RUMOR: TJ Grant vs. Nate Diaz To Headline UFC Fight Night Halifax

Will wait for official confirmation- but this will be a long layoff for Diaz. He fought last November and the Halifax show is in October. 11 Month layoff for Diaz when he barely broke a sweat against Maynard does not make sense. He should aim for a June/July return if he wants to stay active.

If true it's a good fight for nate, bad fight for tj

oh man, another Diaz is going to cry "I'm retired"

I'd drive 3 hours to see this for sure.

It will be interesting to hear what happens. I heard this may be made a while ago and could be for a title shot but that was before they made the Gil VS Pettis TUF. So if Gil wins the belt and Nate wins this fight, the obviously won't fight. So Grant will get knocked out for no reason. But if Pettis wins he'll fight Nate (he's already said he wants his next fight to be against Nate.)

Awesome. I hope Grant gets it. Dude has looked great at LW but its been awhile.

Haha. I cannot wait until Grant knocks your boy Diaz out silly.

Grant is a forward pressure boxer when it comes to striking, no one is beating Diaz on the feet without relying heavily on kicks and lateral movement. This is a terrible fight stylistically for Grant and that's before you even take into account the ring rust he'll have and the fact that he's coming off a concussion.

It seems MMAsun's tweet was taken down. I direct messaged asking the reason and he said they were contacted to have it removed immediately, not sure what that means.

Will wait for official confirmation- but this will be a long layoff for Diaz. He fought last November and the Halifax show is in October. 11 Month layoff for Diaz when he barely broke a sweat against Maynard does not make sense. He should aim for a June/July return if he wants to stay active.

He ha said several times that he doesn't want to fight as often as he has in the past anymore.

Initially got very excited about fight but then realised this event is like seven months away. WTF???

Anyways, War Diaz!! Grant is over-rated off of a win over Maynard who we saw against Diaz is not really an elite fighter anymore. Grant was never gonna be a long term top fighter. Diaz will beat him down over five.

SICK.....but I love doaz and I love grant.....so that kind of sucks.

So what if Diaz hasn't fought since November. Grant hasn't fought since May.

Maybe the fight will happen, but no way they are going to announce this fight 7 months out. They don't even have a main event announced for the June or July PPVs.

Initially got very excited about fight but then realised this event is like seven months away. WTF???

Anyways, War Diaz!! Grant is over-rated off of a win over Maynard who we saw against Diaz is not really an elite fighter anymore. Grant was never gonna be a long term top fighter. Diaz will beat him down over five.

As opposed to Nate who has had such longevity in the top 5 :icon_lol:

Grant was never going to be a top fighter? He's never lost in the divsion, dominated and KO'd a top 10 guy in Maynard, took it to Matt Wiman and Evan Dunham and looks better and better each time out. He's going to dominate Diaz and get that title shot back.

Back