Relationship Drama: Just had fight with GF, what do I do? Update Post 185

She started crying and saying that she didn't want the necklace or even to go on the trip, and basically hung up on me.
Sounds like she's cheating on you tbh. She's using this as an excuse to avoid her own guilt. You should probably go buy a case and a screen protector for your incoming iPad you're about to receive. Apple Bless.

Can't tell me you wouldn't be all over this

21ed9c110952a9a521fea1cc25648912.jpg

Get the hell away from this broad. She either has some kind of drama with another guy at this address, or she's just an emotional wreck, but either way you should get out while the getting's good. Not to mention the fact that she's already 40, jeez. Call it the Macron effect I guess. But my advice is to break up with her and look for someone closer to your own age and less crazy.

You would think that at 32 years old, I wouldn't have to make threads like this, but I am feeling restless and the anonymity of the internet is appealing.

So I just had a big fight with the girlfriend, and I don't know what to do. This is one of those rare instances in which I genuinely don't think I did anything wrong, but I am fighting the urge to call and fix things.

Backstory:

We are planning to take a trip to Washington together, and we were going to have some things ordered and shipped to the hotel (as shopping in America is cheaper than Canada). As a gift, I purchased her a necklace on Etsy, and given the time it takes to craft, I wasn't certain it would be ready in time for the trip.

She told me that her preference was to have the necklace shipped to the hotel to avoid customs/shipping charges to Canada, but in the instructions to the seller, I said that I wanted the necklace either way, and was willing to pay extra in the event it wouldn't be ready in time. Keep in mind that this is my money that I am spending as a gift to her.

When I told her about my instructions to the seller, she said I didn't listen to her, and shouldn't have given the seller the latitude to change the shipping date. When I told her she didn't explicitly say that she didn't want the necklace in the event it couldn't be shipped to the hotel, she said that she shouldn't have to tell me, and that I was inconveniencing her by potentially having the necklace shipped to her address. She then says that I didn't have permission to give the seller her address, and that I should have asked permission to share her personal info.

I was genuinely flabbergasted - I was trying to be extra accommodating by having the necklace being delivered either way, and it felt like I was being attacked. She started crying and saying that she didn't want the necklace or even to go on the trip, and basically hung up on me.

I am sort of sitting here wondering what the fuck happened. While she is very emotional, the relationship to this point has generally been pretty great. We are intellectually compatible, and enjoy each other's company, but it feels like this is insanely unreasonable and a huge red flag for moving forward.

What do I do Mayberry?

Cliffs:
-TS is an idiot and feels like he is a doormat.

Steal her weed. That always works for you.

4 months?

The crazy doesn't normally come out until 6 months.

Only 4 months together? Huge red flag and I'd drop her like a bad habit. I've broken up longer relationships for less. I get ruthless with my words when my buttons get pushed so I'm always crystal clear in relationships that I don't want to have big huge arguments and shouting and all that dumb overly dramatic shit. Talk to me like an adult and have a conversation instead of raising your voice at me. Bitches are crazy so they almost never listen to that. One did but she was depressed all the time so I guess she didn't have the energy, lol.

I'm probably going to die alone.
I left a wife over that shit

You would think that at 32 years old, I wouldn't have to make threads like this, but I am feeling restless and the anonymity of the internet is appealing.

So I just had a big fight with the girlfriend, and I don't know what to do. This is one of those rare instances in which I genuinely don't think I did anything wrong, but I am fighting the urge to call and fix things.

Backstory:

We are planning to take a trip to Washington together, and we were going to have some things ordered and shipped to the hotel (as shopping in America is cheaper than Canada). As a gift, I purchased her a necklace on Etsy, and given the time it takes to craft, I wasn't certain it would be ready in time for the trip.

She told me that her preference was to have the necklace shipped to the hotel to avoid customs/shipping charges to Canada, but in the instructions to the seller, I said that I wanted the necklace either way, and was willing to pay extra in the event it wouldn't be ready in time. Keep in mind that this is my money that I am spending as a gift to her.

When I told her about my instructions to the seller, she said I didn't listen to her, and shouldn't have given the seller the latitude to change the shipping date. When I told her she didn't explicitly say that she didn't want the necklace in the event it couldn't be shipped to the hotel, she said that she shouldn't have to tell me, and that I was inconveniencing her by potentially having the necklace shipped to her address. She then says that I didn't have permission to give the seller her address, and that I should have asked permission to share her personal info.

I was genuinely flabbergasted - I was trying to be extra accommodating by having the necklace being delivered either way, and it felt like I was being attacked. She started crying and saying that she didn't want the necklace or even to go on the trip, and basically hung up on me.

I am sort of sitting here wondering what the fuck happened. While she is very emotional, the relationship to this point has generally been pretty great. We are intellectually compatible, and enjoy each other's company, but it feels like this is insanely unreasonable and a huge red flag for moving forward.

What do I do Mayberry?

Cliffs:

Could it have simply been a bad day? Perhaps other things were sitting there and you received the force of it all?
I tend to be someone who smooths things over rather than escalates with this kind of shit.
I'd apologize for whatever she's agitated at, while explaining my reasons. If kindly delivered reason and apaologies don't work, then she's either terrible at handling stress or something else is going on.

With your user name I would have expected the jab to be a setup for the rear naked poke. But no. You're a wily one, aint ya?
Despite my screen name - my introduction to martial arts was with boxing and kickboxing when I was younger. Started BJJ years later and still train but not as much nowadays.

99 problems but a bitch ain't one

I don't think its a big red flag. She's just stressed about the trip and potentially pmsing.

Sent the gift anyway. Give her space

This is crazy shit. Don't call her. If she wants gifts, she can at least learn not to punish you for giving them and then have you apologize for spending money on her and then being punished for it. If you ask me.

You can't stop a woman from acting crazy, but you do have control over whether you reward it with apologies.

This here. Your girlfriend is acting like a child, so treat her as such. If your story is true, that's absurd behavior. She sounds entitled, condescending and entirely unpleasant. Ignore her until she comes to you and then inform her that you don't appreciate being spoken to as though you're a moron, and that you aren't going to sit around to tolerate that sort or bullshit. Healthy, nurturing couples don't get into mean tempered arguments over such absurdity.

What do I do Mayberry?

Cliffs:

women kick off and get crazy when they 1. have another guy lined up or are smashing (projecting) 2. Want to be single (ie Skiing down cawk mountain). Female logic.

At 32, you can be running through a series of pussy, GOAT TINDER ROAD WARRIOR STYLES. Being house broken, children, marriage with panders to female logic, and more stupidity.

TS, you are doing it all wrong brah.

New girls are turning 18 everyday. Step your game up kuz.

The only thing I could think of is she really wanted that necklace.

I don't think its a big red flag. She's just stressed about the trip and potentially pmsing.

Sent the gift anyway. Give her space

Fuck that. Blow her off. You sound like a serious cuck.

I'm joking. But I do maintain, she sounds insane and I wouldn't tolerate that sort of abuse for a second. Berate the guy because he was sending her a gift? Piss off, ya wanka.

A red flag? It's a fight, things get irrational and emotional by definition. I'm sure you also contributed to escalating. She's probably having a bad day, not every little thing means something. If you can't handle one fight, you're not going to make it in a long term relationship.

Women are fucking kittens with one man and cunts with the next. She spreads her legs for the alpha. She extracts resources from the beta to raise her bastard children.

This is obviously a red flag and 32, wtf is TS doing? Thank 6lbs 8 ounce baby Jesus he is not married like most cucks.

Back