Silva and bones picture, side to side (both are in shape)

So what is the problem? How is this not fair?

I remember you from a few years back saying things like afraid and cowardly. You and I used to go back and forth about the size difference between these two. I can't go that far back in my post history but I remember it.

It is funny to me now that Silva has a tough challenge in the division above you have changed your tune. It is now not fair for Anderson the way it was for GSP and as a matter of fact there are a few who have done this and it is kind of funny to me.

Just be consistent.

No offense Baba, but you do the very same thing you accuse him of doing. You want Silva to fight Jones, but you say he is too big for GSP and say that fight isn't fair.

You use the fact that Silva is regarded as the P4P king as a reason, but you don't share that opinion, you don't think he is the P4P #1, so there isn't much consistency in your opinons either.

so they are not fair...interesting

Not really. More often than not, a fighter will have an advantage over the other.

no because george's weight fight night is still far below jones, whilst anderson's weight fight night (when he competes at 205) is above 205.

Silly question, and odd logic.

Don't change the subject.

Your argument was that a fight was fair if a fighter was able to fight at the top of his ability at that weight. Georges fights at the top of his ability at 190, which is the weight he fights at on fight night and would have him fighting at LHW. You're now adding things to that statement so it doesn't apply to Georges.

So what is it? Is it fair or not as long as a fighter can fight at the top of his ability?

Also, source on Andersons fight night weight at 205, because he came in at 202 against Bonnar. And what would a to big of a difference be accoring to you? Jones gets up to 220+.

k... Based on what exactly?

I can say anderson's best weight is 205, yet he's so good that he can make the cut to 185 (which he admited wasn't easy) and still dominate.

3 facts prove you wrong. What do you have to suggest it wouldn't be fair? Anything?

Well... you're now saying that those three guys proves that Anderson can hang at 205. But lets not forget that you also made this statement about them;

A. Silva vs. 3 slow mid-low tier fighters. No elites, ever.

Handpicked, either by Dana or Soares. It's the same. They were carefully selected fights.

So according to you, they shouldn't really prove much. Seeing as after all, they where slow handpicked mid tier fighters.

he is, but to the expense of having a far easier opponent than jones and one who will still be smaller fight night.

does this surprise you?

But wait...

You've just argued that as long as a fighter can perform at the top of his ability and the weight isn't far off, then the fight is fair. A catch weight fight between Georges and Anderson should then be fair accoring to you. But now being smaller on fight night seems to matter? How come it matters now and not when talking about Anderson vs Jones?

What is this?

No offense Baba, but you do the very same thing you accuse him of doing. You want Silva to fight Jones, but you say he is too big for GSP and say that fight isn't fair.

You use the fact that Silva is regarded as the P4P king as a reason, but you don't share that opinion, you don't think he is the P4P #1, so there isn't much consistency in your opinons either.

I do want Silva to fight Jones but I do not expect it and I sure as hell would not give him grief if he never fought Jones.

"P4P" is make believe but I use it because he is widely considered to be the "P4P" best fighter in MMA and you guys use it to prove how much better he is than everyone else. When I say it is to get your attention and it does.

None of these guys have to fight each other but don't sit here and tell me it is not fair for Anderson when he has already fought at LHW against the biggest guys in the division and done very well.

You want GSP to come out and say he does not want to fight Anderson but when it is Anderson it is not fair for him and I’m just tired of the double standard that surrounds these two.

meh, im a anderson silva nutthugger at its finest- and the fight i want most is anderson silva vs jbj.

i fear that this may not happen, or that andersons age will catch up with him before it does, and that would be a shame to all of mma.

So what is the problem? How is this not fair?

I remember you from a few years back saying things like afraid and cowardly. You and I used to go back and forth about the size difference between these two. I can't go that far back in my post history but I remember it.

It is funny to me now that Silva has a tough challenge in the division above you have changed your tune. It is now not fair for Anderson the way it was for GSP and as a matter of fact there are a few who have done this and it is kind of funny to me.

