Rose Namajunas vs. Michelle Waterson Set For UFC Fight Night Kansas City (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
The fans win.
Judging by how both tooled pvz i would favor waterson slightly.

Why are they making the Karate Hottie fight a boy? J/K, I like Rose but the hair makes her look boyish.

I'm taking Michelle in a competitive fight.

The fans win.
Judging by how both tooled pvz i would favor waterson slightly.

I'm taking Michelle in a competitive fight.

High percentage chance this is a very competitive fight. I'd be absolutely thrilled if Michelle was dominant and got a finish, but I will be happy with a simple decision win.

This is much different than Michelle's fights with Magana and Vanzant. I would have been very dissatisfied with anything but a dominant finish. Those women were stepping stones.

War Waterson.

Last edited:
Wot

Being 3-2 in UFC doesn't mean anything. If she fought against Michelle's UFC competition, Rose would be 2-0 in UFC just like Michelle

I hate it when people nitpick the tiniest, the most useless stats like this to pick a winner

So lemme get this straight- I can't use their records to discuss the fight yet you can "decide" that Rose beats Magana even though they haven't fought as your backing for them hypothetically having the same record if blah blah blah?

Later in the thread, I believe you mention that we can't go off of things that we can't foresee. You mention bad weight cuts and such as the unforseen, yet you get to pick a winner for a match that hasn't happened to back your case and then shit on me being nitpicky for using, well, the only facts at hand? Color me confused, but I believe that's exactly what you're doing.

That's some bogus ass logic right there my friend. As I finish this, I'm wondering why I even bothered replying.

So lemme get this straight- I can't use their records to discuss the fight yet you can "decide" that Rose beats Magana even though they haven't fought as your backing for them hypothetically having the same record if blah blah blah?

Um, yes?

{<huh}

My friend, I'm saying Rose' UFC record doesn't mean anything in the context of Rose vs. Michelle fight, since Michelle fought much worse competition.

:( Why so mean?

And to be fair, it's not even like I dislike Rose. Hell, I enjoy her fights quite a bit.

My thoughts are actually that I think they threw her in the fire too early and she could benefit from a few matches against slightly lesser competition to gain some confidence and get rollin. I'm not saying Waterson is the end all be all, but she is some pretty stiff competition. I personally think Rose could use a little more of a push rather than really only fighting beasts so far in her time with the UFC.

And to be fair, it's not even like I dislike Rose. Hell, I enjoy her fights quite a bit.

My thoughts are actually that I think they threw her in the fire too early and she could benefit from a few matches against slightly lesser competition to gain some confidence and get rollin. I'm not saying Waterson is the end all be all, but she is some pretty stiff competition. I personally think Rose could use a little more of a push rather than really only fighting beasts so far in her time with the UFC.

For sure. Her last 2 opponents were both top5. She needs an easy, sacrificial lamb fight

..... Like Magana

{<redford}

For sure. Her last 2 opponents were both top5. She needs an easy, sacrificial lamb fight

..... Like Magana

{<redford}

Magana has been fighting giant rats in the alleys of some banana republic hellhole Waterson cast her into. She will not be an easy fight.

.....the dysentery-related diarrhea will make her very slippery.

If all of the intangibles were even one might pick Rose. Rose is a better boxer, she has greater reach, she's bigger. Michelle is a better kicker but Rose has a solid background in traditional martial arts giving her very good kicking defense. The only place where you might give Michelle a technical advantage is on the ground (she has a submission over skilled grappler Jessica Penne). But it is in the area of the intangibles where Michelle has the real advantages. Rose has less experience, a rather low fight IQ, and less grit/heart.

If all of the intangibles were even one might pick Rose. Rose is a better boxer, she has greater reach, she's bigger. Michelle is a better kicker but Rose has a solid background in traditional martial arts giving her very good kicking defense. The only place where you might give Michelle a technical advantage is on the ground (she has a submission over skilled grappler Jessica Penne). But it is in the area of the intangibles where Michelle has the real advantages. Rose has less experience, a rather low fight IQ, and less grit/heart.

Yes, Michelle has overall better fight IQ, but she has a tendency to make at least one mistake a fight that puts her in a terrible position. Since 2012, It has happened against Rael, Shuckman, Penne, Tiburcio and Magana. Almost all her fights.

The upside is the aggressive moves that put her in all those bad positions also get her finishes and Fight of the Night and Performance of the Night awards.

The downside is a skilled fighter will eventually catch her and it's bad for her fans hearts!

13_Jessica_Penne_vs._Michelle_Waterson_3_medium.gif

That's funny because I wish Waterson would cut her hair again haha
Waterson has never gone down to the Brock Lesnar hair style that I can remember. Eesh.

Also, I think she looks better with long hair.

Back