LIVE NOW: Rising Heavyweight prospect & LFA Heavyweight title challenger, Jared "The Mountain" Vanderaa stops by for a Q&A before he takes on Richard Odoms next Friday at LFA 15! Check it out: here!

Recent fights/results/news from Japan II | Page 49

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by Shadess, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Yodsanan มวยไทย

Yodsanan
    promo for the next KO event.

Kanka and UWanaPlayDaGame like this.
  2. Karaev fan Brown Belt

Karaev fan
    Sorry guys, been bogged down with RL stuff too much to be active recently.

Some cards for the K-1 Japan event in June have been released. This is their 70kg tournament to crown a new champion after Marat Grigorian was stripped. It will also be their first event outside of the Yoyogi stadium. The Saitama Super Arena where they'll be at will host 8Kish people instead of the 4-5K they're playing at now, so hopefully a ramp up in production values will follow.

70kg Tournament
    QF 1: Kido Yasuhiro vs. Jordan Watson
    QF 2: Hirono Yu vs. Sanny Dahllbeck
    QF3: Nakjima Hiroki vs. Chingiz Allazov
    QF4: Hinata vs. Jordan Pikeur

Superfight: Wei Rui vs. Gonnapar Weerasakreck

A pretty cool tournament field. Allazov is a great signing for them.

Also, first KHAOS card went down. For those unaware, these is smaller league K-1 Japan just started up with around ~1K people. The concept is that this is their experimental event focused more around prospects. This first event "KHAOS Royal" featured 8 fighters whose opponents were decided the day before via lottery. Their next event, "KHAOS TEENS" is going to be all Koshien type teenager fighters.

3. Shadess Brown Belt

Shadess
    Great stuff.

4. Mafanofe Brown Belt

Mafanofe
    it was all about time K-1 JP do another "MAX" torunament

this is gonna be amazing

5. Yodsanan มวยไทย

Yodsanan
    [​IMG]

what did I miss?

UWanaPlayDaGame and SuperLuigi like this.
  6. Kanka Brown Belt

Kanka
  7. Snubnoze707 High Level

Snubnoze707
    That's arguably threadworthy. Fun event. Showed a friend that and he was loving the action.

8. Yodsanan มวยไทย

Yodsanan
    There you go, buddy.

9. Snubnoze707 High Level

Snubnoze707
    [​IMG]

With trendy bleached blond hairstyles like that how could it NOT be interesting?

Yodsanan likes this.
  10. Yodsanan มวยไทย

Yodsanan
    we all know the main attraction.

[​IMG]

<18>

JC Komo, SuperLuigi and Snubnoze707 like this.
  11. Mafanofe Brown Belt

Mafanofe
    this is an 70kg good tournament of course,but i kinda feel it could be better(as long as it dont need to be,they are wanting to create some familiar faces with Dahlbeck and Watson in japan to grow up the interest on the K-1 japanese 70kg again)

the japanese side,the guys representing japan are all the right choices,some veterans like Kido who had appearances in the gold days K-1 Max and had opportunities against some big sharks back in the day like Sato,Kyshenko,Kraus...He is prime passed now but the guy still amazing and he is like a meme in japan,funny weird ass guy,i like him,but no way he haves chances on winning it

Kido has already fought against some names of the bracket like Dahlbeck who KOed him,he defeated Hirono Yu in 2012 Big Bang event,Holds a win over Hiroki on Krush and a loss to Hinata on Max Japan 09,so a lot of rematches can come for him if he passes watson,witch i dont believe that is going to happen

Watson and Dahlbeck are good choices,they could had found another strong guy like Allazov to put into it,but Watson and Dahlbeck already have a storyline between than and both are the nice guys and amazing people,they are always receiving positive reactions on the promotions that they fight,and now with both having more kickboxing experience,why not?

Hirono Yu(current krush champ if im not mistaken) is one of the best japanese 70kg guys of the Krush-Bigbang era,he is like more than 30s now,but he is not a bad choice for sure,i think they could have placed Yuya Yamamoto in there,he used to be one of the main nippon guys on the late K-1 Max days with his fuck off fight style and charisma,but he is also old and his career is in a big downfall,he had faced Kido and Hinata before so he could be considered if he wasnt in such a horrible loss streak...

Hiroki Nakjima is also an good point,he was one of the young guys who were supposed to be the next masato back in the days,as long as he had a good career,it obviously never materialized...He haves a cool fight style,he has also faced some names on the tournament like Dahlbeck,Kido and Hinata,witch makes everything better,i fucking love rematches,and he is also in a good moment of his career,he still 28 also.

