Relationship Drama: Just had fight with GF, what do I do? Update Post 185

Brampton_Boy

Douchey Mc Douche
@red
Reaction score
You would think that at 32 years old, I wouldn't have to make threads like this, but I am feeling restless and the anonymity of the internet is appealing.

So I just had a big fight with the girlfriend, and I don't know what to do. This is one of those rare instances in which I genuinely don't think I did anything wrong, but I am fighting the urge to call and fix things.

Backstory:

We are planning to take a trip to Washington together, and we were going to have some things ordered and shipped to the hotel (as shopping in America is cheaper than Canada). As a gift, I purchased her a necklace on Etsy, and given the time it takes to craft, I wasn't certain it would be ready in time for the trip.

She told me that her preference was to have the necklace shipped to the hotel to avoid customs/shipping charges to Canada, but in the instructions to the seller, I said that I wanted the necklace either way, and was willing to pay extra in the event it wouldn't be ready in time. Keep in mind that this is my money that I am spending as a gift to her.

When I told her about my instructions to the seller, she said I didn't listen to her, and shouldn't have given the seller the latitude to change the shipping date. When I told her she didn't explicitly say that she didn't want the necklace in the event it couldn't be shipped to the hotel, she said that she shouldn't have to tell me, and that I was inconveniencing her by potentially having the necklace shipped to her address. She then says that I didn't have permission to give the seller her address, and that I should have asked permission to share her personal info.

I was genuinely flabbergasted - I was trying to be extra accommodating by having the necklace being delivered either way, and it felt like I was being attacked. She started crying and saying that she didn't want the necklace or even to go on the trip, and basically hung up on me.

I am sort of sitting here wondering what the fuck happened. While she is very emotional, the relationship to this point has generally been pretty great. We are intellectually compatible, and enjoy each other's company, but it feels like this is insanely unreasonable and a huge red flag for moving forward.

What do I do Mayberry?

Cliffs:
-TS is an idiot and feels like he is a doormat.

Is this your first girlfriend? Cuz if not you should know that bitches be crazy.

This is crazy shit. Don't call her. If she wants gifts, she can at least learn not to punish you for giving them and then have you apologize for spending money on her and then being punished for it. If you ask me.

You can't stop a woman from acting crazy, but you do have control over whether you reward it with apologies.

Sounds like a winner, TS

Does she have a sister for me?

Pfft, Bramptonians...

The way we handle situations like these in Scarborough is to not buy gifts for other people.

How I always feel about these threads...

1159693_o.gif

TS, I can sympathize. I'm also a 32 year old Canadian. I've been with my wife 11 years. As they say, bishezs be crazy.

That being said, your girl sounds like a bit of a retard. She didn't want the seller from Etsy to have her address? Does she not order stuff online?

Is she close in age to you? Because if so, that is very sad and petty. I say save your money on the trip and re-gift the necklace if GF's going to be a child.

Make a thread on sherdog asking a bunch of basement dwelling neck beards for relationship advice.

Very much a red flag? How long have you been dating ?

Probably not a deal breaker as MAYBE there is an extenuating circumstance , definitely a strike though.

Irrational/ Moody isn't something that generally gets better with time and familiarity.

You did nothing wrong.

If it was my wife, I'd say honey this is not like you. Are you ok? What is going on?

Is she close in age to you? Because if so, that is very sad and petty. I say save your money on the trip and re-gift the necklace if GF's going to be a child.

She's actually 9.5 years older than me.

I would like to think I am pretty easy going in a relationship and don't mind giving in for the sake of peace, but this strikes me as unreasonable. It feels like I am being punished for trying to make a nice gesture - obviously there are two sides to every story, but I'm just not seeing her side of things (and she isn't giving me the chance to)

Ok I'm just make this simple. You & your girl should be thankful something so petty can cause a fight because you obviously don't have real life problems. Neither of you should stress or get upset over something so small.

If you want to know what real life problems are, I can put things into perspective for you. Trust me, your life is fine & not worth sweating the small stuff

A red flag? It's a fight, things get irrational and emotional by definition. I'm sure you also contributed to escalating. She's probably having a bad day, not every little thing means something. If you can't handle one fight, you're not going to make it in a long term relationship.

Pretend to have make up sex, but transition to a diff game plan. Proceed to toss her around and dominate her while avoiding the uppercutz.

Back