Rep. Nunes met with Trump surveillance source on White House grounds. Update with new info

Because she was going to tell the inquiry when she told the WH about Flynn - and very likely Trump knew about it for weeks and didn't give a shit until it leaked. The whole idea about Flynn lying to Pence was more to cover for Pence lying to the media/Americans about it.

WH tried to block her - Yates, though her Lawyer, said - Nope, I'm allowed to talk. So then Nunes cancelled the hearing.

So once again Nunes is doing the bidding of the WH over his supposed non-partisan role as Intelligence oversight.

Nunes is Trumps gimp. Can't be a good look to his constituents Him canceling the hearings shows how much the wh is afraid of Yates testifying. Hope nunes loses his seat over this.

WH is denying they interfered with her testifying - so she sent the letter to the WH Chief Council for what reason? One would assume she'd have correspondence from the WH on the matter - or is that not allowed to be divuldged under "executive privilege" as well?

Or they tried to prevent her, but she disagreed - and that was the end of it on their end. And they're simply claiming they had nothing to so with the hearings being cancelled...

Are they right though? When hearings resume, is she going to be blocked or not? Unless she's assassinated in between now and then, I don't think the spin has much merit.
I guess we all have to tune in to find out. One would believe Yates would have letters from McGahn (Chief WH Counsel) given her lawyer fired off a letter back in response. How did the WaPo get the letter - obviously Yates or her lawyer showed it to them.

I think there could be weasel words here where they didn't prevent her from testifying, but were just going to prevent her from talking about certain things while testifying.

I wasn't alive for Watergate but uhh does this resemble that to those that were alive? Obviously we're not that far down the road on it yet but more and more shit is piling up it seems with more and more working in connection to cover up

so this guy is taking over if Nunes recuses himself

"I wish senator Schumer and some of the democrats would be more interested in the authenticity and reliability of the underlying data and not the means by which it was acquired."
- Trey Gowdy

interesting quote from him considering all he seemed to care about during the hearing was how the intelligence was acquired

so this guy is taking over if Nunes recuses himself

interesting quote from him considering all he seemed to care about during the hearing was how the intelligence was acquired

I loved him in the Harry Potter movies.

I heard he was there to check the whitehouse daily intel meeting transcripts... supposedly the whistleblower gave him exact dates to look into and you can only check the archives at the actual white house.

Also schumer publicly having a tantrum in a nyc restaurant and schiff demanding nunes recuse himself make me want to get the popcorn out.

Obamagate is real.

So it's been a week and Nunes still refuses to provide any other members of the House Intelligence Committee with the evidence he claims to have saw. We know that he got it from somebody in the Executive Branch, went to Paul Ryan with it, Ryan told him to tell the President, he told the President, and then held a Press Conference about it. But he's refusing to divulge evidence as it would give up his source - like he's allowed to do that. The protection against politicians making baseless claims is that they share information with the bi-partisan committee members - it's the natural check and balance.

Hey if you want his source revealed within the intelligence community then I expect the same demand from the ones currently committing treason by speaking to the goebbels in the msm...

Hey if you want his source revealed within the intelligence community then I expect the same demand from the ones currently committing treason by speaking to the goebbels in the msm...

Press have that protection. Sitting congressman does not.

This guy might as well be related to trump

Asked by a Fox News reporter whether he would inform the other committee members about who gave him the reports he viewed on the White House grounds last week, Nunes said: "We will never reveal those sources and methods."
Who is the "we" he is referring to?

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said Tuesday that if Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) does not disclose the source behind his claim that the Obama administration inadvertently collected surveillance on members of President Trump's transition team, then he is unfit to chair the House Intelligence Committee.

“If he’s not willing to tell the Democrats and Republicans on the committee who he met with and what he was told, then I think he's lost his ability to lead,” Graham said on NBC’s “Today” show.

“Well I think he put his objectivity in question at the very least,” Graham added.
Graham said the House leadership should make the call whether Nunes should step down from his committee position.

“I think he has to repair the damage … but as to whether he should step down, I’ll leave that to the House leadership,” Graham said.
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/326081-graham-nunes-should-reveal-surveillance-source

Paul Ryan is being dragged into this both because Nunes ran to him and he told him to go to Trump, but now because he's protecting and defending Nunes and leaving him in the role.

"I have this top secret evidence but no one can see it or know where I got it". Yeah ok seems legit. And how about he disclose what the Trump team was saying in the communication to the foreigners being surveilled?

Trump and Spicer both have flatly stated they got it from the news.

I thought that's how Trump got his "Confidential WH Briefings" from cable news? He has the football in case Korea really steps out of line, and his TV converter.

Back