RUMOR: TJ Grant vs. Nate Diaz To Headline UFC Fight Night Halifax

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
This rumor was buzzing on the MMA rumor mill, as well as by a reliable source, MMAsun who's broken many top stories before they've been released, like the Cub vs. Stephens fight the other day. MMAsun reported that TJ Grant vs. Nate Diaz is going to be announced soon as the Main Event for a Fight Night card in Halifax, very close to home for TJ Grant. If this rumor is true, who do you see taking home the win?

Arkridge is a beast with the breaking news!

Good fight. I'm going with Diaz but somewhat expect Grant to win.

I think Nate will win, good fight

Arkridge is a beast with the breaking news!

Good fight. I'm going with Diaz but somewhat expect Grant to win.

I try, I try.

I'm expecting Grant to win too, even with the long layoff. His Muy Thai has looked so sharp in recent fights, and he's gonna have a definite strength advantage, dude is a big LW. Also, his BJJ game is no joke, but it's not often displayed since he's chosen to stand with guys for the most part since his run at 155 started.

Halifax would love to have this main event. Will be tough for T.J. coming back from injury... but no doubt it will be a great scrap either way.

Giving Grant another concussion in his hometown?

Sounds good to me.

I try, I try.

I'm expecting Grant to win too, even with the long layoff. His Muy Thai has looked so sharp in recent fights, and he's gonna have a definite strength advantage, dude is a big LW. Also, his BJJ game is no joke, but it's not often displayed since he's chosen to stand with guys for the most part since his run at 155 started.

Very true. Still gonna root for Nate though.

Could be a #1 contender fight as well.

Very true. Still gonna root for Nate though.

Could be a #1 contender fight as well.

I'm willing to bet it is, Dana loves having Diaz boys in title fights and Pettis has heavily expressed his want to fight Nate.

If true I'll be annoyed if Diaz wins. Knocks Grant out of contention and leaves Diaz in a somewhat ambiguous spot in the division, IMO.

I'm willing to bet it is, Dana loves having Diaz boys in title fights and Pettis has heavily expressed his want to fight Nate.

I don't see the rumour on MMASun tho :icon_surp

I see the UFC is giving Grant a gimme fight for his return from injury. Grant via TKO Round 2.

Back