Relationship Drama: Just had fight with GF, what do I do? Update Post 185

Holy shit. If there's ever been a fight over something more stupid, I haven't heard of it. She's going off the rails, ts, don't let her drag you with her.
If she gets you to go crawling back to her after this, she'll own you. If anyone needs to apologize, it's her.

Last edited:
You seem like a good guy, Brampton, but you need to be a little stronger and stand up for yourself if you want to continue dating western women. Personally, I gave up on that 20 years ago, and would rather play with a cute little kitty than wrestle a bear, on a daily basis.

It's a global dating environment now and the world is wide open. You're a giver, so don't waste your time with takers....just find a sweet intelligent female that has been raised to be a giver, and enjoy. Kill each other with kindness, still be macho when it matters, and reap the benefits. GL.

I'm glad we don't have these issues in Mexico with women. They would never tell me what to do lol. They can suggest but command.. gtfo

Or a 7 year old!
<TrumpWrong1>
Interesting point about the address. Are you positive this chick is on the up and up @Brampton_Boy ? Trying to think of reasons a woman would be upset that a gift from a man was showing up at her house and only 1 thing comes to mind.
Yeah, I thought the same thing. But if she does in fact have a dick, why wouldn't she have asked TS send the necklace to her PO box?

I'm glad we don't have these issues in Mexico with women. They would never tell me what to do lol. They can suggest but command.. gtfo
Exactly. No Red Pill / PUA / RooshV society trying to hold their ground with the battle of the sexes. There's none of that in Mexico or many other countries...just traditional values and conservative behavior, for the most part.

Definitely positive.

We have been dating for four months and things (for the most part) have been wonderful. By her own admission, she can be domineering and very particular in a relationship, but it hasn't really bothered me because I am generally apathetic towards most things. As long as I enjoy a person's company, I am genuinely okay with just going with the flow.

It feels like this has crossed some line in the sand for me though - I have truly tried my hardest to make things work, and she is making me feel like as though I have committed some grave sin for trying to buy her a gift. To make matters worse, she is being non communicative, so I couldn't resolve the situation even if I tried.

I don't want to shift blame exclusively on to her, but if she doesn't apologize when I talk to her, I don't think I can continue this - which really sucks, because I was really starting to see her as a person I could settle down with.
This reads like one of those making of a Batman villain flashbacks from the cartoon.

Soon you'll be blowing shit up and leaving $2 necklaces on the scene as your signature.

I remember buying a Pandora bracelet for my girlfriend's birthday one year.

My female co-workers were like "do it, they're really popular. All girls want one". So I did.

I gave it to my gf and immediately realized she'd never seen one before. She said she liked it but let's face it, it was a lame ass charm bracelet.

TS, as you can see, I have no advice for you. Sorry.

{<huh}
Of course you can't. TS bought a necklace, not a bracelet.

She's doing a guy who lives at her address or who is there alot, and is afraid her side dick is gonna find out if it's sent to there den of sin. Hence she wants it sent to the hotel. You getting played holmes.....cut her off.

When I hear guys talk I can't believe the male species is still out there in serious relationships with women.

I hear nothing but complaints 95% of the time. Now I don't mean you drop women entirely just don't date them seriously and keep everything causal.

You would think that at 32 years old, I wouldn't have to make threads like this, but I am feeling restless and the anonymity of the internet is appealing.

So I just had a big fight with the girlfriend, and I don't know what to do. This is one of those rare instances in which I genuinely don't think I did anything wrong, but I am fighting the urge to call and fix things.

Backstory:

We are planning to take a trip to Washington together, and we were going to have some things ordered and shipped to the hotel (as shopping in America is cheaper than Canada). As a gift, I purchased her a necklace on Etsy, and given the time it takes to craft, I wasn't certain it would be ready in time for the trip.

She told me that her preference was to have the necklace shipped to the hotel to avoid customs/shipping charges to Canada, but in the instructions to the seller, I said that I wanted the necklace either way, and was willing to pay extra in the event it wouldn't be ready in time. Keep in mind that this is my money that I am spending as a gift to her.