Pikeur was expected for sure,their finalist on 2015 K-1 "max" where Marat won beating everyone down,Pikeur is the Mikes gym guy who had knocked out a lot of people on national japanese promotions and he is krush champ if im not mistaken(or at least he was some months before),he messed up Dahlbeck on the semi finals of 2015 and he will be facing in the quarter finals nothing more nothing less than...

Hinata Watanabe!!!

Hinata is the Japan big deal here IMO,he was one of the best japanese 70kg guys of the last era who never won a K-1 Max Japan tournament,hinata is a hell of a skilled southpaw kickboxer coming to this with good victories over prime passed former max champions Souwer and Kraus,and has only lost twice since his second KO loss to Ristie in 2012,to Petje and to the new big thing on 70kg Mohammed Mezouari,Hinata has fought against a lot of the elite kickboxers over the years,victories over Kido,Zambidis,Yuya yamamoto and Kyshenko just prove it,he also had fought against Petro and had a KO loss to Hiroki Nakajima by KO on the max japan 2010 semi finals,it is his opportunity to be fighting on the spotlight again.

and the favorite to win it:

Chingiz Allazov - a top 7 LW at the time but could easily grow to top 5 catching bigger fights,has only lost to two monsters of his division on his career:the boss Sitthichai and the badass Grigorian,he is skilled as fuck,is on a good win streak over some good names like Haida,Kehl brothers,Millet,Baya and some others,he is a big name on the right place to get more notoriety of the kickboxing world.

my picks:

favorite to win it:

Allazov>>>>>>>>>Hinata>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Watson

Yodsanan likes this.
  12. Cocakillbana Black Belt

Cocakillbana
    Thanks

Thoughts? Overall it's a good and diverse lineup. I can't think of anything that's missing.

Yodsanan likes this.
  13. DastardlyMass Brown Belt

DastardlyMass
    I was hoping they would bring some different foreigners in. this is very similar to the last 70 kg field and i would have like to see some different guys get a shot. If it was not for Wei Rui vs. Gonnapar Weerasakreck i would probably not even bother watching. This tournament is not any better than the 70kg toyota marathon tournament from around 6 weeks back yet i was probably the only person here to watch that one

14. Yodsanan มวยไทย

Yodsanan
    I watched it as well.

It's pretty similar, but I also didn't expected it to be much different. Every of the japanese fighters coming in with decent momentum and Allazov and Watson are good additions.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  15. Karaev fan Brown Belt

Karaev fan
    Marat Grigorian was asked to return the belt late last year. K-1 Japan claims that after winning the belt in 2015, he was offered a fight in every event they held in 2016, but Marat prioritized other events.

Granted, in his defense he accepted a match vs. Sanny Dahlbeck back in Nov 2015, only for the fight to be cancelled because of Sanny's illness. He also had a really busy 2016 and I can't really blame him not flying out to Japan for what I assume is not top-tier money.

I'm afraid Yuya Yamamoto suffered a career ending injury getting knocked out by Kotetsu in 2016 and has since retired. Very tragic. Will dig up his retirement statement if you're interested.

Mafanofe, Shadess and Snubnoze707 like this.
  16. Mafanofe Brown Belt

Mafanofe
    damn man,i lost this fight,i would really want to see info about it if you find it

i used to like him a lot in his old days,Yuya is the kind of guy that no one can dislike on this sport,inside and outside the ring

17. Snubnoze707 High Level

Snubnoze707
    Yuya was really good at being able to take continuous punishment to his face. Not going to have longevity going that route.

18. Karaev fan Brown Belt

Karaev fan
    Found the press release from Krush back in 2016.

Just a bit of context, this is from Feb. K-1 Japan got rebooted back in November 2014 and there Yuya lost, but put on a competitive fight against Kerrith Bella. He was then offered a fight on Krush vs. Kotetsu in early 2015 and the implication was that he needed to win that fight to earn a ticket to the 70kg tournament that Marat later won. Unfortunately, Yuya suffered a KO loss and he went on hiatus for a year before putting out this presser.

From Krush
    Incidentally, it seems K-1/Krush is gave him a steady job by making him one of the color commentators for Krush. Good on them.

19. Mafanofe Brown Belt

Mafanofe
    damn,shocking story

sometimes this kinds of injuries and situations happens on the sport,look to be an horrible thing on have to stop your career due health issues

thank you for this share man,i really liked Yuya in the past so i wish all the best for him in the future,i used to like him for what he used to made in the ring and for his charisma,reading his statements just make me to respect the guy even more,he is really a man of virtue

UWanaPlayDaGame likes this.
  20. Yodsanan มวยไทย

Yodsanan