Media Official Trailer for UFC 302: Makahachev vs Poirier

I wonder what excuses haters will bring up after Islam beats Dustin. They can’t use Abu Dhabi excuse. I’s guessing it’s the cherry picking one or Dustin wasn’t that good. Dustin used to be a FW so we might hear Islam only beats FWs.
I also wonder what happens to those losers. Like Dustin is crazy good. If Islam wins he's the best. He should fight Leon Edwards and maybe even DDP. He's that good. Who cares about the lws

But then the haters will just say he's ducking the division again. Predictable

Lol if Dustin falls short again, 3rd time... thas def title chances done and dustin'd. He'll cry for like a week too.

But, I don't like Islam so I hope Dustin wins. He deserves it.

I also wonder what happens to those losers. Like Dustin is crazy good. If Islam wins he's the best. He should fight Leon Edwards and maybe even DDP. He's that good. Who cares about the lws

But then the haters will just say he's ducking the division again. Predictable
I think Leon is his hardest fight on the horizon, and it will be between two fighter with long win streaks. Islam haters doesn’t want him to fight Leon because if he wins, they will have to come up with more excuses to discredit him. He gets accused of being a weight bully but when he tries to disprove that, haters say “stay in your lane”. I just want to see the best fight matchups.

With all of us waiting for Islam vs Arman. watch Dustin catch Islam and knock him out.

Will the Costa curse happen again on this card.
What is the Costa curse?

When he fights as co-main, the main event champ will be brutally KOd?
Or when he fights an ex-champ, his opponent retires?

• Haha
Reactions: Kb7
They will say Dustin is a former FW and almost retired. People here are too easy to predict.
I think your prediction is dumb. Dustin is a top 10 lightweight of all time. He's accomplished far more at 155 than he ever did at 145. Anyone who calls him a former FW is a complete idiot.

The criticism of this fight will be what we have already seen before it was even made. That Dustin doesn't deserve the title shot and has a weakness to wrestling. Both of those things are true. But if Islam wins it will still be a big name on his resume.

If Poirier by some unforseen miracle would knock out Islam, that would literally be the happiest moment in my MMA fandom ever. Not because it's Islam, but because Dustin would've finally achieved his dream at become an undisputed champ. Doing it against Islam would just be the Icing on the cake.

Last edited:
I think your prediction is dumb. Dustin is a top 10 lightweight of all time. He's accomplished far more at 155 than he ever did at 145. Anyone who calls him a former FW is a complete idiot.

The criticism of this fight will be what we have already seen before it was even made. That Dustin doesn't deserve the title shot and has a weakness to wrestling. Both of those things are true. But if Islam wins it will still be a big name on his resume.
Ehhh... personally I'm in the middle. I knew Gaethje or Dustin was probably getting a title shot, but was hoping whoever got it defended rank outside the usual top 5 before getting it. Dustin didn't look amazing with getting back to his feet against Chandler or BSD, but he still has power, so it gives him atleast a chance against Islam.

Could be a worse fight setup, could've been better. Atleast we get a fresh match up. Just wanted to call it out because so many hate the dagestani's taking over.

Main event is a forgone conclusion imo.

Islam either chokes him or kicks his head off.

I don't think so. Dustin knows this is his last chance. He's been in with everyone, very dangerous fight for Makachev. However, its hard not to bet Makachev.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obrad
Back