Just be consistent.

You know what? I'm such a nice guy that I went through my post history looking for me calling Georges a coward, and guess what I found?

This is from 2011;

I love the fill in the blanks game.

"I also like movies, long walks on the beach, and..."

"Calling professional fighters cowards from the safety of my keyboard."

As opposed to infront of them... that would be stupid.

Anyway, I've played along long enough. I've would have been banned for calling a fighter coward. So please, link to when I've done it.

Oh... that's you, once again accusing me of calling Georges a coward. And me, once again asking you to prove it, and failing to do so. So I guess I'm consistent after all...

So now that I've proved how shitty your memory is, how about you stop accusing me of calling Georges a coward?

I do want Silva to fight Jones but I do not expect it and I sure as hell would not give him grief if he never fought Jones.

"P4P" is make believe but I use it because he is widely considered to be the "P4P" best fighter in MMA and you guys use it to prove how much better he is than everyone else. When I say it is to get your attention and it does.

None of these guys have to fight each other but don't sit here and tell me it is not fair for Anderson when he has already fought at LHW against the biggest guys in the division and done very well.

You want GSP to come out and say he does not want to fight Anderson but when it is Anderson it is not fair for him and I

The champs should just focus on defending their belt. Even if a super fight happens and the bigger fighter win, it wouldn't answer whos the best. It would only be answered if the smaller fighter won, which is very unlikely except maybe if Aldo were to fight Bendo.

No, he just doesn't come off as an emotionally driven fanboy like you and the other guy.

Either that or he's more intelligent than you and is able to put together a more logically coherent argument.

Pssst icecap, wake up.
Claude is the biggest troll in these boards :redface:

First of all you're visibly butthurt. Calm down and don't make it personal.

Please provide proof that Anderson is not at his best at 205. The fact that he's the champ at 185 doesn't negate that possibility. Being good in one division is not a proof that he isn't as good in other, especially when he has 3 devastating wins.

I'll come back later to see what you've got.

LOL Claude, you make it look easy.

Apparently in your blind hate, you are making an argument that contradicts your own argument here?? :redface:

don't have to prove to you anything.
But if you insist...[
a) COLOR="Yellow"]he got the belt at 185[/COLOR].
B) Nobody forced him to go down an extra 20 LBs.
That means: 185 is obviously his chosen weight class.

Moreover, Anderson won 3 fights @ LHW. How many at MW??
Please tell me how he is better at 205?

And let us not forget 5the very fact that, according to YOU, he only fought good fighters, but not ELITE fighters. Isn't it true?
Well... it seems you just conveniently forgot that you yourself was putting him DOWN for fighting those 3 guys at LHW??
So how can they be prof that he is that great at LHW???

I mean, why would you FORGET what you wrote just last week???

It seems you keep losing it, Claude... :icon_cry2

LOL
You look like that turd that doesn't matter how many times one flushes, just won't go away.

Your assertion is stupid.
Just because Silva beat 3 guys at LHW, it doesn't mean he is at his best. This is just something YOU are clinging to because you need to keep this argument alive.

Please tell me again: Which Weight class is Silva is the champion for the past few years?
How many times have SIlva fought in UFC?
How many of those fights were at 205?

And before you go all retard-mode again claiming Jon can't make CW, why don't you check his record and see at what Weight Class he fought in his wrestling career?

So all in all, it amounts to the same: You want Silva to move to 205 where Jon will be at HIS weight Class and Silva won't.
And you call it fair because obviously you need Jon to be at his best against a heavier/slowed down version of Anderson Silva. Afraid much?:redface:

And that's not counting the fact Silva noted he wouldn't move up to fight for the belt as long as his friends and training partners had a chance to fight for it... and that pre-dates Jon fighting MMA. :rolleyes:

yeah, you have a great argument.... NOT!

