Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

All Japanese semi-final it is. Watching this tournament after the last one is pretty hard, the level of fighters is so different. Hopefully K-1 will start importing higher level fighters in the 55 kg division.

Hiroya fight IQ strikes again...Nice KO by Yamato.

If Kaew wins today, K-1 can just match them up.

Backspin kick into da nuts. Most brutal strike of the night.

Saravia was doing fine until he got dragged into showboating contest/brawl with Takeru.

Takeru got a bloody big heart for coming back from getting kicked in the nuts to kayo Saravia.

Kaew won a clear decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
Takei is the first K-1 S. BW champ.

Strange reffing all night, is that usually the case with K1 events? Seemed like both Whelan and Orden got the short end of the stick there.

Regardless, Kubo was awesome, is he well-known? Crisp, heavy boxing, loved those body shots he threw.

Kaew is not getting pushed in K1. He should be in Glory. May not be as many 145pounders but its quality over quantity. Fighters like Roosmalen, Petpanomrung, Dylan Salvador (if he moves down like he said) and even the couple fighters Pet fought in his last tournament are just better than most of the 145pounders in K1. That's why I dont have Kaew as P4P king yet. Yes he's stayed undefeated but his competition has mostly been weak. Just look how hesitant his opponent is, how he's not pushing forward and gives Kaew too much time to find his rhythm. Glory should replace Kaew with Saenchai and bring in Qiu Jianliang or K1 should sign some better fighter. Either ways fine with me:

Weren't there rumours that QJL might have a fight in K1? I think Kaew would handle him fairly comfortably given that QJL is a bit reckless with his boxing and defence, he has also shown some vulnerability to a strong left roundhouse kick.

Salvador and Adamchuk have both fought against japanese fighters in K1 and didn't look great. I don't think they should be underestimated. Noiri and Kubo did well in glory, Kubo beat Gabriel Varga fairly convincingly. I agree that he hasn't fought Sittichai's level of competition though.

Last edited:
Gotta give dues to Takeru. First time I saw a guy vomiting in a ring and coming back to sleep his opponent
I hope the Kickfighting media blows this up. Gonna be so much butthurt from a select group of posters.

Or about Yodpayak being KO'd by that russian guy. Lumpinee champ anf Sitsongpeenong fighter knocked out! Impossible

Back