Report: Silva wants a rematch on Super Bowl Saturday.

Stupid to have it happen then and hold up a division.

I'd prefer Weidman to fight vitor first. Make Silva wait. The more time, the older he gets. Tehe.

i sure hope not. they need to give up on the NYE cards, no one buys em. id rather they stack the cards around it more if they have that many names that wanna fight.
its probably super bowl,the ufc loves that weekend

"Speaking with Joe Rogan immediately following his loss to Chris Weidman, Anderson Silva was adamant that he didn't want a rematch and didn't want to fight for the title anymore. However a report today is that Silva has already changed his mind and is hoping to fight Chris Weidman again in February for the UFC's big Super Bowl weekend card:

According to Lauro Jardim (@radaronline), from @Veja, sources close to Anderson Silva revealed he wants a rematch with Weidman on Feb. 2014

Now the usual disclaimer. Guillerme Cruz is a respected in journalist in Brazil, however Twitter isn't always the most accurate source of information. However, most fans and members of the media believe that is likley that after thinking it over Silva would want a rematch to avenge the worse loss of his career."

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/437874/Report-Silva-wants-rematch-Super-Bowl-weekend/

here we go...

Huh, who saw this coming?

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/weidman-silva-ii-will-february-1-2014-its-obvious-2507181/

I'd rather have it sooner than later, but this fight is going to be HUGE. I hope they stack the shit out of this card, treating it almost like UFC 100. Something like:

Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva II for the UFC Middleweight Championship
Dominick Cruz vs. Barao/Wineland winner for the Unified Bantamweight Championship
Dan Henderson vs. Wanderlei Silva III
Frankie Edgar vs. Mike Brown
Fabricio Werdum vs. Daniel Cormier

Prudential Center is already booked that weekend according to someone at the post fight scrum with Dana.

they need to have it in Vegas...its a tradition.
fox has the super bowl this year,im betting they are going to have a big card that weekend.

I'd rather have it sooner than later, but this fight is going to be HUGE. I hope they stack the shit out of this card, treating it almost like UFC 100. Something like:

Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva II for the UFC Middleweight Championship
Dominick Cruz vs. Barao/Wineland winner for the Unified Bantamweight Championship
Dan Henderson vs. Wanderlei Silva III
Frankie Edgar vs. Mike Brown
Fabricio Werdum vs. Daniel Cormier

Make it;

"Frankie Edgar vs. Urijah Faber" at 145 lbs.

Time is on Weidmans side not Silva's. don't know why they would want to wait so long.

Weidman could fight Vitor in between if he wants to stay active.

Easily enough time.
I suppose a Vitor-Weidman in the meantime?

I doubt they'll even give Chris that option, Dana doesn't want to jeopardize the rematch.

Last edited:
I figured as much. The timing makes sense since the next 5 ppvs are already scheduled and booked. They wouldn't make it a co-main, (which it would be at 165 or 166), and the December card is main evented by TUF coaches. January is the best option for both Weidman and Anderson.

Prudential Center is already booked that weekend according to someone at the post fight scrum with Dana.

they need to have it in Vegas...its a tradition.

Already booked by Zuffa.

See the thread I linked to above.

Yeah i think it would be hilarious for Weidman to strongarm Silva into waiting a year or so... and who could blame him?

Good we get to see what happens when Silva is not "clowning". Weidman gets the sub.

I am not so sure this is the worst loss of his career. I have not seen his first decision loss to some brazilian, but the okami loss was as valid as Jones' loss to Hammil. Those two submissions were freakish from japanese guys that would seem to be outmatched.

Weidman was a legitimate threat, Silva just clowned and got caught.

Back