And yes, it is 4-0... for me :)

if Anderson fans don't want him fighting jon jones they shouldn't be calling GSP a pussy for not fighting Anderson..

if Anderson fans don't want him fighting jon jones they shouldn't be calling GSP a pussy for not fighting Anderson..

I agree with you.
though I don't understand why every hater states that AS fans don't want to see this fight.

if anything, 99% of AS fans wants him to fight both GSP & JBJ.

Personally, that includes me... though I say that he either fights GSP first or never. because i don't think there's much sense in having him fighting against GSP after he won or lost to Jon.
If he won, I doubt GSP will be considered a challenge to Silva
If he lost to Jon, then Beating GSP will look like a rebound fight, and SIlva won't be "undefeated" anymore.

All in all, I think the debate is not if someone wants AS to fight Jon.
it is the fact that he wants to fight both fighters at CW and GSP or Jon fans cry that "it's not fair" then use completely dubious arguments against it.

I.E. -
a) Silva wants to beat the smaller GSP! (But it's OK for Jon to fight Silva)
b) GSP should not go up to fight Silva because Silva will be too big come fight night! But on the other hand, they DEMAND Silva to fight Jon at 205!
c) GSP should not fight someone so big in Silva. But apparently Jon is not much bigger than Silva even though there's a 15 LBS difference between GSP's WC and Silva's WC and there's a 20 LBS difference between AS's WC and JBJ's WC.

and the excuses goes on and on about it. They always contradict one another, but they always seems to be right...

Apparently the ONLY FAIR solution would be Silva dropping to 170 then ballooning up to 205!
Anything else we are just trying to make it easy for Silva...:eek:

I agree with you.
though I don't understand why every hater states that AS fans don't want to see this fight.

if anything, 99% of AS fans wants him to fight both GSP & JBJ.

Personally, that includes me... though I say that he either fights GSP first or never. because i don't think there's much sense in having him fighting against GSP after he won or lost to Jon.
If he won, I doubt GSP will be considered a challenge to Silva
If he lost to Jon, then Beating GSP will look like a rebound fight, and SIlva won't be "undefeated" anymore.

All in all, I think the debate is not if someone wants AS to fight Jon.
it is the fact that he wants to fight both fighters at CW and GSP or Jon fans cry that "it's not fair" then use completely dubious arguments against it.

I.E. -
a) Silva wants to beat the smaller GSP! (But it's OK for Jon to fight Silva)
b) GSP should not go up to fight Silva because Silva will be too big come fight night! But on the other hand, they DEMAND Silva to fight Jon at 205!
c) GSP should not fight someone so big in Silva. But apparently Jon is not much bigger than Silva even though there's a 15 LBS difference between GSP's WC and Silva's WC and there's a 20 LBS difference between AS's WC and JBJ's WC.

and the excuses goes on and on about it. They always contradict one another, but they always seems to be right...

Apparently the ONLY FAIR solution would be Silva dropping to 170 then ballooning up to 205!
Anything else we are just trying to make it easy for Silva...:eek:

pretty much

inb4 silvas walks around at 230lbs even tho he weighed in at 202 lbs vs bonnar in his last fight

Not really. More often than not, a fighter will have an advantage over the other.

So there you go. The fact that Jones is bigger than Silva doesn't make it an unfair fight by any means, does it?

Don't change the subject.

Your argument was that a fight was fair if a fighter was able to fight at the top of his ability at that weight. Georges fights at the top of his ability at 190, which is the weight he fights at on fight night and would have him fighting at LHW. You're now adding things to that statement so it doesn't apply to Georges.

I think you need to know my opinion about the Silva/GSP fight first and foremost, because you're refuting the air right now. Here's a thread that i made in which I stated the reasons I don't support this fight:

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/gsp-really-one-who-needs-pushed-super-fight-perhaps-its-2451039/

As you can see, it has nothing to do with GSP/Silva being "unfair". That's just a word you Silva fans throw around as an excuse.

