Rumor: "UFC 222 Pay-Per-View Buys Hit A 10 Year Low For The UFC"

Women's tennis is big time. It is the biggest, most popopular and most profitable female sport on the planet.

And yet I'd bet money the average American couldn't name a current women's tennis player outside of the Williams sisters.

what did they expect? they were on the verge of making it a FOX card until they got Cyborg on it, so by doing that they think watching Cyborg crush a can is worth $65? Apparently it isn't.

Most of those fights were very tough to watch. It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if it did bad numbers, because the quality of the fights would directly reflect those numbers.

UFC 1 did more PPV buys than UFC 222

look how far we have come

My wife is a big fan of WMMA and she has no interest in watching Cyborg fight. She's dominant, but her fights aren't very exciting.
Umm... you could say the same thing about Tyson and Ronda.

Ultra dominant fighters who destroy their opponents are typically draws.

ppl actually thought Cyborg was a draw lol

The geniuses at WME strike again. They possess the greatest fight roster ever assembled and can’t do shit with it.

Ah well it happens in MMA, I tend to forgive the fighter once the punishment is over
more females should try cheating in MMA, they dont want to be the best? they ok with average?

Cheating multiple times, including attempting to alter a weigh in scale. And all three times she was busted it was to fight a smaller woman.

That is not just cheating, that is utterly pathetic.

wilder v ortiz > UFC

I can remember many of you who thought UFC 219 PPV numbers were decent because of Cyborg.

main draw was Khabib then Holm then Cyborg.

UFC 223 will sell over 450k
http://mmaimports.com/2018/03/rumor-ufc-222-pay-per-view-buys-hit-10-year-low-ufc/

There are no numbers within 48hrs

Plus if you look into it, this is the "report"
Early internal projections from inside the UFC during fight week, show UFC 222 doing worst than expected at the box office and on PPV. The final UFC 222 buy-rate may be the lowest for the promotion in over 10 years.

So before the PPV someone said the total looks bad to someone else ;)

Very TMZ-esque, one of the full of shit sites reporting Dillashaw-Garbrandt 2, Woodley-Diaz as a closed deal etc

No one should be surprised. There was plenty of talk BEFORE the card that it might struggle to break 100K buys..

Back