounds against Sonnen (I'm counting the 5th in the first fight).
At least the other immediate rematches were after close fights.
This was a beatdown. This rematch is so wrong.
Well, meh. Weidman will be remembered as the only man to beat Silva twice.

If their ever was a fighter who earned an instant rematch REGARDLESS of how shitty the 1st fight was it is Anderson. THe fuck is wrong with you.

No shit he doesn't suck!
16-0
Defended belt 10 times
Considered by many to best of all time

He deserves the rematch and so does the fans

He could have defended the belt 20 times, it's still irrelevant. Weidman proved he was the better fighter, he doesn't need to prove it again immediatly. A rematch after being outclassed is not a deserving rematch. This hasn't only been evident in MMA, but in other combat sports as well.

Honestly I don't care it's the fight people want to see. If you don't want to see it then dont' watch it. Your in the minority of people who don't want this fight.

love silva; predicted Chris to finish within 3; spider doesn't deserve a rematch after that display.

Back