Rumor: "UFC 222 Pay-Per-View Buys Hit A 10 Year Low For The UFC"

How can it be so low it had WMMA in the limelight and we all know everyone loves that

The card was weak

+ going against hbo AND Showtime boxing in the same night was stupid...

This isn't very surprising at all.

My wife is a big fan of WMMA and she has no interest in watching Cyborg fight. She's dominant, but her fights aren't very exciting.

I can remember many of you who thought UFC 219 PPV numbers were decent because of Cyborg.

main draw was Khabib then Holm then Cyborg.

UFC 223 will sell over 450k

Khabib did not draw those numbers. Stop with the madness already. Just because you hardcores are all invested in him doesn't mean casuals were... Not enough to elevate the PPV number above average anyway.

It was Cyborg vs Holly as a duo that drew the numbers. Arguably Holly more so, because I think those promotional videos of harping on about making history against Ronda and the possibility of doing it again against Cyborg got some people intrigued.

Cyborg's a huge draw...

main draw was Khabib

<36>

How much do you imagine Khabib v. a scrub you've never heard of would sell?

The main draw was the fight: Holly v. Cyborg. Just like the main draw for 223 is Tony v. Khabib. Neither of them could carry a ppv fighting an unknown fighter.

Worst Management Ever (WME) trying to force WMMA down fans throats as a headliner blew up in their face finally.

Especially when no one even knew who Cyborgs opponent was.

of course khabib the goat nurmagomedov was the ONLY draw nobody gives a shit about wmma or cyborg

Nobody (except maybe Cyborg) thinks Cyborg is a draw. Especially not against a random Bantamweight.

But there's nothing to suggest Khabib is a draw either. Holm was comfortably the biggest star on 219.

Not really surprising, it was an uninteresting uninspiring card that should've been on TV. We got an invicta level headliner and a FN main event as main and co main. You'd have to be out of your mind to pay 64.99 for THAT.

Back