Recent fights/results/news from Japan II | Page 51

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by Shadess, Apr 24, 2016.

1. tru3f4n Brown Belt

tru3f4n
    maybe you could go and ask them to change it for us.

2. Yodsanan มวยไทย

Yodsanan
  3. Yodsanan มวยไทย

Yodsanan
  4. DastardlyMass Brown Belt

DastardlyMass
    Rena is fighting a 7-1 hungarian and the karate prodigy who borrowed a mongkol for a kickboxing bout is facing a 0-0 italian according to this site on the rizin show sunday in japan

5. jtwarwagon4life Blue Belt

jtwarwagon4life
    Wouldn't be surprised if the guy actually had a losing record, as a kickboxer.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    DastardlyMass likes this.
  6. AbeRudder Blue Belt

AbeRudder
  7. Kanka Brown Belt

Kanka
  8. Kanka Brown Belt

Kanka
    oh i didn't know it was already posted

9. UWanaPlayDaGame Green Belt

UWanaPlayDaGame
    I was hoping for a better fight but Umeno must be really annoying to fight against. it's cool how Rotlek turned it up in the fourth though and took over the fight.

Umeno is great for a farang but his boxing is so ugly - when he "unloads" with punching combos he looks like a gym noob - incredibly, one of his fights where he looked the best to me (haven't seen that many) was when he got KOed by Yoklekpet.

KNOCKOUT rules/pace is how kickboxing should be IMO. the environment/scoring ensures it's different from muay thai and the ref seemed to allow a nice blend of active clinching while still breaking it up much quicker than stadium muay thai.

muay thai is the pinnacle and it is what it is - if I wanna see a quicker pace and more striking at range, this "japanese kickboxing" or whatever it is looks better than K-1 style IMO which is turning into endless combo exchanges where nothing lands + clinch stalling.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    mr.clean, hitman97 and Kanka like this.
  10. AbeRudder Blue Belt

AbeRudder
    Funny you say that because I actually think Genji is one of the more aestheticly pleasing foreigners to watch, Yusef is the one I find to be a bit clunky. Though I agree that Genji's performance against Rotlek wasn't great and his punches seemed a bit more laboured than usual.

11. ichibang Brown Belt

ichibang
    Tenshin did what he was expected to do: annihilated a no-name opponent brought in to make him
    look good. (Kind of the theme of this Rizin event). I hope they got someone with a few wins in mma
    to fight him soon, but I doubt they would risk their potential biggest star losing. (Which is a pity,
    consider that Tenshin built his resume by beating high level opponents in his kickboxing career).

12. jtwarwagon4life Blue Belt

jtwarwagon4life
    In case you didn't know:

13. Karaev fan Brown Belt

Karaev fan
    Lol. Tenshin is so 2016.

The teenage hype of the week is Takei Yoshiki (nvm he turned 20), Fukuda Kaito (nvm he lost), Anpo Riku.

Takada just said in the presser that he doesn't intend on letting Tenshin do KB rules in RIZIN (despite his repeated appeals) or matching him up with a high level MMA guy (e.g. Horiguchi) within the next few years.

Its sort of why his whole situation is infuriating. He has no real kickboxing opponents in RISE/KNOCK OUT (besides Ogasawara maybe) and he has far too much promotional appeal behind him for RIZIN to risk him losing. Should just make the promotional cut and go to K-1 to face Takeru or Takei or Taiga.

14. AbeRudder Blue Belt

AbeRudder
    Is Rizin moving away from doing kickboxing fights? I would have liked to have seen Horiguchi fight against some of K1's 125lb guys, I think that's more interesting than him crushing all the local competition in MMA.

Is it likely that knock out would get more thais for Tenshin or are they gonna feed him more Amnat type fights? They don't seem to hold back on Genji.

UWanaPlayDaGame likes this.
  15. Karaev fan Brown Belt

Karaev fan
    Takada's quote is

And while RIZIN has had good relations with K-1 in the past and profiled K-1 events on its TV slot, its been a while since K-1 sent fighters over to RIZIN. Given that K-1 is ramping up and may be getting a major TV deal soon, they may be becoming more competitive with each other.

RIZIN's also not doing a FLW grandprix apparently. They're doing a bantamweight GP (61kg) and forcing Horiguchi to go up to that weight. So its a bit big for Tenshin.

I sorta doubt they will set him up with legit Thai competition at this point. Tenshin is pulling for that entire organization at the moment and I doubt they want to risk his aura of hype. Apparently their last show w/o Tenshin was nearly empty (partially due to their policy of not paying their fighters in tickets).

I may be cynical here, but I think they just matched him up with Wanchalong to put enough shine on his record. Now they're satisfied with having a veneer of legitimacy and will probably continue on to put on showcases.

You don't really know what the end game is at this point. There's maybe 1 other Japanese kickboxer outside of K-1/Krush Tenshin might fight who's a decent match. Besides that, it'll just be showcases against random foreigners and past their prime fighters. Not too different from what he's been doing in RISE.

SuperLuigi and AbeRudder like this.
  16. ichibang Brown Belt

ichibang
    They can also bring in past prime fighters who used to hold titles like Amnat for Tenshin to knock out.
    I mean the Japanese are going crazy whenever the highlight of Tenshin knocking out
    "world boxing champion" with "punch" is shown. And I would say that Tenshin is charismatic enough
    to sell many more low level fights in both Rizin and Knockout.

Tenshin is now fighting at 125 pound, so that would be flyweight in mma and featherweight in
    muay thai/kickboxing. He is actually now near the actual "stacked division" in muay thai (Super featherweight) with fighters who fight for more than 100,000 baht purse. (The line drawn between elite and good champions like Wanchalong).
    Plenty of exciting match up in kickboxing if Tenshin chooses to continue moving up weight.

17. Kanka Brown Belt

Kanka
    They could make him fight Panomrunglek at 125 lbs

18. jtwarwagon4life Blue Belt

jtwarwagon4life
    While I was scouring through some old amateur boxing results I made, what I take to be, an interesting discovery. It seems like Hiromi Amada represented Japan in some international boxing tournament's in the early to mid 90's at 75kgs. It could be a different guy but it more or less coheres with some of the other information I've read about him: his age and being All Japan Boxing Champion in 1996.

Karaev fan likes this.
  19. Karaev fan Brown Belt

Karaev fan
    Man blast from the past.
    Amada was 86-16 in amateur boxing. He was a Inter-High champion as well.

I think he's technically still an active fighter. Must be over 40 now.

20. jtwarwagon4life Blue Belt

jtwarwagon4life
    His wiki had him fighting as recently as 2015. He's 43 or 44 I think. Can't imagine his brain is in the best state at this point, he was K1's designated punching bag.