Rep. Nunes met with Trump surveillance source on White House grounds. Update with new info

Diamond Jim

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

So the day before briefing President Trump on possible surveillance of those close to him, Rep. Nunes was on the White House grounds meeting with this source of information. In no way was this disclosed prior to his comments last week.

Did you see how f'ing scared this dude was when he gave his comments?

"Proximity" Is the key word here, most people hoping the worst for Trump will ignore it as it kills their witch hunt on this issue... A minor of something much bigger.

considering how much time the Trump team spends on cooking up bullshit, they're surprisingly bad at it

There were fools here that thought Trump got his info from the news

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...-surveillance-documents-white-house/99685382/

Langer Monday declined to identify the source of the documents.

"To protect his source, the chairman has repeatedly said he will not reveal any information at all about the source,'' Langer said.

Can a politician with top secret clearance have a secret source that he keeps anonymous from other politicians with top secret clearance? And given this meeting happened on WH grounds, the person would have clearance to be in the WH themselves - so his source works inside the WH.

And another thing - the WH would have had to arrange for Nunes to be able to be allowed in through security check-point. Even congressmen can't just waltz up and get in without pre-clearance.

And if the person was inside the WH with the secret information to give to Nunes - he could have given it directly to the President to then declassify and release. So the WH wants Nunes to be the frontman here for whatever reason.

So Nunes goes to the WH to get this leaked info, then goes to Paul Ryan who tells him to go tell Trump about it, so then goes back to the WH to brief Trump after which he has his WH exterior presser (so did Trump tell him to go to the press?) all before telling anybody in his House Intelligence Committee.

And he REFUSES to divulge who his secret source is - but he's not the friggin media here, he doesn't have any protections for not doing so.

not via twitter

not without informing the IC

In the end, most classified information is not done so by law, but by executive authority, so in the end the president can do whatever the fuck he wants without the need to spin it.

In the end, most classified information is not done so by law, but by executive authority, so in the end the president can do whatever the fuck he wants without the need to spin it.

yes he can declassify what he wants

but surely there's a procedure for doing so

yes he can declassify what he wants

but surely there's a procedure for doing so
So rather than doing that, to cover up a tweet rant, he has everybody associated with his administration along with himself lying about it for weeks, having congressional investigations, public hearings etc? So he instructed his Press Secretary to LIE to the Press and American People? Or did he not tell Spicer, Conway and Huckabee Sanders - essentially sending out his spokespeople without the truth? All that or he could have just claimed "My bad, I'm new at this and didn't understand the channels I'd need to go through - but here is what I know and how"?

He pulled it out of his ass. Because what Nunes is saying doesn't exhonerate him in any way - claiming Obama personally ordered Trump wiretapped doesn't equal some in my transition team might have been surveilled legally when talking to foreign agents who were under proper legal wiretaps.

Trump and Spicer both have flatly stated they got it from the news.
yeah I wonder where he got that line, evidently it worked for obama

he can't disclose information gleaned from his intelligence briefings or investigation, remember when this first came out within a couple days a congressman was accusing him of disclosing classified information over this very matter

And Nunes leak came two days after all of the Republicans, including Nunes, railed on the illegality of leakers compromising National Security and how it was more a focus than the actual information leaked.

So now Nunes is leaking from a secret source in the intel community he will not divulge, who leaked to him on the WH property, though not IN the WH.

Back