Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

Time to set up a round robin of Wei Rui vs Gonnapar vs Koya Urabe

Rui is a beast! He is built like Liu Kang too. Just needs the hair.

Never.

The prelims just started on Abema. Main card in about 50 mins. As always, need a VPN to get in.

legend is, if you mention Karaev Fan three times in this thread he gets summoned. Welcome back.

Last edited:
I never want to see a 4 man tournament again. It's 8 man or its nothing.

@Broadcast what do you feel about level of this Chinese Wei Rui?

Someone needs to make a GIF of Wei Rui's intro pose ASAP!

Time to lose this ridiculous no clinch knee rule K-1.

Rui was amazing

a pity that Gonnapar wasnt able to make it to the finals,huge upset victory by ren,he was a good prospect and then he came like a killer to this event!

i was picking Gonnapar>Koya>Rui,so it wasnt really a unexpected victory of Rui IMO,Gonnapar and Koya just killed themselves in the quarter final,not counting out the credits of Ren,but it was a lot of helpful for him from when he faced Gonnapar for sure

It begs the question, how much did the leg injury effect Yamazaki? I suppose we will find out when he fights Kaew again.

He wasn"t in a top, this guy is excellent since he"s fighting in Japan.
That must make Spectu very low level then I guess since he completely schooled him...

Did you actually watch the tournament and assess the skill level of the competitors?

Any ever seen this Smaili guy fight before?
Smalli is only just a few fights pro. the 40-2 record is his amateur record. N (new), C(amateur) and B-(Semi-pro) class fights in Holland., We had him in an 8 men B-class tournament last year at our event. He won that tournement quite impressive. I hope that he will get another chance, since he has all the talent in the world.

That must make Spetcu very low level then I guess since he completely schooled him...

Did you actually watch the tournament and assess the skill level of the competitors?
Yeah, Spetcu looked very good in his match. In the third round against Wei Rui he lost clearly although he was the aggressor, I didn"t like his dosage of energy. It was his first tournament. He lost to the champion after all, not to some bum.

I think we should have made a thread for this last K-1 event. This flew way under the radar. IMO it was easily the best event from last weekend. That tournament was exciting and dramatic.

My only complaint, and no it's not the on screen graphics as I feel they resolved that, is that damn no clinch knee rule. It's so annoying watching the ref bitch and moan or even interrupt free flowing action to issue a warning. Nobody was stalling, let them fight!

I think we should have made a thread for this last K-1 event. This flew way under the radar. IMO it was easily the best event from last weekend. That tournament was exciting and dramatic.

My only complaint, and no it's not the on screen graphics as I feel they resolved that, is that damn no clinch knee rule. It's so annoying watching the ref bitch and moan or even interrupt free flowing action to issue a warning. Nobody was stalling, let them fight!
Yeah definitely. I didn't even know there was an event on that day until people started posting videos in this thread

The clinch thing wouldn't be as bad if the ref wasn't mic'd up to a echoing loudspeaker.

Genji Umeno will fight Rotlek who is coming off a win over Saeksan in the next KO event on the forst of April.

Pretty nice match up right there.

Hopefully, KO continues this style of match up instead of the ones like Amnat vs Tenshin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Genji Umeno will fight Rotlek who is coming off a win over Saeksan in the next KO event on the forst of April.

Pretty nice match up right there.

Hopefully, KO continues this style of match up instead of the ones like Amnat vs Tenshin.

great news. Rotlek was in great form against Seksan that was an awesome clinch battle. this match up is really interesting, it will probably make Rotlek the uncrowned Raja 135 champ.

BTW KO is full thai rules right?

Back