Report: Silva wants a rematch on Super Bowl Saturday.

i hope its true... i predict an extremely motivated and violent anderson silva to show up... bad news for weidman

I need proof, but it's the fight to make. Dana wants it Weidman wants it, it will happen. If Anderson sees the shit talk and photos of him getting ktfo he will want the rematch as well. To much of a pride

They won't announce it (IMO) until after they negotiate Weidman's new deal. Having him booked on the biggest card of the year would give him even more leverage in negotiations.

You have a good point.

Btw, I read your thread earlier about this topic. I don't know if you already knew about this or not, but if you didn't good call sir!

Hopefully we get another great match. Won't be mad of either win, the Heavies will be unbearable either way.

And if Anderson takes this fight seriously then i don't see him losing.

Oh and for anyone who thought Weidman was gonna beat Anderson regardless of the KO you should read Renzo Gracie's interview since the fight, even he said Weidman was fading and Anderson lost the fight because of a mistake, not because of Weidman being better.

Anderson will get injured and pull out. Deep down, he doesnt want a rematch.

Weidman should be defending that championship sooner than that... Silva should not have the power to keep Weidman and Vitor on the bench that long...

Oh and for anyone who thought Weidman was gonna beat Anderson regardless of the KO you should read Renzo Gracie's interview since the fight, even he said Weidman was fading and Anderson lost the fight because of a mistake, not because of Weidman being better.

Whatever makes you feel better. HE LOST.

Ah yes, the great renzo Gracie. Pfffft.

I don't want Weidman on the shelf for another 7 months. Good lord.

would this rematch be as big as gsp v silva and silva vs jones? Dana is laughing all the way to the bank! IF silva wins, the ufc would still have silva fight gsp or jones down the line.

You have a good point.

Btw, I read your thread earlier about this topic. I don't know if you already knew about this or not, but if you didn't good call sir!

I did not. Read Jeff Wagenheim's column, then did a little searching and found that the UFC had already booked the Prudential Center. Makes too damn much sense not to happen; that card on Super Bowl weekend in New Jersey will do a record gate and 1m+ buys.

Thanks!

Lots of people acting shocked at 7 month turnaround for a title fight; particularly one involving Silva. This is very typical.
Also, the idea that Weidman would take any fight in the interim is absurd.

why the hell would the ufc chance weidman losing?

Time for a fight inbetween that, hopefully something not belt related like a boxing match.........

Time for a fight inbetween that, hopefully something not belt related like a boxing match.........

I have a feeling Dana isn't going to want to risk the money maker that is The Weidster vs Silva II.

In the post fight presser and media scrum he was super adamant that Silva will be The Weidsters next fight regardless.

Back