Should the NFL be required to place Colin Kapernick on a team?

There's over 100 quarterbacks in the NFL. Kapernick's stats put him in the top 30 of that list.

His inflated stats, due to garbage time? LOL.

He's not a back up, because he's a top 30 QB in the league

Your argument is nothing but conjecture. If he's floundering what are the other 70+ quarterbacks doing?

Kap was decent player at one time. He's getting older, shittier, and has been relegated to back up duties. FYI, that's a downward trajectory.

Floundering.

He's an asshole and mediocre player. He's not owed anything.

i dont see what's the big deal with the NFL not hiring a subpar QB. If he was a great QB, then he'd have a job

Kaepernick-Opressed-Meme-e1472569237598.jpg

There's over 100 quarterbacks in the NFL. Kapernick's stats put him in the top 30 of that list. Your argument is nothing but conjecture. If he's floundering what are the other 70+ quarterbacks doing?

Are you an actual fan of the NFL?

If you were and you knew how teams were built you'd know being a top 30 qb (lol, barely) doesn't guarantee you shit.

His inflated stats, due to garbage time? LOL.

He's not a back up, because he's a top 30 QB in the league

Kap was decent player at one time. He's getting older, shittier, and has been relegated to back up duties. FYI, that's a downward trajectory.

Floundering.

As I already stated. If he is floundering there are 70+ other quarterbacks doing worse.

Are you an actual fan of the NFL?

If you were and you knew how teams were built you'd know being a top 30 qb (lol, barely) doesn't guarantee you shit.

Who stated it was a guarantee? I certainly didn't.

As I already stated. If he is floundering there are 70+ other quarterbacks doing worse.

Of course. There is only so much room at the top.

Starters
Losers like Kap.

The thing is you are counting career backups and rookie QB's, neither of which factor into this discussion. Colin wants to be a starting qb and not many teams need one. Especially one that is a one-read QB with a dismal completion %, who runs out of the pocket too quickly and is clearly regressing.

Who stated it was a guarantee? I certainly didn't.

Well you feel like that should be enough to get him a job, but it is clearly far more nuanced than that.

The thing is you are counting career backups and rookie QB's, neither of which factor into this discussion.

Who cares? Stats are objective. His performances landed him in the top 30.

Colin wants to be a starting qb and not many teams need one. Especially one that is a one-read QB with a dismal completion %, who runs out of the pocket too quickly and is clearly regressing.

Who doesn't want to start as a quarterback?

Well you feel like that should be enough to get him a job, but it is clearly far more nuanced than that.

Again, I never stated this nor did I imply this. Stop with your conjecture.

since the nfl is a business, and it would be bad for business for a team to have this guy on it, why is anyone surprised when he's not signed? ESPECIALLY when he isn't exactly a star quarterback? he was good with harbaugh and the niners. but harbaugh isn't in the nfl anymore, and there are no other teams that would take him, given his diminishing skills and extreme baggage.

since the nfl is a business, and it would be bad for business for a team to have this guy on it, why is anyone surprised when he's not signed? ESPECIALLY when he isn't exactly a star quarterback? he was good with harbaugh and the niners. but harbaugh isn't in the nfl anymore, and there are no other teams that would take him, given his diminishing skills and extreme baggage.
Are you basing your opinion on fact that it's bad for business? I hope you're not basing it on the garbage thestruggle posts.
His jersey sales last year were top 20 in league

Who cares? Stats are objective. His performances landed him in the top 30.

Who doesn't want to start as a quarterback?

Again, I never stated this nor did I imply this. Stop with your conjecture.

1. Depends on which stats and how you evaluate them and value him. His completion rate and QBR are terrible. He doesn't win, which is a pretty big deal as a QB. And if I am not mistaken he was dead last in second half TD's last season, those are pretty important. For you to toss out how he is better than ~70 QB's in the league is plain dishonest. Again, some guys never saw the field so you can't compare them in any way, and some guys are rookies. Whats funny is a couple rookies this year will probably he better than him. Hell Dak played better that Kap could ever hope to.

2. Lots of QB's are career backups and are perfectly ok with it. Lol, many have said as much in interviews. And it is relevant because if Kap were willing to take an incentive based contract and any job, he would jave a job by now. But he left 12 million and a starting job on the table, and the rumors that he is only looking for a starting job and 12+million per year is clearly supported by that. He plain isn't worth that. And it's cute how people who take his side ignore this. They also ignore the fact that he ruined his best 2 chances (Miami and Baltimore) by his own hand.

3. So your are in this thread posting as you have and you don't think he should have a job in the NFL? Lol, then what's your actual point?

Back