Silva and bones picture, side to side (both are in shape)

I'm not talking about submissions, sure Anderson COULD submit Jones. It's not likely, but of course it could happen. The point is if Chael outmuscled and badly outwrestled Anderson, and Jones did the same to him, it's VERY likely Jones will be able to outwrestle Anderson. This is just common sense.

I didn't read the whole thread but are there really people arguing that Jones wont be able to out wrestle Silva? lol, Silva must have the most delusional fans in the history of the sport

I'm not talking about submissions, sure Anderson COULD submit Jones. It's not likely, but of course it could happen. The point is if Chael outmuscled and badly outwrestled Anderson, and Jones did the same to him, it's VERY likely Jones will be able to outwrestle Anderson. This is just common sense.

Well, you're right. I wasn't being super serious about Anderson's likelihood of submitting Jones. Even less serious about Cella.

Silva is taller than Rashad and will be Jones toughest test.

Lets compare fists too y'all.

top5super7.jpg

Also, Anderson is as huge as Cain, or Cain is as small as Anderson. Whichever's funnier.

Edit: Just noticed Jones puts his fist right next to Silva's. Must've been awesome for him.

The size difference between Anderson and Frankie isn't THAT big when you look at it

Let's look at reach:

Jones: 84.5"

Vitor Belfort: 74"
Shogun: 76"
Rashad: 75"
Machida: 74"
Rampage: 73"
A. Silva: 77.6"

Basically, what I'm saying is, Silva has a longer reach than most of Jones' opponents so far. I didn't hear anyone saying "boo hoo Machida can't fight fight Jones because he's only 6" 1' and has a 74" reach. It's not fair!"

Why is it that Silva makes an exception? I think it's as fair as a fight than any LHW opponent Jones can have. Size-wise that is. Just make it happen Dana, plz.

Good points.

The size difference between Anderson and Frankie isn't THAT big when you look at it

I have been saying this for years, Frankie could beat silva, he can easily outpoint him, he will be way too fast to get tagged by silva.

I didn't read the whole thread but are there really people arguing that Jones wont be able to out wrestle Silva? lol, Silva must have the most delusional fans in the history of the sport

Yup, that's how it goes around here.

Silva has been outwrestled by far inferior wrestlers to Bones. He still manages to win, but those guys dont often possess the ferocity of Jones' GnP.

Easy fight for Jones imo.

Big difference in the legs. Still not convinced Jones would beat Anderson because well he won't.

If it's a striking battle, I completely agree.

But he can definitely out wrestle him, and if he gets put in the same positions he was against Chael he would probably get finished.

damn

Plenty. Lol. I've been bringing up the point that Jones outwrestling Chael was bad news for Anderson fans. Because at least if Chael outwrestled Jones then Anderson fans would have some hope that Anderson could keep it standing with Jones. But Jones ragdolled a guy who outwrestled Anderson, so I think it's pretty safe to assume Jones will badly outwrestle Anderson.

Plenty. Lol. I've been bringing up the point that Jones outwrestling Chael was bad news for Anderson fans. Because at least if Chael outwrestled Jones then Anderson fans would have some hope that Anderson could keep it standing with Jones. But Jones ragdolled a guy who outwrestled Anderson, so I think it's pretty safe to assume Jones will badly outwrestle Anderson.

I think you missed the part when Silva stuffed Chael's takedowns with ease and knocked him out like he was a 5 year old child...

The first round/minutes Silva always takes a nap.Even Lutter and Hendo took him down.He just likes to toy with his opponents before killing them.

I have been saying this for years, Frankie could beat silva, he can easily outpoint him, he will be way too fast to get tagged by silva.

You need to be more subtle about your trolling boy, otherwise people won't take the bait. Oh, and I knew you were a butthurt Fedor fanboy before you outed yourself earlier in the thread. :wink:

Regarding the topic at hand, of course Bones is bigger than Silva. The fight would be a toss up in my opinion, with a slight advantage to Bones. I would have him 60% to Anderson 40% chance of winning.

Obviously Jones would take him to the ground, and use his GNP there. But Anderson is great at tying up people there and not taking damage (those long limbs), and we all know he only needs to catch you once standing and its night night.

In any case, amazing fight. Anyone that does not want to see this is not a MMA fan.

Both look pretty much the same size, Jones is obviously taller.

Are you serious? Silva never had a reach disadvantage fighting in the mw division.

Oh, they're now called reachclasses?

Condit needs to stop ducking and fight Silva @ middlereach, amirite?

Try not to be an idiot. You read my example. That wasn't MMA math, it was an analysis in regard to the wrestling of the three fighters. MMA math does not always work, we all know that. But if Fighter A badly outwrestles B, and B badly outwrestles C, then it's safe to assume A will badly outwrestle C. If you disagree with this we can gladly debate it and I will provide you with more examples than you'll ever care to read.

There are two problems with this.

I can provide just as many silly nonsense examples. There's no such thing as safe to assume. Just because Jones outwrestles Chael, and Chael outwrestles Silva, doesn't mean that Jones will outwrestle Silva. Of course he can. That does mean that he will . That's why MMAth is so dumb. Maybe he won't want to. Or maybe he'll be more nervous against Silva than he was against Chael, or than Chael was against Silva. That line of analysis is silly for a reason. It's simplistic and dumb.

Second, Silva won both those fights where he got outwrestled. He's won every UFC fight where he got outwrestled. Your analysis doesn't mean anything

Nobody is arguing that he CAN outwrestle Silva you moron. We're arguing your dumb reasons for saying he WILL. I'm sure I could have strung together some nonsense to talk about how Jones WILL badly outstrike Sonnen from the outside using his reach and better technique. It would have all made perfect sense. But then what happened in the fight? Not that. You don't know what Jones is going to do until he does it. That's what makes him so dangerous. And it's what makes you and your wrestlefuck buddies so annoying to have discussions with.

Back