RUMOR: TJ Grant vs. Nate Diaz To Headline UFC Fight Night Halifax

Grant is steamrolling Crybaby Diaz on his way to the title.

Oh, that would be great!
If Grant mixes it up with takedowns, he could take it.

Waiting for Pettis/Gil and Diaz/Grant, literally taking a year off our lives.

Grant was never going to be a top fighter? He's never lost in the divsion, dominated and KO'd a top 10 guy in Maynard, took it to Matt Wiman and Evan Dunham and looks better and better each time out. He's going to dominate Diaz and get that title shot back.

He didn't dominate Maynard at all, that was a coin flip fight until Maynard's chin gave out. Diaz is going to whoop his ass.

that card is supposed to be in October! thats a helluva time to wait

When is this card even happening? I thought it wasn't supposed to be until October. It'd be very early to announce a main event that far out considering UFC 174 in June has only one fight announced.

I think the fight itself sounds badass, I'd only be concerned about Grant having had time off going in to such a big fight. I'd hate to see either of them lose as well, but I think the fight makes perfect sense for both of them and stylistically it looks like a potential FOTY contender.

It will be interesting to hear what happens. I heard this may be made a while ago and could be for a title shot but that was before they made the Gil VS Pettis TUF. So if Gil wins the belt and Nate wins this fight, the obviously won't fight. So Grant will get knocked out for no reason. But if Pettis wins he'll fight Nate (he's already said he wants his next fight to be against Nate.)

It doesn't really matter much if Grant gets taken out of contention anyway since it's not like Lightweight is running low on potential challengers.

Nurmagomedov is pretty much a win away from a shot. Thomson has to be close considering the controversial Bendo decision that would have earned him a title shot had it gone the other way. RDA and Green have strong winning streaks building up. Khabilov would be there if he manages to beat Bendo. Jury, Barboza and even MJ are starting to put together nice win streaks as well although they aren't there just yet.

If there's any division where you can afford to just throw all the top guys together without trying to protect anybody then it's Lightweight. Nothing like LHW or HW where you need to worry about the champ clearing out the division.

He didn't dominate Maynard at all, that was a coin flip fight until Maynard's chin gave out. Diaz is going to whoop his ass.

Maybe we have two separate definitions of domination but I think rocking and finishing Gray Maynard within 2 minutes is domination.

Delusional Diaz fan says something delusional. Surprise surprise.

His chin gave out in two minutes and 7 seconds. That's fukin domination.

Absolutly dominated maynard,
your coin flip statement is retarded but same could be said about nates fight against maynard
TJ by whatever the fuck he wants, hometown hero, this card is gonna sell out super fast im not missing it

your coin flip statement is retarded but same could be said about nates fight against maynard
TJ by whatever the fuck he wants, hometown hero, this card is gonna sell out super fast im not missing it

TJ Grant selling out a card...

laughing.gif

Everyone dominates Maynard as well. Diaz starched him easily. Maynard is on the decline and is barely a top 15 LW if he even is.

Jesus, there are some retards in here. It was a close fight, both guys were landing hard and then Grant finished Maynard. It was a brutal TKO but it wasn't a dominant performance, calm down.

Yeah, that fight stopped being a coin flip the moment the bell rang.

TJ Grant selling out a card...

laughing.gif

Everyone dominates Maynard as well. Diaz starched him easily. Maynard is on the decline and is barely a top 15 LW if he even is.

Hey, TJ Grant is from the area. I'm sure that'll help. Plus Diaz is a big name in MMA. The UFC usually rewards Canada with good overall cards, so I'm sure a few other good fights will be added.

i would prefer for grant to win, so we have more contenders, but nate is fucking scary for anyone who doesnt have really powerful kicks from the outside

i see nate boxing him up, then grant shooting into a submission. but i wish i was wrong

Back