Report: Silva wants a rematch on Super Bowl Saturday.

Yeah i think it would be hilarious for Weidman to strongarm Silva into waiting a year or so... and who could blame him?

Weidman wants to get paid, he is not making Silva money yet...so waiting a year of prime fighting time would not be in his best interests.

That didn't take long lol.

Why such long gaps between title fights? Surely Champions can fight 3 times a yr.

What I'm really worried about is if AS is really sick of fighting. If he came into the second fight and is not serious like his great UFC bouts (Leben, Franklin, Henderson, Chael 2) I would be sick to my stomach.

Really hoping that he is taking the sport seriously again and isn't just looking for a huge paycheck.

"Speaking with Joe Rogan immediately following his loss to Chris Weidman, Anderson Silva was adamant that he didn't want a rematch and didn't want to fight for the title anymore. However a report today is that Silva has already changed his mind and is hoping to fight Chris Weidman again in February for the UFC's big Super Bowl weekend card:

According to Lauro Jardim (@radaronline), from @Veja, sources close to Anderson Silva revealed he wants a rematch with Weidman on Feb. 2014

Now the usual disclaimer. Guillerme Cruz is a respected in journalist in Brazil, however Twitter isn't always the most accurate source of information. However, most fans and members of the media believe that is likley that after thinking it over Silva would want a rematch to avenge the worse loss of his career."

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/437874/Report-Silva-wants-rematch-Super-Bowl-weekend/

here we go...

Dana-White-Oh-Yeah.gif

"Told You' Dana F White

football season hasn't even started yet, and he want to wait until SuperBowl weekend?!?! ...the Champ should fight before that!

I wish i had thrown some money on Weidman the 1st time around.
Anderson wins the 2nd time though.

Good. Turning down the rematch would have been considerably worse in my eyes than getting KO'd like that.

Weidman wants to get paid, he is not making Silva money yet...so waiting a year of prime fighting time would not be in his best interests.

It def is in his interest as he makes more $ with a silva rematch than a fight vs vitor

This would be cool, but i'll remain skeptic til it's official

Weidman should fight before that if this is true. The middleweight division can be put on hold for Anderson Silva's wishes. Dana might do it though because of the money it would generate........

Seriously? He would make more in this rematch than all of his other fights combined. This would probably be his biggest payday for years to come.......

GOod....hope he takes is seriously and doesn't screw around.....as long as he does, easy win for Anderson

We can only pray that he takes it seriously. I'm sure money is a factor, but if he is in it now for the big paychecks and will just plan on trolling, that will be really sad.

He has a legacy to hold up and I sure hope he doesn't want to be remembered by trolling at getting KTFO.

I'll believe it when Dana or even Soares confirm this.

I'm glad Silva actually wants it, at least. Hopefully he doesn't fuck around next time.

I'll believe it when Dana or even Soares confirm this.

They won't announce it (IMO) until after they negotiate Weidman's new deal. Having him booked on the biggest card of the year would give him even more leverage in negotiations.

Weidman v Vitor in Aug/Sep. Winner meets Silva for SB title bout. What an irony if it turned out to be Vitor v AS. I'd love to see AS's face when told he's got Vitor again. Ah, pipe dreams...

Yeah... they're going to set up a fight of that magnitude in a months time with no build up. Cuz that's how title fights generally work.... :eek:

Just put the fight on an existing card as the main event, stop being greedy UFC.

Back