Rose Namajunas vs. Michelle Waterson Set For UFC Fight Night Kansas City (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Winnable for either. Karate Hottie is more technically polished in my opinion, but they are both skilled in similar areas. In a grappling-heavy match, it's a tough call for me. I think Rose's takedowns are superior to Waterson's, but they both are obviously slick and capable of the submission. Even if she takes Michelle down, I don't see her keeping her down there and I definitely envision some sweeps and scrambles. I favor Rose slightly in the standup because I think that her aggression will be a difference maker.

Karate Hottie is actually hot unlike Rose who looks like a teenage boy with AIDS.

Hottie Waterson all the way.

Damn, now I'm really excited to know how much Rose has powered up after her training from hell.

If she has improved her clinch work she may be able to take Karolina now. Clinch work was the only advantage Karolina had in that fight. Rose topped her in every other area of striking .

Sorry it was a while ago we were having a discussion about who the more skilled fighter is between K-Hot and T-Rose.

Right yea i think i remember. You said Michelle i'm sure because i wouldn't take Michelle over Rose.

Yea that's fine. Av bet? How long does it last?

I like this fight, but I think Rose is definitely the underdog here

I'm gonna be honest with yuh- I kinda can't understand why Rose is getting this fight. She's 3-2 in the UFC, 5-3 professionally. Just seems strange to keep rewarding someone with a nearly .500 record. She's generally pretty entertaining, but it's still strange to me.

Wot

Being 3-2 in UFC doesn't mean anything. If she fought against Michelle's UFC competition, Rose would be 2-0 in UFC just like Michelle

I hate it when people nitpick the tiniest, the most useless stats like this to pick a winner

Right yea i think i remember. You said Michelle i'm sure because i wouldn't take Michelle over Rose.

Yea that's fine. Av bet? How long does it last?
Only one event would be good I can't spend to long without Demien. So 15 April to the Swanson fight on the 22nd if you're keen.

Winnable for either. Karate Hottie is more technically polished in my opinion, but they are both skilled in similar areas.
That's why this fight has me on the edge of my seat. Both similar, but different bodies.
In a grappling-heavy match, it's a tough call for me. I think Rose's takedowns are superior to Waterson's, but they both are obviously slick and capable of the submission.
Michelle has a 100% takedown rate in the UFC. I think she has ascended to the "elite wrestling" level in this division. People are going to laugh at me for saying that, but I'm sticking with it. Her judo throws and suplex have looked incredibly powerful, with flawless technique. I think she has a real advantage over Rose here.

Even if she takes Michelle down, I don't see her keeping her down there and I definitely envision some sweeps and scrambles. I favor Rose slightly in the standup because I think that her aggression will be a difference maker.

I see Rose having a advantage with the punches, mainly due to length. That will be offset by Michelle's kicks, which are by far the best in the division.

Also, Rose loves Michelle, so her head won't be in it. I want someone who looks at me the way Rose looks at Michelle:
5Xew5n1.jpg

Well Michelle subbed Jessica Penne, i dont think Rose has any grappling feats even close to that.

Great fight. Rose gets the sub.

Wot

Being 3-2 in UFC doesn't mean anything. If she fought against Michelle's UFC competition, Rose would be 2-0 in UFC just like Michelle

I hate it when people nitpick the tiniest, the most useless stats like this to pick a winner
Rose is a pure frontrunner. When she isn't dominant, she crashes and burns. That's why she has those losses. That's a huge x-factor going into this fight. We've seen Michelle handle diversity before. We haven't seen Rose overcome it.

Rose is a pure frontrunner. When she isn't dominant, she crashes and burns. That's why she has those losses. That's a huge x-factor going into this fight. We've seen Michelle handle diversity before. We haven't seen Rose overcome it.

If you predict a loss based on the two fighters skillsets, I can respect that.

There are a number of fighters like that. Cerrone is always a great example. It largely depends on which Rose shows up to fight. As long as she stays calm and trusts her skill/training/preparation, I think it will be very competitive. Waterson doesn't try to intimidate or play mind games, so there's a good chance that Namajunas will be in great form. Nonetheless, I see Waterson winning by sub.

Back