Relationship Drama: Just had fight with GF, what do I do? Update Post 185

She sounds crazy. I never understand people who didn't immediately get out of relationships like this.

A red flag? It's a fight, things get irrational and emotional by definition. I'm sure you also contributed to escalating. She's probably having a bad day, not every little thing means something. If you can't handle one fight, you're not going to make it in a long term relationship.

The devil is in the details though and not all fights are created equally, just seems like quite an irrational/ odd thing to blow up at . Such a display early in a relationship would definitely make me go " mmmmmm" .

Shit like this is why you shouldn't trust a woman with nuclear codes

Shouldn't have told her about the necklace and just surprised her when you got back

She also sounds like a bitch (no offense)

She's actually 9.5 years older than me.

I would like to think I am pretty easy going in a relationship and don't mind giving in for the sake of peace, but this strikes me as unreasonable. It feels like I am being punished for trying to make a nice gesture - obviously there are two sides to every story, but I'm just not seeing her side of things (and she isn't giving me the chance to)

Probably should have had it shipped to your address. Why are you dating a fossil? I just hope you get the Ipad!

{<huh}

"that I was inconveniencing her by potentially having the necklace shipped to her address. She then says that I didn't have permission to give the seller her address, and that I should have asked permission to share her personal info."

This right here strikes me as quite peculiar, and the crux of the argument. You've been to her house, right? Lol.

Something to keep in mind is that if she's in her early 40s you could be in for a hell of a ride in the guise of menopause. Some women start earlier than others.

Personally, I would wait to call her, but I have fuckthis-itis when it comes to catching grief unreservedly.

Well, I feel like complete shit and will probably have a hard time sleeping.

What sucks is that I don't know how to move forward from this - while I suppose in the grand scheme of things, this may end up being a small fight, I can't fathom her response. I feel so disrespected.

This seems like a crazy thing to get that upset about. Definitely a red flag. If she'll flip out and act irrationally over nothing, that's typically not a one time thing.

{<huh}

"that I was inconveniencing her by potentially having the necklace shipped to her address. She then says that I didn't have permission to give the seller her address, and that I should have asked permission to share her personal info."

This right here strikes me as quite peculiar, and the crux of the argument. You've been to her house, right? Lol.

Something to keep in mind is that if she's in her early 40s you could be in for a hell of a ride in the guise of menopause. Some women start earlier than others.

Personally, I would wait to call her, but I have fuckthis-itis when it comes to catching grief unreservedly.

Interesting point about the address. Are you positive this chick is on the up and up @Brampton_Boy ? Trying to think of reasons a woman would be upset that a gift from a man was showing up at her house and only 1 thing comes to mind.

She's actually 9.5 years older than me.

I would like to think I am pretty easy going in a relationship and don't mind giving in for the sake of peace, but this strikes me as unreasonable. It feels like I am being punished for trying to make a nice gesture - obviously there are two sides to every story, but I'm just not seeing her side of things (and she isn't giving me the chance to)

She's 41/42 and acting like that?

<{hfved}>

What sucks is that I don't know how to move forward from this - while I suppose in the grand scheme of things, this may end up being a small fight, I can't fathom her response. I feel so disrespected.

Get ahold of yourself! Are you a male of the human species? This shit is first world problems, and bitches are cray.

You stop worrying about that shit and do work. She needs to apologize to you, or she can gtfo. You sound desperate breh.

<codychoke>

It sounds like she's trying to find a way out of the relationship and using this to start a fight is the easiest way for her to do it.

Anger makes people feel powerful and allows them to say/do things they wouldn't have the courage to say/do otherwise

TS are you sure she's not married or in another relationship ??

Well, from reading your posts over the years I gather you're a thoughtful, empathetic type of guy. And that's a good thing. However, feeling bad, or guilty, due to someone elses burdens won't help you. Or her. We can't help you solve your puzzle, or make you feel better, but from what you wrote it's clear this isn't on you.

In my next installment - bichez b crazy.

If my wife acted like this, it would be over. Even after 13 years of marriage.

Then again, if she was prone to act like this, she wouldn't be my wife.

I think you should explain how you felt about her reaction and then see how she reacts. If she is absolutely unwilling to have an adult conversation without getting hysterical, you already know what you must do.

Back