When I told her about my instructions to the seller, she said I didn't listen to her, and shouldn't have given the seller the latitude to change the shipping date. When I told her she didn't explicitly say that she didn't want the necklace in the event it couldn't be shipped to the hotel, she said that she shouldn't have to tell me, and that I was inconveniencing her by potentially having the necklace shipped to her address. She then says that I didn't have permission to give the seller her address, and that I should have asked permission to share her personal info.

I was genuinely flabbergasted - I was trying to be extra accommodating by having the necklace being delivered either way, and it felt like I was being attacked. She started crying and saying that she didn't want the necklace or even to go on the trip, and basically hung up on me.

I am sort of sitting here wondering what the fuck happened. While she is very emotional, the relationship to this point has generally been pretty great. We are intellectually compatible, and enjoy each other's company, but it feels like this is insanely unreasonable and a huge red flag for moving forward.

What do I do Mayberry?

Cliffs:
-TS is an idiot and feels like he is a doormat.

You're not going to want to hear this, but she's cheating on you and you need to drop her.

Only explanation for her being such a bitch about a GIFT and starting a fight out of thin air.

When a woman starts a fight about something like a gift being given to her when someone didn't have to, and using any stupid reason to create conflict - they are trying to manufacture a probe because they already have their whore hands on another branch, ready to swing.

My mother gave me sound advice when I was a teenager. Here it is.

"A woman has 3 chances at crying. After that it's all make believe and they're using it against you because you're weak and are easily duped by tears."

"If it isn't some end of the world issue the tears are just a weapon she uses against you and she has you wrapped around her finger"

My mom is one smart cookie

o
My mother gave me sound advice when I was a teenager. Here it is.

"A woman has 3 chances at crying. After that it's all make believe and they're using it against you because you're weak and are easily duped by tears."

"If it isn't some end of the world issue the tears are just a weapon she uses against you and she has you wrapped around her finger"

My mom is one smart cookie

I honestly believe that some girls just don't know they're being biatches. Your mom is lucky that she is self aware, yet self awareness is the deadliest tool you can give someone who can't feel remorse. Haha

She's actually 9.5 years older than me.

I would like to think I am pretty easy going in a relationship and don't mind giving in for the sake of peace, but this strikes me as unreasonable. It feels like I am being punished for trying to make a nice gesture - obviously there are two sides to every story, but I'm just not seeing her side of things (and she isn't giving me the chance to)

i hate to say but i gotta say, i dont think she'd try this with a man 9.5 years older than her.

o

I honestly believe that some girls just don't know they're being biatches. Your mom is lucky that she is self aware, yet self awareness is the deadliest tool you can give someone who can't feel remorse. Haha

My mom happened to be spot on about her advice. A woman who cries every time you hit a small bump in the road is using your feelings for her against you.

What grown ass woman cries all the time. People who are taking advantage of you. That's who.

Last edited:
Pfft, Bramptonians...

The way we handle situations like these in Scarborough is to not buy gifts for other people.

Cant buy em if you cant afford em

<seedat>

{<redford}<GinJuice>

Definitely positive.

We have been dating for four months and things (for the most part) have been wonderful. By her own admission, she can be domineering and very particular in a relationship, but it hasn't really bothered me because I am generally apathetic towards most things. As long as I enjoy a person's company, I am genuinely okay with just going with the flow.

It feels like this has crossed some line in the sand for me though - I have truly tried my hardest to make things work, and she is making me feel like as though I have committed some grave sin for trying to buy her a gift. To make matters worse, she is being non communicative, so I couldn't resolve the situation even if I tried.

I don't want to shift blame exclusively on to her, but if she doesn't apologize when I talk to her, I don't think I can continue this - which really sucks, because I was really starting to see her as a person I could settle down with.
I think you've just discovered why she hasn't already settled down and married by now.

Any woman passed the age of 40 that hasn't been married yet = keep your distance.

It's one thing if she was married, and then divorced. Things happen. But if she's never been married passed 40? Abort mission!

Drugs, alcoholism, some kind of mental problem triggered by the pressure of going on a trip, bad sex with her other bf. Whatever it is, run for the hills while you can.

Back