Silva and bones picture, side to side (both are in shape)

Vitor is a black belt with better ju jitsu than silva and he got subbed and jones is still improving, bro i got sum bad news for you if you think silva will win

I got sum bad news if you think you know anything about mma. Or what I think.

Key word.

You're right. That's my bad.
170_jon_jones_in_a_sling.0_standard_709.0.jpg

And you're right, Vitor BJJ is lights out. Choking out a gassed out fat ass Rumble and Bobby Southworth, is way more impressive than subbing Dan Henderson and Travis Luter.

edit: But you guys are dumb. I'm not even saying that Silva has any shot if Jones decides to wrestle. I'm saying that MMAth is a useless exercise.

Jones dominated a guy that Silva has two tough wins over. Silva destroyed a guy that Jones needed four hard fought rounds to beat. You know what either of those are gonna mean when they fight? Fuck all.

Last edited:
Lol, no.

205 Anderson carries more body fat than any of them.

That show you how great fedor is, he his smaller than anderson but carry so much body fat that he have to fight at heavyweight. Pretty incredible that he had the longest undefeated strike in mma.

How the Hell are people looking at this and still saying Jones is that much bigger? Jones is two inches taller, but Silva has a thicker base.

That show you how great fedor is, he his smaller than anderson but carry so much body fat that he have to fight at heavyweight. Pretty incredible that he had the longest undefeated strike in mma.

not really all that incredible, given the people he fought. and at the time never really faced a top 5 heavy weight. don't get me wrong he is/was a great fighter but as someone once said, 'to be the man, you have to beat the man. woooo!!!'- gotta love ric flair.

This fight needs to happen already, Anderson is nearly 40 ffs.

Let's look at reach:

Jones: 84.5"

Vitor Belfort: 74"
Shogun: 76"
Rashad: 75"
Machida: 74"
Rampage: 73"
A. Silva: 77.6"

Basically, what I'm saying is, Silva has a longer reach than most of Jones' opponents so far. I didn't hear anyone saying "boo hoo Machida can't fight fight Jones because he's only 6" 1' and has a 74" reach. It's not fair!"

Why is it that Silva makes an exception? I think it's as fair as a fight than any LHW opponent Jones can have. Size-wise that is. Just make it happen Dana, plz.

Reach is not the main problem, wrestling is
Anderson's sense of distance and timing and superior striking would allow him to dispatch Jones stnding if they stood but we all know Jones would take it to the ground asap

Yayyyy! MMAth!

Vitor almost snapped your boy's arm. Silva kicked Vitor's face off. That = very bad news for Jon.

This is fun!
Try not to be an idiot. You read my example. That wasn't MMA math, it was an analysis in regard to the wrestling of the three fighters. MMA math does not always work, we all know that. But if Fighter A badly outwrestles B, and B badly outwrestles C, then it's safe to assume A will badly outwrestle C. If you disagree with this we can gladly debate it and I will provide you with more examples than you'll ever care to read.

Last edited:
And Maia threw chael, but couldn't throw Anderson.
That's a little different because it was a slick grappling move. Chael initiated that clinch, and Maia caught him with something. Anderson obviously didn't initiate those exchanges with Maia. Jones took Chael down with a single in 8 seconds. Chael took Anderson down repeatedly with singles and doubles. Jones will do the same. I don't think anyone could really bring a very credible argument that says Anderson won't get taken down by Jones when Hendo was able to take him down, Lutter was able to take him down, Chael was able to take him down and control him in 5 of 7 rounds, and Jones was easily able to take down and control Chael. I think most thought Jones could take Anderson down anyway, but seeing Jones ragdoll Chael was very bad news for Anderson.

That's a little different because it was a slick grappling move. I don't think anyone could really bring a very credible argument that says Anderson won't get taken down by Jones when Hendo was able to take him down, Lutter was able to take him down, Chael was able to take him down and control him in 5 of 7 rounds, and Jones was easily able to take down and control Chael. I think most thought Jones could take Anderson down anyway, but seeing Jones ragdoll Chael was very bad news for Anderson.

Takedown ability doesn't always translate to take down defense. Marquardt took Chael down too. Besides, Anderson submitty'd Chael and Hendo on the ground. Didn't I see Adam Cella submit Jones from the bottom?

Last edited:
Takedown ability doesn't always translate to take down defense. Marquardt took Chael down too. Besides, Anderson submitty'd Chael and Hendo on the ground. Didn't I see Adam Celia submit Jones from the bottom?

Who is Adam Celia and if he is submitting Jones why isn't fighting for a title????

If it ever happens I see Bones GnPin' Anderson in to a bloody stain on the octagon floor

Takedown ability doesn't always translate to take down defense. Marquardt took Chael down too. Besides, Anderson submitty'd Chael and Hendo on the ground. Didn't I see Adam Cella submit Jones from the bottom?
I'm not talking about submissions, sure Anderson COULD submit Jones. It's not likely, but of course it could happen. The point is if Chael outmuscled and badly outwrestled Anderson, and Jones did the same to him, it's VERY likely Jones will be able to outwrestle Anderson. This is just common sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back