Rumor: "UFC 222 Pay-Per-View Buys Hit A 10 Year Low For The UFC"

Not surprised at all. And I also know that Dana was watching the Wilder vs Ortiz card during the entire UFC PPV main card, yup he had it on his screen the entire time, he wasn't even watching the UFC fights. Not only the Wilder vs Ortiz fight, but he was watching the undercard fights on it too on his monitor screen.

Could you imagine Eddie Hern, Lou Bella, Bob Arum, Oscar De La Hoya, and other boxing promoters watching UFC on their monitor during their own boxing event? . This is beyond embarrassing.

Dana doesn't even know who most of the fighters are, he is just reading from scripts before he goes on camera. Well he knows who some of the top guys are and the ones who have been around for a long time. But most of them he doesn't even know their name.

Last edited:
UFC hit $5b in September 2017

They made 9x the profit WWE did in 2017
For real??? Dayum!!! I guess I stand corrected. They still need to figure out another way though. I think they can surpass the 1.95M subscribers the WWE has if they include PPVs. It's real fighting afterall.

For real??? Dayum!!! I guess I stand corrected. They still need to figure out another way though. I think they can surpass the 1.95M subscribers the WWE has if they include PPVs. It's real fighting afterall.

WWE doesn't have anywhere near 1.95m subs
They would cream if they did ;)
Its about 1.5m worldwide & half of what they projected

WWE only made a bit over $30m profit in 2017

Here is some info on how UFC made so much in 2017
http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc-financial-predictions-2017-may-come-surprise/

Fuck your wife.

I do. Don't you fuck yours? You gay bro?

giphy.gif

Cheating multiple times, including attempting to alter a weigh in scale. And all three times she was busted it was to fight a smaller woman.

That is not just cheating, that is utterly pathetic.
Not a fan of it either but still her fights are always fun to watch

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers.

Idk what it's gonna take for the UFC to realize they MUST cut down on the total number of events, both PPV and fight nights. The overall depth of these cards is only getting worse, in staggering fashion. Put on fewer events overall, and fill out the cards you do put on from top to bottom with outstanding fights that people actually wanna pay for.

@Cint you were right, you said this would be the lowest brought UFC PPV for a long time. You told me not to bother and you were right. I feel embarrassed about the PPV main events these days.

My reaction when Joe Rogan was hyping the new Kunitskyua girl who he couldn't even pronounce and had no clue who she was. 2-4 in her last 6 fights LOL, this is shameful. Should never be sanctioned. Just throw the yoga moms in and cardio kickboxing classes mothers in, its the same level.
28829213_133104370850911_753235515_n.jpg

@Cint I don't know weather to laugh or cry or feel embarrassed about the way UFC is going these days.

They could sell an all access fight pass for 29.99 a month, 24.99 a month for a 3 month commitment and 19.99 a month for a 6 month or 1 year commitment. But it has to have all cards, fox, fs1, fight pass and PPV.

yea she cheated or is currently cheating, but she still fights and the fights are amazing.
Its like TRTVitor vs Rockhold we all know its unfair because Vitor is on roids still the fight is entertaining to watch
Maybe its just me, but its kinda hard to get excited for a fight when you know one fighter has an unfair advantage. Not to mention most of her opponents are soccer moms.

Barely a Fox card. Cyborg crushing tomato cans should be on a FX fight night

Guys ...
AGAIN, if you read the actual link from a non-trusted source, you will see that this was predicted by another unnamed source BEFORE THE FIGHT!

No numbers are reported 36hrs after

Umm... you could say the same thing about Tyson and Ronda.

Ultra dominant fighters who destroy their opponents are typically draws.

I explained why, IMO, Ronda was more entertaining here:

http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/139137755/

Watching Cyborg and Ronda is nothing alike. Tyson was KOing taller men stiff, in dramatic fashion with a unique style. Cyborg wears them down until they've taken enough and the ref calls it off. Watching Tyson live was a great experience. Cyborg, not so much.

mmaimports...

you may as well just post what "someone on sherdog reckons"

this rumour went round before the weekend.. but somehow mmaimports are making it as if its post fight data..

they should just be banned from sherdog

WWE doesn't have anywhere near 1.95m subs
They would cream if they did ;)
Its about 1.5m worldwide & half of what they projected

WWE only made a bit over $30m profit in 2017

Here is some info on how UFC made so much in 2017
http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc-financial-predictions-2017-may-come-surprise/
Some great info there dude. So it is pretty safe to say that 2017 was kind of an "anomaly" and unless Conor fights 3 times this yr and we have MayMac 2, they probably won't come close to those numbers. Ratings are even more lower than last yr along w PPV sales. Do you think that they'd benefit from focusing on growing their subscriptions numbers to at least have a consistent revenue there that won't be impacted by all the factors I've listed above?

Guys ...
AGAIN, if you read the actual link from a non-trusted source, you will see that this was predicted by another unnamed source BEFORE THE FIGHT!

No numbers are reported 36hrs after

Too late dude they are off and running.

Also looking at the social media response the event came in 5th for the week which is a good sign the PPV did ok.

Some great info there dude. So it is pretty safe to say that 2017 was kind of an "anomaly" and unless Conor fights 3 times this yr and we have MayMac 2, they probably won't come close to those numbers. Ratings are even more lower than last yr along w PPV sales. Do you think that they'd benefit from focusing on growing their subscriptions numbers to at least have a consistent revenue there that won't be impacted by all the factors I've listed above?

Actually not really
The budget cuts & deals that make them money will still be there in 2018
They are basically a $175-200m profit company without any PPV's sold

But thank you for the words man

They could sell an all access fight pass for 29.99 a month, 24.99 a month for a 3 month commitment and 19.99 a month for a 6 month or 1 year commitment. But it has to have all cards, fox, fs1, fight pass and PPV.
I agree. Give us those 2 options. 9.99 for FP as is now and 19.99 w PPV included.

Too late dude they are off and running.

Also looking at the social media response the event came in 5th for the week which is a good sign the PPV did ok.

I tried
It might bomb, but thread is very misleading, but that won't stop SD ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back