Rumor: "UFC 222 Pay-Per-View Buys Hit A 10 Year Low For The UFC"

How can it be so low it had WMMA in the limelight and we all know everyone loves that
Especially sherbros who are the biggest buyers of ppv's on the planet.

215 bottomed out at 100k & waz the lowest PPV buy since UFC 53.
06/04/05 UFC 53 Arlovski v. Eilers - 90,000

So being lower than that would mean it's the lowest PPV in almost 13 yearz. :eek:

There's about 6 or 7 of them in that range... but 215 waz the lowest.

It's obvious who's going to win and there's no real back and forth for excitement or anything that is easy on the eye. Just a big woman punching a usually smaller woman in the face until they can't take it. She's tough as nails too, so when she's getting punched it doesn't even look like it phases her.

With Ronda, she was dominant, but had obvious holes in her game where she would look beatable. Also, when she fought, she would usually bum rush them, hip toss a bitch and go for an arm bar. All of these things are interesting to a casual fan.
Casual fans dont like a quick tko/ko? They want a competitive fight that goes the distance and was really close? When I started watching MMA I would skip decision fights and only watch quick finishes, they were the most interesting to me.

Nobody (except maybe Cyborg) thinks Cyborg is a draw.
There must be others who think so, or the UFC wouldn't have made a division just for her.
But even though I'm a big fan of WMMA, Cyborg is not a draw for me.

I can remember many of you who thought UFC 219 PPV numbers were decent because of Cyborg.

main draw was Khabib then Holm then Cyborg.

UFC 223 will sell over 450k
http://mmaimports.com/2018/03/rumor-ufc-222-pay-per-view-buys-hit-10-year-low-ufc/
That's what happens when you're too greedy and have too many fighters on the roster just because you don't want your competition to get better. They need to release some fighters and let Bellator scoop them up. Then they need to focus on building great cards from top to bottom and not have them every week ends. I say 1 to 2 PPVs and 1 to 2 fight nights a month. 3 cards a month would be good enough.

These are normal #s...this is what happens when you base your projections on people like Ronda and Conor and then expect everything to match those numbers. WME got greedy. Why do you think nothing is being done about Conor... they hope to make more money off of him.. so they are kissing his ass.

In other news, illegal streaming of UFC events is at an all time high.

But, but, but Cyborg was going to "save" the card . . . .

I can see why some people hate WMMA because its a lower weight class and rarely see heavy hitters that finish opponents, Cyborg does all that though, how can you dislike her

Because her career has basically been beating up smaller women with cheating thrown in for extra seasoning.

I'll wait for Meltzer to release his estimates.

This was a fox card and we all know it.

"See, you sell high then you wait a few years and buy it back at an all-time low!"

Sport_Lorenzo_Fert_2697744k.jpg
I hope they do! It was so much better under the Fertittas.

The UFC so desperately wants WMMA to become big time but what other female professional sport is big time? Don't worry, I'll wait.

Ronda Rousey was the right person at the right time and the UFC cashed in novelty of the situation but the novelty has worn off. Damn, the Fertittas were smart. They saw they had the two biggest MMA stars of all-time in Ronda and Conor and they cashed in their chips BIG TIME.

One of the worst cards in recent memory, the title fight was a huge mis match and a complete joke.

Not surprising. Put on a stinking card, expect stinking ratings.

You'd think WME would have realised this by now, but they're not bothered. They're happy to give us 2-3 top quality PPV's a year then 10 x subpar ones.

Back