Rose Namajunas vs. Michelle Waterson Set For UFC Fight Night Kansas City (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
I can't look it up right now, but I'm sure I've seen Namajunas post some photos from Jackson-Wink, posing with Waterson during one of Thug Roses visits training with various gyms. I would love to hear some Jackson fighter spill the beans on who would win.

I can't look it up right now, but I'm sure I've seen Namajunas post some photos from Jackson-Wink, posing with Waterson during one of Thug Roses visits training with various gyms. I would love to hear some Jackson fighter spill the beans on who would win.

Yes, Rose trained with Michelle at Jackson's a couple of years ago. They both commented and commiserated about how they were sore and bruised afterwards, to the point they had to ice down.

I actually asked Rose what a fight between them would be like. Her reply was "....it would be awesome, fireworks, explosions and shit!"

They obviously enjoyed it, because a few months later, Michelle visited Rose to train with her in Colorado:

uzFLCpS.jpg

A few things to remember: Michelle was fighting at Atomweight back then and has truly blossomed physically at 115. That said, Rose has gained muscle too! Michelle has gained a whole new wrestling game and has real power in her kicks. Rose is not as wild and her boxing is much better these days. Both much improved fighters.

So pumped for this fight. Happy Michelle finally gets someone worthy of being in the cage with her.

Not sure if this fight makes sense

It doesnt, in that Rose is coming off of a loss and Waterson should be one win aeay from a title fight.

Anyway.. awesome fight! My two favorites in the division, and this could be a great showdown either striking or on the ground. Pulling for the karate Hottie.

I don't care who wins.

God if I could get anywhere near either of these chicks I'd totally ask them out

I should care about that fight more than I do.

But I don't.

sick fight.

so KK vs. Claudia

or Claudia vs. the winner of Esparza/Randa

and KK vs. Tecia?

Rose should take the decision. Better hands + longer reach and i don't see Waterson bullying her in the clinch like Calderwood and Kowalkiewicz did

On the ground = CANCEL EACH OTHER OUT
Stand up = Rose - Reach (both arms & legs)

Remember, not to long ago, Waterson lost her Invicta title to pretty much a "no-namer" asian fighter that was smaller. Waterson got picked apart the entire fight. . .

On the ground = CANCEL EACH OTHER OUT
Stand up = Rose - Reach (both arms & legs)

Remember, not to long ago, Waterson lost her Invicta title to pretty much a "no-namer" asian fighter that was smaller. Waterson got picked apart the entire fight. . .

Waterson will probably submit Rose if this goes to the ground. I'm quite confident in that. Rose took 5 rounds to do what Michelle did in 3 minutes against Paige.

The fight against Tiburcio (a no name Brazilian fighter, by the way) should be pretty much disregarded. Waterson was severely affected by a horrific weight cut. People using that fight to analyze Michelle are doing themselves a grave disservice.

Back