Rose Namajunas vs. Michelle Waterson Set For UFC Fight Night Kansas City (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
I'm gonna be honest with yuh- I kinda can't understand why Rose is getting this fight. She's 3-2 in the UFC, 5-3 professionally. Just seems strange to keep rewarding someone with a nearly .500 record. She's generally pretty entertaining, but it's still strange to me.

Rose should take the decision. Better hands + longer reach and i don't see Waterson bullying her in the clinch like Calderwood and Kowalkiewicz did

I would like to think that her training with the Shevchenko sisters means that she'll never get bullied in the clinch by anyone ever again :D

So is this a Fight Night on FS1 or a UFC on FOX card?

It is supposedly starting at 8pm, which is a start time reserved for Big FOX cards, heck, this graphic even says it's on Big FOX:

MMA Fighting and other outlets say it's a Big FOX card:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/2/1...-vs-michelle-waterson-headlines-ufc-on-fox-24

But it's also being called a Fight NIght card... which to be fair, Big FOX cards are sometimes referred to:

http://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-fight-night-kansas-city-2017

Also, Sherdog reports it is Fight Night 108:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Mi...-at-UFC-Fight-Night-108-in-Kansas-City-117239

I'm gonna be honest with yuh- I kinda can't understand why Rose is getting this fight. She's 3-2 in the UFC, 5-3 professionally. Just seems strange to keep rewarding someone with a nearly .500 record. She's generally pretty entertaining, but it's still strange to me.

Watch her TUF 20 fights, if you haven't, and you may understand the attitude of the UFC better. Some were even talking about her as the new Ronda Rousey at that time (back when that meant something good).

Before that, Rose had a submission of the year (beating out Ronda Rousey) for a 12 second finish by flying armbar.

Last edited:
Think I'm going with Rose on this one but I'd like to see Michelle win, she's so cute, ugh.

Rose gave her thoughts on Michelle to Luke Thomas

Thinks Michelle is sneaky dangerous, not a brute like Gadelha or Andrade. Fairly accurate take, I think. Not so sure about Michelle not wanting to use her hands because of injury. She punched Paige in the face pretty hard

the story of wmma

She lacks heart. Waterson should be primed for a title shot after a win here
She lacked heart and what, one fight? I surely hope Waterson isn't comfortable with that assessment.

I wanted to see Waterson vs. Kowalkiewicz but i don't mind this too much either.

She lacked heart and what, one fight? I surely hope Waterson isn't comfortable with that assessment.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I wonder how many different ways her last name has been mis-pronounced over the years.

It happens.
GlamorousLoneFinwhale.gif

The difference is that Michelle took that fight on short notice and almost died during the weight cut. Despite that, she put on a performance nominated for Fight of the Year.

I'm going to repeat this every time someone uses the Tiburcio fight in a judgement or analysis of Waterson: You are making a huge fucking mistake.

There is a reason Tiburcio is 1-2 since then and Waterson is tearing through 115 in the UFC on the edge of a title shot: the fight was a meaningless, bullshit outlier that should be removed from all historical records.

Back