Rep. Nunes met with Trump surveillance source on White House grounds. Update with new info

So rather than doing that, to cover up a tweet rant, he has everybody associated with his administration along with himself lying about it for weeks, having congressional investigations, public hearings etc? So he instructed his Press Secretary to LIE to the Press and American People? Or did he not tell Spicer, Conway and Huckabee Sanders - essentially sending out his spokespeople without the truth? All that or he could have just claimed "My bad, I'm new at this and didn't understand the channels I'd need to go through - but here is what I know and how"?

He pulled it out of his ass. Because what Nunes is saying doesn't exhonerate him in any way - claiming Obama personally ordered Trump wiretapped doesn't equal some in my transition team might have been surveilled legally when talking to foreign agents who were under proper legal wiretaps.

is it really that surprising to you that he asked his press secretary to lie?

well that's beside the point.. what you should ask yourself is did the president really get so unhinged based on one fox report that he felt the need to accuse his predecessor of breaking the law without checking the facts first (which he could have done with one phonecall)

if true that is truly reckless behavior. personally, I think he had an ulterior motive, and we can see continued efforts by the WH to remake this story to be about anything other the ties between Trump and Russia.

Last edited:

So it's been a week and Nunes still refuses to provide any other members of the House Intelligence Committee with the evidence he claims to have saw. We know that he got it from somebody in the Executive Branch, went to Paul Ryan with it, Ryan told him to tell the President, he told the President, and then held a Press Conference about it. But he's refusing to divulge evidence as it would give up his source - like he's allowed to do that. The protection against politicians making baseless claims is that they share information with the bi-partisan committee members - it's the natural check and balance.

Mr. Nunes on Friday defended his decision to bypass Mr. Schiff and go to the White House, saying he felt a “duty” to tell Mr. Trump because of Democrats’ “relentless” political attacks.

“If we would have crossed paths in the hall, maybe I would have said something to him,” Mr. Nunes said in an interview. “But what I was trying to do was get to the president as quick as possible.”

“It’s about the politics of this,” he added. “And I just thought that it was more important for me to get to the president of the United States because Mr. Schiff was going to find out.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/27/...column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news
How can a politician who was part of the Trump Transition Team, he believes it was his political duty to run to Trump as quickly as he could due to political attacks be seen as an honest actor in his supposed role as a check and balance to the executive power when it comes to intelligence matters as Chair of the Intelligence Committee?

God damn clown fiesta

John Oliver summed it up pretty well calling it stupid watergate

"a potential scandal with all the intrigue of watergate, except everyone involved is really bad at everything"

It is an obvious witch-hunt.

I hope Republicans and sensible Democrats and 3rd party folk csn see that.

Nunes should not be forced to step down and the calls for him to are made by butt hurt delusional democrats.

It is an obvious witch-hunt.

I hope Republicans and sensible Democrats and 3rd party folk csn see that.

Nunes should not be forced to step down and the calls for him to are made by butt hurt delusional democrats.

Nunes is pretty clearly lying.

John Oliver summed it up pretty well calling it stupid watergate

"a potential scandal with all the intrigue of watergate, except everyone involved is really bad at everything"

Watergate with Downs Syndrome

Maybe with all these leaks Trump should build a dam instead of a wall.

Nothing is gonna happen, unless Pence is out of the way, i think even the most radical republicans realize the danger of an evangelical in the highest office.

Can't have an investigation if you don't investigate.

Focus should also be on Paul Ryan here as well given I believe he has power to replace Nunes as Intel Chair and given he told Nunes to go to the President with his leaked info.

Schiff claiming that Nunes is "compromised" is a joke. They're all compromised. This "investigation" is a farce.

Back