Rumor: "UFC 222 Pay-Per-View Buys Hit A 10 Year Low For The UFC"

"See, you sell high then you wait a few years and buy it back at an all-time low!"

Sport_Lorenzo_Fert_2697744k.jpg

Who gives s fuck how many people are paying to watch? UFC isn’t going to disappear for the existing fans and anyone that wants to pursue PPV as their main strategy in the days of live streaming is pretty shortsighted.

I mean I'm pretty sure if you put Ortega and Frankie at the top of the card you'd have gotten the same number.

It was a weak card on a crowded night for fights. Not to mention it was FS1 quality on paper.

The first word in the article is "Rumor".

I wonder why TS didn't put that in the OP.

My wife is a big fan of WMMA and she has no interest in watching Cyborg fight. She's dominant, but her fights aren't very exciting.
I can see why some people hate WMMA because its a lower weight class and rarely see heavy hitters that finish opponents, Cyborg does all that though, how can you dislike her

Not surprised. They had Showtime boxing and HBO Boxing to compete with

nice. now lets get this shitshow out ot the ufc. send it back to invicta

Is anyone actually surprised ?

Cyborg is NOT a draw. The fact they rolled her out to 'save the card' is hilarious.

She doesn't have that needle moving ability, neither does Amanda Nunes. But together ? If they fight each other it could do decent numbers with a respectable card behind them.

there's no way they have any sense of the PPVs number by now. information takes months to come in. Sure, anybody can come out and report that this shitbox PPV did less than 150k buys but it is way early to deem this PPV as a 10 year low for the UFC

I can see why some people hate WMMA because its a lower weight class and rarely see heavy hitters that finish opponents, Cyborg does all that though, how can you dislike her
shes not a bad fighter, but fighting a random can from the weightclass below?

Word is.. Ari is already looking for someone to unload the UFC to. There are some Chinese investors interested.
Finally....MMA with some teeth. Losers get decapitated....Choose not to go to the death? Your whole family get's murdered.

It's obvious who's going to win and there's no real back and forth for excitement or anything that is easy on the eye. Just a big woman punching a usually smaller woman in the face until they can't take it. She's tough as nails too, so when she's getting punched it doesn't even look like it phases her.

With Ronda, she was dominant, but had obvious holes in her game where she would look beatable. Also, when she fought, she would usually bum rush them, hip toss a bitch and go for an arm bar. All of these things are interesting to a casual fan.

let's wait for at least legit rumours to come out re PPV buys before deciding anything

but yeah... weak card that was the third most interesting fight event on Saturday night. not a recipe for success

all the talk about who is a draw misses the point that fighters need to be put in the position to succeed. the entire promotion was lacking, the timing was bad, the overall quality of the event was low.

Back