Silva and bones picture, side to side (both are in shape)

So there you go. The fact that Jones is bigger than Silva doesn't make it an unfair fight by any means, does it?

No, it's the fact that he's a weight class above that makes it unfair. Weight classes were after all implemented to avoid unfair situations.

I think you need to know my opinion about the Silva/GSP fight first and foremost, because you're refuting the air right now. Here's a thread that i made in which I stated the reasons I don't support this fight:

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/...s-its-2451039/

As you can see, it has nothing to do with GSP/Silva being "unfair". That's just a word you Silva fans throw around as an excuse.

Could GSP vs. Silva be a fair fight? Yes it could.
Would A. Silva prove something great fight-wise? Not really
Is Anderson picking the easier challenge? Yes he is.

Sounds like someone thinks it's unfair that Georges is the one being pushed for a super fight.

I answered that already didn't I?

Not specifically that question. What you did was give a bunch of excuses as to why that question shouldn't apply to Georges. So i'll ask again.

Is it fair or not as long as a fighter can fight at the top of his ability? It's a yes or no question.

Did you provide a source for GSP weighting 190lbs?

Oh that's right. I won't do your homework either. There's this thing called google...

I didn't provide it because you didn't ask. But since you seem to want it now:

http://espn.go.com/blog/mma/post/_/id/1657/zahabi-st-pierre-about-as-big-as-hell-get

Now, go ahead and provide a link to your statement.

Yes, and i still believe so.

Silva has fought several mid-low tier fighters at 185 as well, and guess what?, yep, he still he didn't look as great as he did at 205.
While beating Forrest/Bonnar/Irvin didn't establish him as an elite 205'er, it did prove that he could perform at the top of his game.

But those 185ers weren't, as you claim, hand picked. So again, how does fighting hand picked mid-low tier fighters prove anything? A lot of fighters can performe at the top of their game against hand picked mid-low tier fighters.

Now please, let me know:

Do you disagree with Anderson being at the top of his game at 205?
If that's so, let me know why.

It's hard to say, seeing as accoring to you, he has only fought hand picked mid-low tier fighters there.

I already covered this point above.

Whinig is not covering a point.

No, it's the fact that he's a weight class above that makes it unfair. Weight classes were after all implemented to avoid unfair situations.

Oh so unfair :icon_cry2

If he only could drop less weight than he usually does in order to make 205...and if he could only have a few fights to test the waters...and then if he could fight at least one top fighter...

:icon_lol:

Sounds like someone thinks it's unfair that Georges is the one being pushed for a super fight.

Which is different from a fight being unfair as you stated, isn't it?

Not specifically that question. What you did was give a bunch of excuses as to why that question shouldn't apply to Georges. So i'll ask again.

Is it fair or not as long as a fighter can fight at the top of his ability? It's a yes or no question.

I answered the question about GSP already and about fair fights as well. Go a few pages back. No need to repeat myself.

I didn't provide it because you didn't ask. But since you seem to want it now:

http://espn.go.com/blog/mma/post/_/id/1657/zahabi-st-pierre-about-as-big-as-hell-get

Now, go ahead and provide a link to your statement.

Too late. Google it.

Your attempt to prove he's small based on being 202 lbs at weigh-ins is a fail since he was 205 lbs before Forrest. Google that as well.

But those 185ers weren't, as you claim, hand picked. So again, how does fighting hand picked mid-low tier fighters prove anything? A lot of fighters can performe at the top of their game against hand picked mid-low tier fighters.

Simple. As i told my other pupil:

Forrest is widely regarded as one of Silva's top 5 wins. He might not be an elite fighter but he's still better than a most of the fighters Anderson has faced.
Franklin is one of Silva's best opponents and he lost to Forrest. Sonnen lost to Forrest as well. Hendo is the only fighter i would give a clear edge over him, and guess what Hendo is nowadays? yep, an elite LHW.

As you can see, the fact that Forrest was handpicked/not elite has no relevance to the point, as he's still comparable to the best opponents Anderson faced at 185.

It's hard to say, seeing as accoring to you, he has only fought hand picked mid-low tier fighters there.

But you don't agree with me on that, do you? So you can very well answer the question.

Whinig is not covering a point.

I refuted all your points bro.

:icon_surp

Last edited:

This is silly. It's a known fact
that Anderson usually has to cut from 220 lbs just to get to 185. Jones has said himself that he usually walks around 225 to 230 lbs. They basically walk around the exact same weight. The only difference is that Jones chooses to fight light heavyweights while Anderson chooses to fight middleweights.

there is a size difference!

The only noticeable size difference would be the height difference.

But if Silva fans believe Silva is so good his skills should be able to overcome the (alleged) size difference.

Heck Silva destroyed Griffin who walks around a weight even bigger than Jones.

Damn why are you guys gettin so wrapped up about it.

Its obvious Silva would have the disadvantage fighting at LHW. End of story.

Back