Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

Kaew is not getting pushed in K1. He should be in Glory. May not be as many 145pounders but its quality over quantity. Fighters like Roosmalen, Petpanomrung, Dylan Salvador (if he moves down like he said) and even the couple fighters Pet fought in his last tournament are just better than most of the 145pounders in K1. That's why I dont have Kaew as P4P king yet. Yes he's stayed undefeated but his competition has mostly been weak. Just look how hesitant his opponent is, how he's not pushing forward and gives Kaew too much time to find his rhythm. Glory should replace Kaew with Saenchai and bring in Qiu Jianliang or K1 should sign some better fighter. Either ways fine with me:

Kaew's competition is weak? What have you been smoking lol

In K-1, Kaew has faced a murderer row of opponents since 2014. The best competition of 145 pound/65 kg has always been in Japan thanks to the seed of the dead old K-1.
He won the legit "one day 8 man tournament" TWICE. Something those under Kunlun/Glory contract will never be able to achieve.
Not to mention that he won the first tournament in his K-1 debut.
He knocked out Yuta Kubo. The original "Glory" 65 kg champ. Kubo was a really good fighter
and the only guy who could challenge him back in the day is of course Noiri.
Kaew beat Masaaki Noiri, who has been "the man" at 63-65 kg and even had to challenge Yamato in muay thai due to lack of competition at one point.
He cruised through Yamazaki...twice.
He beat two top prospects in Glunder and Ilias (twice).
He beat Soda twice.
He knocked out Hiroya in 30 seconds.
He shut Minoru up for good.
And Kaew did all these being the smallest guy in the division.

You are saying Adamchuk and Ulyanov are better than these opponents? Just no.
Kaew might not be perfect but calling his opposition weak is ludicrous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaew made it look easy. Hopefully he fights some elite guy in China now. It would be awesome if Glory signed him and he got to fight the Glory guys but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Kaew made it look easy. Hopefully he fights some elite guy in China now. It would be awesome if Glory signed him and he got to fight the Glory guys but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Why would Glory sign him and why would he sign with Glory ;)?
Kaew got some following in Japan (about half Takeru's popularity I suppose) but that is more than
any other following he will get elsewhere in the world.
He also represents Weerasaklek gym, which is the most influential "Thai" muay thai gym/ promotion in Japan. He left Fairtex for this better deal.
He is also up there in the age as a muay thai fighter. He probably has 2-3 years left to fight in peak condition.

We live in a fractured world of kickboxing now, so I doubt any super fight will ever take place.

Or about Yodpayak being KO'd by that russian guy. Lumpinee champ anf Sitsongpeenong fighter knocked out! Impossible

Weren't some of the people who were arguing with me in a previous thread talking about how great Sitsongpeenong was because of their boxing trainers and how Sitsongpeenong was a great "kickboxing camp" because they understood the importance of boxing training for kickboxing? And yet Yodpayak is still a shit kickboxer and muay thai fighter. Wonder why that is?

Weren't some of the people who were arguing with me in a previous thread talking about how great Sitsongpeenong was because of their boxing trainers and how Sitsongpeenong was a great "kickboxing camp" because they understood the importance of boxing training for kickboxing? And yet Yodpayak is still a shit kickboxer and muay thai fighter. Wonder why that is?
Perhaps. I always said that the thais at 70 kg aren't as skilled as guys from lower weight classes and probably have lower chances of succeeding. Bang Rachan was praising Yodpayak but i think he was trolling.

I remember people mostly saying training your hands for kickboxing is important but nobody said that all fighters at Sitsongpeenong would do great.

I remember people mostly saying training your hands for kickboxing is important but nobody said that all fighters at Sitsongpeenong would do great.

And yet fighters like Yodpayak and Naruto are still have shit for hands despite having spent tons of time at "kickboxing" meccas like Sitsongpeenong and Banchamek gym. Whereas Kaew is able to ko Yuta Kubo in his first K1 outing. Are the benefits of kickboxing specific training really that great?

Why would Glory sign him and why would he sign with Glory ;)?
Kaew got some following in Japan (about half Takeru's popularity I suppose) but that is more than
any other following he will get elsewhere in the world.
He also represents Weerasaklek gym, which is the most influential "Thai" muay thai gym/ promotion in Japan. He left Fairtex for this better deal.
He is also up there in the age as a muay thai fighter. He probably has 2-3 years left to fight in peak condition.

We live in a fractured world of kickboxing now, so I doubt any super fight will ever take place.
all it would take is a little bit of cash as k1 japan does not pay very good

Ya, JayMuayThai... Who we all clown. Litterally the whole forum made fun of him for saying Thais should go to Sitsongpeenong to prepair for Kickboxing.

How would you even know what they pay?
because most of the guys who fought previously in glory said they took pay cuts to fight for k1 japan jackass. plus they have no paying tv deal and get 2500 attendance while not having major investors to cover a large payroll

Last edited:
because most of the guys who fought previously in glory said they took pay cuts to fight for k1 japan jackass. plus they have no paying tv deal and get 2500 attendance while not having major investors to cover a large payroll
That didn't really answer my question and I don't understand why you always result to name calling for no reason. Was my question offensive in some way?

That didn't really answer my question and I don't understand why you always result to name calling for no reason. Was my question offensive in some way?
I have already posted that kaew said the most he has ever been paid to fight was from winning an amateur mt tournament in thailand where he got more than 2x what k1 pays him. He won 1 million baht so that means he gets less than 15k from k1. Then there has been a couple foreigners who have said they were paid less than 10k to fight in 8 man tournaments

Funny. I feel the exact same way about you.
The difference is you are offensive and make up shit about things people never said. You give reason to take offense. I litterally just asked a simple question with zero implications.

But whatever, I'm not interested in a tangent arguement. I'm too busy celebrating the GOAT, God's son TAAAAKKKKEEERRRUUUU!!!!!!!

And yet fighters like Yodpayak and Naruto are still have shit for hands despite having spent tons of time at "kickboxing" meccas like Sitsongpeenong and Banchamek gym. Whereas Kaew is able to ko Yuta Kubo in his first K1 outing. Are the benefits of kickboxing specific training really that great?
Yeah i guess i could go to Sitsongpeenong and become a kickboxing champion.... or maybe individual skills play a big part. Pretty self-evident ridiculous to even have this discussion.

It wasn't a kickboxing fight btw

Yeah i guess i could go to Sitsongpeenong and become a kickboxing champion.... or maybe individual skills play a big part. Pretty self-evident ridiculous to even have this discussion.

he is not talking about the muayxtreme fight from yesterday but yodpayaks kb fight in china where he went astral traveling

I was the one who was arguing for the self evident position, it was everyone else who was talking about what a big deal it was that Sittichai and Petpanomrung and whoever were training with boxing trainers.

Yes it was a kickboxing bout.

it is just everyone talks about the need for boxing and going to camps like sitsongpeenong but if you actually look at the results sittichai is the only fighter they have with a winning kb record and that also includes kem

it is just everyone talks about the need for boxing and going to camps like sitsongpeenong but if you actually look at the results sittichai is the only fighter they have with a winning kb record and that also includes kem
And the fact that most thais who don't train at Sitsongpeenong still box.

Back