Rashad Evans Retires from MMA

Didn't realise until I checked that he's lost five in a row & the last three were guys he'd have beaten with ease earlier on in his career.

TUF winner, UFC champion, brutal KO over Chuck. As careers go that ain't bad but seems he's just another fighter who hung on in there too long. Although conveniently those loses started pilling up right after USDA started!

His Ultimate fighter run was one of the bet seasons. The finale against BIG brad imes is a really great, sloppy, underrated fight.

Rashad had an an excellent prime, too. Lots of top tier wins and was a champion. He deserves more respect than he gets on here. He did make a pretty hilarious face after getting KO’d against Machida, but he should be remembered for far more than that.

more wrasslers should follow him.

Weird how he fell off
Just stopped pulling the trigger.

Rashad fan, (and Jones fan) but Jones destroyed that man mentally.
He defensively shelled up in that fight and hasn't been the same fighter since.

Will always remember his fights on the ultimate fighter. It was time.

I'm glad he is retiring.
I haven't wanted to watch him fight for quite some time....
I couldn't stand watching him losing to guys he would have been able to starch in the past.
I hope he put money aside and has a good life.

Congrats on an awesome career and being one of the lhw goats.

My fav Shad moment was when he made Shael .......

.... Try to swim away on land.

Rashad-Evans-vs-Chael-Sonnen-GIf.gif

So now that that's cleared up, what's everybody doing tonight?

Rashad's game relied on being explosive and quick.

Probably the first thing to go when you get older.

The Machida lost hurt him and the Jones loss made it worse.

Had a good run. TUF and UFC Champion... Made millions. Now stick to being an analyst.

I mean the last few fights showed how Rashad fell off.

The Rashad of six years ago would not have lost to Alvey and Dan Kelly, I can tell you that.

But no one can take the legendary career away from him. His list of wins in his prime is nuts. Not only did he viciously knock out Chuck and brutally beat down Forrest to take the title, he also beat Rampage, and manhandled two very strong wrestlers in Phil Davis and Chael. He nearly beat a still game Tito and then put him away in the rematch a few years later.

It's crazy that his most dominant victory in nearly two years, over Chael, ended up being the final victory of his career. But the fact remains that the guy had some awesome fights and huge achievements.

Wish him all the best in retirement. Glad we will continue to see him do analyst work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back