What do you think , Stipe vs Jones not before UFC 302 ?

this is ridiculous, I have a lot of respect for Stipic, he was a great fighter and a good champion, but let's be honest, the man is old and this is not a fair fight

305(Aug) or 306(Sep) seem more likely given the nature of Jon's injury. Plus he's in no position to be rushed back like say Jamahal Hill who doesn't have the legacy or drawing power of a Jon Jones.

Is 302 scheduled sometime in mid 2025?
June 1st atm, rumored for Newark but nothing set in stone. I'd love to see them bump up the UK visit or go to South Africa for DDP/Izzy but highly unlikely

Stipe still has a punchers chance. Heavyweights can fight into their 40's

this is ridiculous, I have a lot of respect for Stipic, he was a great fighter and a good champion, but let's be honest, the man is old and this is not a fair fight
I think he feels he has one more great fight in him and feels deep down he can beat Bones. I'm not optimistic but let him have that fight if he wants it.

305(Aug) or 306(Sep) seem more likely given the nature of Jon's injury. Plus he's in no position to be rushed back like say Jamahal Hill who doesn't have the legacy or drawing power of a Jon Jones.
I had to do 12 weeks of physical therapy before even having 85% mobility/range of motion and 50% of my strength in my chest after my pectoral tear caused by a shoulder crank. Getting it to about 90% took a year, and it's never been the same. He is probably training lightly with any chest exercises still.

June 1st atm, rumored for Newark but nothing set in stone. I'd love to see them bump up the UK visit or go to South Africa for DDP/Izzy but highly unlikely
I think you missed the joke. I asked if it was Mid 2025 as in Jon and Stipe feels like it won't happen for a million years.

I think they'll do MSG again. So sometime in November.

Really looking forward for this fight to happen late summer and then they will both retire and then we can finally have Aspinall be crowned the real champion and maybe we get back on track with the heavyweight division the year 2025.

Really amazing work here by the UFC.

Not sure the card number, but Stipe/Jones will probably be in the last quarter of the year. Wouldn't be shocked if it was the december card.

Back