Could GSP vs. Silva be a fair fight? Yes it could.
Would A. Silva prove something great fight-wise? Not really
Is Anderson picking the easier challenge? Yes he is.

So what is it? Is it fair or not as long as a fighter can fight at the top of his ability?

I answered that already didn't I?

Also, source on Andersons fight night weight at 205, because he came in at 202 against Bonnar. And what would a to big of a difference be accoring to you? Jones gets up to 220+.

Did you provide a source for GSP weighting 190lbs?

Oh that's right. I won't do your homework either. There's this thing called google...

Well... you're now saying that those three guys proves that Anderson can hang at 205. But lets not forget that you also made this statement about them;

Yes, and i still believe so.

So according to you, they shouldn't really prove much. Seeing as after all, they where slow handpicked mid tier fighters.

Silva has fought several mid-low tier fighters at 185 as well, and guess what?, yep, he still he didn't look as great as he did at 205.
While beating Forrest/Bonnar/Irvin didn't establish him as an elite 205'er, it did prove that he could perform at the top of his game.

Now please, let me know:

Do you disagree with Anderson being at the top of his game at 205?
If that's so, let me know why.

But wait...

You've just argued that as long as a fighter can perform at the top of his ability and the weight isn't far off, then the fight is fair. A catch weight fight between Georges and Anderson should then be fair accoring to you. But now being smaller on fight night seems to matter? How come it matters now and not when talking about Anderson vs Jones?

I already covered this point above.

What is this?

It's 2-0 now i'm afraid.

Yawn.

LOL Claude, you make it look easy.

Apparently in your blind hate, you are making an argument that contradicts your own argument here?? :redface:

don't have to prove to you anything.
But if you insist...[
a) COLOR="Yellow"]he got the belt at 185[/COLOR].
B) Nobody forced him to go down an extra 20 LBs.
That means: 185 is obviously his chosen weight class.

Moreover, Anderson won 3 fights @ LHW. How many at MW??
Please tell me how he is better at 205?

And let us not forget 5the very fact that, according to YOU, he only fought good fighters, but not ELITE fighters. Isn't it true?
Well... it seems you just conveniently forgot that you yourself was putting him DOWN for fighting those 3 guys at LHW??
So how can they be prof that he is that great at LHW???

I mean, why would you FORGET what you wrote just last week???

It seems you keep losing it, Claude... :icon_cry2

Flawed logic.

His credentials and accomplishments at 185 are by no means proof that he's not at the top of his game at 205. Once again, understand this: Being accomplished in one division doesn't negate the possiblility of being at the top of his game in another one.

Since you're lost I will help you a bit:

In order to prove your point about him not being at his top game at 205 you must bring facts that oppose that premise, not facts that may be complementary to it.

Anderson struggling, losing fights/rounds at 205 would be an example, but none of that happened. Instead he won 3 fights with extreme ease. Therefore a premise of him being at the top of his game has more susbtance than a premise that suggests he's not, which has no basis at all.

I'll give you one more chance to prove your point, and please, save all your anger and emotions towards me, just get to the point.

Flawed logic.

His credentials and accomplishments at 185 are by no means proof that he's not at the top of his game at 205. Once again, understand this: Being accomplished in one division doesn't negate the possiblility of being at the top of his game in another one.

Since you're lost I will help you a bit:

In order to prove your point about him not being at his top game at 205 you must bring facts that oppose that premise, not facts that may be complementary to it.

Anderson struggling, losing fights/rounds at 205 would be an example, but none of that happened. Instead he won 3 fights with extreme ease. Therefore a premise of him being at the top of his game has more susbtance than a premise that suggests he's not, which has no basis at all.

I'll give you one more chance to prove your point, and please, save all your anger and emotions towards me, just get to the point.

