So is Dak just a guy?

Dak isn't just a guy. He's Skip's guy. Which means he's probably dark and overated.

The thing is, you give a quarterback a running game and o line, most of them can be successful. Take that away, you separate the wheat from the chafe.

He is a bonafied game manager until they get him a decent guy to target.

They cut the all time Cangirls TD reception guy and then the safety blanket in Witten retired and replaced those targets with.... Hurns and.... kept Beasley and Williams.

Agree.

That team lives and breaths through Zeke right now.

Disagree.

Zeke has never been a truly great RB like Gurley or Bell - he is just a good RB that has benefited from a stellar line. I think Alf's production pretty well solidified that after McFadden's corpse ran for 1k and 5ypc behind that line and DeMarco Murray ran for 1800 and then fell off the face of the planet when he left.

To be honest, it's kind of surprising to me that people are really buying into Zeke and not dogging that pick. Literally any top 50 back would be productive in Dallas.

Allen's gonna be a good QB. Maybe this year.
Carr is the best backup in the league tbh. Maybe this year.

I was actually pretty surprised at how good Allen looked last week - even in semi-garbage time. His stat line looked bad, but there were like 6 downfield drops by his receivers. He looked light, comfortable, seemed to make his reads well, and was just flinging the ball effortlessly.

I'm rooting for the kid. But I still think playing him this early is a huge boner by Buffalo.

I think he's average, seems to underthrow a lot so arm strength is a real struggle for him. Losing Witten and Dez is really going to be detrimental to him and probably expose him a lot more. His mobility is a strength but it can only get you so far.

seems to be one of the bigger questions in the NFL right now.

Is Dak Prescott an average, middle of the road game manager or a franchise qb?

I’m not even sure at this point lol. I like his poise off the field and his leadership. But i was really concerned last game watching him in the pocket. He was sensing pressure that wasn’t even there. Not accurate.

Does dallas have a qb problem?

Dak is good with a dominant run game. Without it, he is not a starting NFL QB.

I think people would be shocked by how good allot of really bad QB's would look, behind that Dallas O-line with Zeke in the backfield.

Its really hilarious if you think that Keenum is better. At literally anything.

I actually think they are about the same. The difference being Carr is over rated, and Keenum is under rated.

Of course that is judging on recency bias.

2 years ago before Carr got injured, and Keenum was playing at a backup QB level, it wasn't even close.

Agree.

Disagree.

Zeke has never been a truly great RB like Gurley or Bell - he is just a good RB that has benefited from a stellar line. I think Alf's production pretty well solidified that after McFadden's corpse ran for 1k and 5ypc behind that line and DeMarco Murray ran for 1800 and then fell off the face of the planet when he left.

To be honest, it's kind of surprising to me that people are really buying into Zeke and not dogging that pick. Literally any top 50 back would be productive in Dallas.
Could you imagine Bell, Gurley or Johnson behind that oline? I think Gurley would do 2000 rushing and 2500 from scrimmage no problem.

Sent my buddy who's a die-hard cowboys fan the link to this thread.

{<jordan}

He's just a guy and thankfully he's not one of Jerrys so he wont be getting one of those franchise qb deals, at least not from us.

I actually think they are about the same. The difference being Carr is over rated, and Keenum is under rated.

Of course that is judging on recency bias.

2 years ago before Carr got injured, and Keenum was playing at a backup QB level, it wasn't even close.
Please let me know when Keenum is on his way to an MVP caliber season.

Keenums best season came from one of the most stacked teams in the league and was a few steps better than one of Carr’s worst seasons lol. Looks every bit of back on his way to career backup.

Please let me know when Keenum is on his way to an MVP caliber season.

Keenums best season came from one of the most stacked teams in the league and was a few steps better than one of Carr’s worst seasons lol. Looks every bit of back on his way to career backup.

keenum is a mid tier starter. I'm not trying to say they are completely equal. I agree that 12 game stretch before Carr got injured he was playing at a elite level, but that offense atleast, was stacked as well. 2nd best o-line in the league, Crabtree and Cooper playing at a elite level. Good run game. Carr wasn't exactly playing with garbage.

I also think Keenum played at a elite level last year, given on a stacked team.

Remember when cans in this forum were gloating that Dak was better than Goff?

keenum is a mid tier starter. I'm not trying to say they are completely equal. I agree that 12 game stretch before Carr got injured he was playing at a elite level, but that offense atleast, was stacked as well. 2nd best o-line in the league, Crabtree and Cooper playing at a elite level. Good run game. Carr wasn't exactly playing with garbage.

I also think Keenum played at a elite level last year, given on a stacked team.
In 2016 Crabtree led the league in drops.

Keenum’s ceiling is no where near Carr’s.

That said, I dont know we’ll ever see Carr get back to that point. Between the different staffs every year and injuries it doesnt look good.

I'm a Cowboys fan and I'm worried about Dakota Prescott. He hasn't thrown for 200 yards in any of these 3 games and spends too long in the pocket. Also, he doesn't like to put the ball down the field even with Tavon Austin as a deep threat.

I can put a lot of it on bad play calling but I'm starting to wonder about the guy. He's won 24 of his 35 starts so I ain't talking about benching the guy. I like him a lot. His attitude is second to none and seems like a great teammate but he's gotta do better.

Oh and get rid of Jason Garrett. Let him clap somewhere else.

Let's face it, Dak will never be a top 10 QB in the NFL.

However, his WR core is straight garbage and Garrett and their OC are garbage too.

Back