Should the NFL be required to place Colin Kapernick on a team?

No team is required to hire him. As long as there is no proof of discrimination based on a protected trait (race, religion, sexual orientation etc) then that's the team's right to not draft him.

I support his right to take a stand based on his morals and salute him for that. I think it is morally wrong for anyone to not hire him for that, but its the teams rights. Both parties have their rights.

The NFL is in the business of making money. If any players baggage follows them onto the field and impacts that bottom line then fuck them.

He should have chosen the smart choice keeping his mind on the game and left his activism off the field. He chose to do it while performing his job instead. Fuck him.

You have a right to your opinions and a right to voice them. The owners have a right to protect their product. Forget that, Fuck you and your career.

i dont see what's the big deal with the NFL not hiring a subpar QB. If he was a great QB, then he'd have a job

They dont mind black players who tow the line. Its a different story when you get political and point out the flaws of our society. Its a complex issue you are purposefully trying to dumb down

Not sure what you're talking about, but the NFL has a reputation for giving players multiple chances. There are quite a few players who don't tow the line and get away with it. Ezekiel Elliott got suspended for six games today and the Cowboys will welcome him back with open arms on Week 7. This has nothing to do with race. Do you watch the NFL? Do you know where Kaepernick stacks up against his peers? Kaepernick is a one-dimensional QB that is very easy to scheme against.

He's a QB who can't consistently go through his progression tree, so choking off all of the "quick" routes pretty much shuts him down as a passer. He usually checks down to his RB out of the back field or tucks the ball and runs. Very easy to defend when your average NFL middle linebacker weighs 250 lbs. and runs a 4.6 40-yard dash. If you look at his early success under Harbaugh, the 49ers designed and ran a modified Pistol Offense because Kaepernick wasn't picking up the normal pro-style offense they were running with the original starting QB. Once Harbaugh left and Kaepernick was forced to run a pro-style, his flaws really began to show. Adding in his baggage and lofty contract demands makes it pretty easy to see why NFL GMs didn't want to make the investment in him. He'll still probably play this season, though. At some point, a team will get desperate enough to add him to their roster.

Last edited:
As far as his talent, I love Kaep's athleticism. It's fun to watch. And tough to stop. I was a fan of his when he came into the league.

7ed1b62492c4e8f7bcf3e58c9a38ed73--football-humor-football-stuff.jpg

LOL damn thats as bad as the government trying to tell you how to run your business. If you dont want to sign the guy you shouldn't have to.

They dont mind black players who tow the line. Its a different story when you get political and point out the flaws of our society. Its a complex issue you are purposefully trying to dumb down
What are these flaws?

Not sure what you're talking about, but the NFL has a reputation for giving players multiple chances. There are quite a few players who don't tow the line and get away with it. Ezekiel Elliott got suspended for six games today and the Cowboys will welcome him back with open arms on Week 7. This has nothing to do with race. Do you watch the NFL? Do you know where Kaepernick stacks up against his peers? Kaepernick is a one-dimensional QB that is very easy to scheme against.

He's a QB who can't consistently go through his progression tree, so choking off all of the "quick" routes pretty much shuts him down as a passer. He usually checks down to his RB out of the back field or tucks the ball and runs. Very easy to defend when your average NFL middle linebacker weighs 250 lbs. and runs a 4.6 40-yard dash. If you look at his early success under Harbaugh, the 49ers designed and ran a modified Pistol Offense because Kaepernick wasn't picking up the normal pro-style offense they were running with the original starting QB. Once Harbaugh left and Kaepernick was forced to run a pro-style, his flaws really began to show. Adding in his baggage and lofty contract demands makes it pretty easy to see why NFL GMs didn't want to make the investment in him. He'll still probably play this season, though. At some point, a team will get desperate enough to add him to their roster.
Week 8, their bye week is week 6.

Kaepernick is a radical leftist liberal Democrat. @ripskater @Pwent

nfl_7787901.jpg

That sign is idiotic. Vets haven't done anything useful since WWII. Securing sweetheart deals for fat cats in Washington (Carlyle group/Blackwater/Haliburton) etc...count for nothing.

So i dont football.

Why is this news?

Someone give me the cliff notes version on this controversy.

That sign is idiotic. Vets haven't done anything useful since WWII. Securing sweetheart deals for fat cats in Washington (Carlyle group/Blackwater/Haliburton) etc...count for nothing.

Obviously you don't support the military.

So i dont football.

Why is this news?

There isn't any. Kapernick (an average performing quaterback) did not get picked up this season. That's it.

The rest is simpletons labeling him a communist/muslim/traitor/etc...

Required? Of course not. He is better than a few starting quarterbacks and definitely better than most backups, so teams are kind of stupid not to pick him up. He will get picked up eventually when his price comes down.

CK black father hated him and abandoned him, he never grew up around blacks or the ghetto, never experienced real racism, and was raised by a loving white family.

I grew up in Oakland in the hood, Im black, and I cant stand people like CK, dude has narcissism. He never grew up where I grew up he doesn't know shit about my struggle or the other blacks struggle.

At least he is taking a stand and risking his career. That's a hell of a lot more than can be said about these other uncle tom celebrities worried about their paychecks over their own people. Uncle toms like Shaq, Barkley, and the rest. Fuck em.

So i dont football.

Why is this news?

Kaepernick was a quarterback who had a couple of very successful years, whose performance then fell off significantly. Last year he began making very political statements and gestures during games, most notably kneeling during the singing of the national anthem, when it is customary for players to stand as a sign of respect.

This year he is a free agent, and no team has been willing to sign him, because 1. He isn't very good. and 2. He has a lot of baggage, ie, a lot of fans feel politically disrespected by him. It seems probable to me that he has been blacklisted in some sense, meaning there is a t least a tacit agreement amongst NFL team owners not to sign him.

Finally, it is worth noting that the NFL, which had been a TV ratings powerhouse, has been slipping the past few years. Ratings were down last year in particular, and while by no means is most of it attributable to Kaepernick's antics, a non-negligible portion most likely are due to fan anger at him. Rights to televise NFL games, which are negotiated based on predictions of their ratings, are a major source of NFL revenue. So Kaepernick pissing off a subset of fans is costing the entire NFL money.

The NFL is receiving a tremendous amount of backlash for Colin Kapernick being unable to find a job with a team. It is clearly a race issue and protests are being planned for the new season.

So should someone at this point step in and force them to find a team for Kap to play on? Discrimination is illegal in this country, so clearly the NFL is in violation of those laws.

I know a lot of you will fly off the handle, but the bottom line is that his activism has hurt him. Dont tell me Jay Cutler gets hired over him if owners were simply looking at skill. Kap is one of the top young qb's in the game and his not being on a team is ridiculous and stems from one thing.....racism.

So what say you Sherdog? Should they find him a team?

And I know this is hard, but please keep this civil l. Lets just focus on the issue of race and how that has clearly cost him work. No need to get personal in the discussion like those on the right like to do.

EDIT- can a mod edit the title please? I left the "e" out of Kaepernick
Do you even watch football? He had one good season. He sucks Cutler is way better. No one wants all the drama he brings either.

Back