Claude, how low will you stoop to try and prove a dumb point?
A) I don't have to prove to you crap. The fact Silva does not fight at 205 as his weight class is prof enough this is not his preferred/best weight class.

B) if anything, YOU have to prove to ME that he can, indeed beat elite fighters at 205. Because according to YOU he didn't do that.

And you seem to be lost, let me give you an example.
if he fights against a low tier HW and beats him, will you start claiming he is at his best to HW too?:eek:

You logic is not only flawed, but baseless and ridiculous since YOU have nothing to prove he can perform well against ELITE competition at LHW! And that's ACCORDING TO YOU!

If you'd have only kept your mouth shut and agreed Forrest was elite like some people said, you could try to build a case.
But as he is not (and I agree with you there), you are the one left with nothing to show.

Will logic keep hitting you in your face or will you shut up already and agree you got NOTHING?
For shame, Claude!

Last edited:
Claude, how low will you stoop to try and prove a dumb point?
A) I don't have to prove to you crap. The fact Silva does not fight at 205 as his weight class is prof enough this is not his preferred/best weight class.

Preferred? Yes
Best? Not necesarily.

For the 3rd time, being great in one division doesn't prevent him from being at the top of his game in other. Anderson was once a decorated WW, yet that didn't prevent him from being at the top of his game at MW did it?
Well, the same applies to LHW.

Also, what would exactly prevent Anderson from being at the top of his game at 205?

Give me a rational explanation because yours doesn't make any sense. He has already admited the cut to MW is difficult, so why would not making that difficult cut work againts him? :icon_idea

Are you suggesting that not dieting and dehydrating before a fight would actually diminish his game?

B) if anything, YOU have to prove to ME that he can, indeed beat elite fighters at 205. Because according to YOU he didn't do that.

I'm not debating whether he can or cannot beat elite fighters at 205. I'm debating whether he's at the top of his game. He can lose at 205 and still be at the top of his game (considering 205 has much better fighters than 185), and he can lose at 185 and be at his top game as well.

If Anderson hasn't proved he can beat elite LHW's then that's his problem, not mine. He's the one who hasn't been up to the challenge.

Anderson's trend at 205 is taking fights he knows he can win, but even if his competition wasn't great, he still proved he was at the top of his game. He defeated Forrest in a way that nobody ever did before. You don't toy with a fighter like Forrest if you're not at the top of your game. Furthermore Anderson has fought several fighters below Forrest's level at 185 and still didn't make it look that easy.

Also Forrest is widely regarded as one of Silva's top 5 wins. He might not be an elite fighter but he's still better than a most of the fighters Anderson has faced.
Franklin is one of Silva's best opponents and he lost to Forrest. Sonnen lost to Forrest as well. Hendo is the only fighter i would give a clear edge over him.

Anderson doesn't need to beat any elite LHW's in order to prove he's at his best because:

a) He could lose being at the top of his game
b) A mid tier LHW is already is comparable to his best opponents at 185

And you seem to be lost, let me give you an example.
if he fights against a low tier HW and beats him, will you start claiming he is at his best to HW too?:eek:

He could be at the top of his game being above 205 lbs but he would be considerably outsized at HW. Not the case at LHW. He actually drops weight in order to compete there.

Very silly question, my pupil.

You logic is not only flawed, but baseless and ridiculous since YOU have nothing to prove he can perform well against ELITE competition at LHW! And that's ACCORDING TO YOU!

I already covered this point.

If you'd have only kept your mouth shut and agreed Forrest was elite like some people said, you could try to build a case.
But as he is not (and I agree with you there), you are the one left with nothing to show.

Forrest not being elite doesn't oppose to my argument for the reasons stated above.

Will logic keep hitting you in your face or will you shut up already and agree you got NOTHING?
For shame, Claude!

You've got a lot of homework to do, unless you want to be 0-5 against me.

I can't wait for Weidman to win and put an end to this constant 'super fight' fantasy crap

Back