Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

They can also bring in past prime fighters who used to hold titles like Amnat for Tenshin to knock out.
I mean the Japanese are going crazy whenever the highlight of Tenshin knocking out
"world boxing champion" with "punch" is shown. And I would say that Tenshin is charismatic enough
to sell many more low level fights in both Rizin and Knockout.

Tenshin is now fighting at 125 pound, so that would be flyweight in mma and featherweight in
muay thai/kickboxing. He is actually now near the actual "stacked division" in muay thai (Super featherweight) with fighters who fight for more than 100,000 baht purse. (The line drawn between elite and good champions like Wanchalong).
Plenty of exciting match up in kickboxing if Tenshin chooses to continue moving up weight.

They could make him fight Panomrunglek at 125 lbs

While I was scouring through some old amateur boxing results I made, what I take to be, an interesting discovery. It seems like Hiromi Amada represented Japan in some international boxing tournament's in the early to mid 90's at 75kgs. It could be a different guy but it more or less coheres with some of the other information I've read about him: his age and being All Japan Boxing Champion in 1996.

While I was scouring through some old amateur boxing results I made, what I take to be, an interesting discovery. It seems like Hiromi Amada represented Japan in some international boxing tournament's in the early to mid 90's at 75kgs. It could be a different guy but it more or less coheres with some of the other information I've read about him: his age and being All Japan Boxing Champion in 1996.

Man blast from the past.
Amada was 86-16 in amateur boxing. He was a Inter-High champion as well.

I think he's technically still an active fighter. Must be over 40 now.

Man blast from the past.
Amada was 86-16 in amateur boxing. He was a Inter-High champion as well.

I think he's technically still an active fighter. Must be over 40 now.
His wiki had him fighting as recently as 2015. He's 43 or 44 I think. Can't imagine his brain is in the best state at this point, he was K1's designated punching bag.

His wiki had him fighting as recently as 2015. He's 43 or 44 I think. Can't imagine his brain is in the best state at this point, he was K1's designated punching bag.

His most recent fight was for TITAN NEOS back in September of 2016. One last side fact on him, he's been blogging fairly openly about backstage stuff in the glory days of K-1. Apparently back in Kancho Ishii's day, he was getting $100K per night and in addition Kancho was giving him multiple-grand "allowances" on a weekly basis.

Of course, prob best not to dwell on how Kancho was getting that money.

In place of @Karaev fan, the April 22nd K-1 Japan SuperBantam Tournament card thus far:

Tourney:
Ishida Keisuke vs Charles Bongiovanni
Takei Yoshiki vs Antonio Orden
Terado Nobuchika vs Jamie Whelan
Kubo Kenji vs Leung Pakyu

Reserve fight:
Izawa Namito vs Suzuki Yuya

Superfights:
Takeru vs Victor Saravia
Hiroya vs Yamato Tetsuya

Super Lightweight Title Fight
Kaew Weerasakreck vs Yamazaki Hideaki

This is going down tomorrow with two small changes. Suen Tak Chuen replaces Leung Pakyu in the tournament. Also a SF will go down between Koichi Pettas and K-Jee

My predictions
- Ishida beats Bongiovanni, Takei beats Orden, Whelan beats Terado, Chuen beats Kubo
- Final will be Takei vs. Whelan and I guess I'll go with Whelan based on experience and size advantage
- SFs: HIROYA beats Yamato and both champions win

Also, new poster for the June event is up. This one features the title fight between Wei Rui and Gonnapar Weerasakrek

1492695352_1sp.jpg

Just realised Wei Rui looks like Eddie Peng. handsome bastard.

Gotta love K-1 and their stupid clinching rule, breaking actions every 10 seconds

Takei vs Antonio Olden (The Spanish) has to be the worst reffed K-1 fight I have seen this year by far.
Takei kept rabbit punching the Spanish but got no warning and got rewarded with a knockdown without really scoring
a clean shot. Meanwhile, Antonio kept getting warned for even slightest infraction (suck to be a muay thai guy in this organization).

Who da faq is that Japanese referee? Dude should go work for Yi Long in China.

Takei vs Antonio Olden (The Spanish) has to be the worst reffed K-1 fight I have seen this year by far.
Takei kept rabbit punching the Spanish but got no warning and got rewarded with a knockdown without really scoring
a clean shot. Meanwhile, Antonio kept getting warned for even slightest infraction (suck to be a muay thai guy in this organization).

Who da faq is that Japanese referee? Dude should go work for Yi Long in China.

The elbow was egregious, but neither of those were KDs.

I think Whelan decapitates Terado soon.

Will this become all Japanese semi-final?
I can't imagine Kubo Kenji wins. He was a fantastic talent, but its been years since his last kickboxing fight.

Btw, if he looks familiar its because he's the brother of Kubo Yuta.

Back