Rashad Evans Retires from MMA

Shad left fighting today.

Fighting left Shad several years ago.

But briefly as it was, he had his time in the throne. No one can't take that from him.

Never really a fun, but I hespected him. War Sugar.

Its time Hashad. I know he has many baby mammas to feed but there are other ways to make money. I wish him the best, cool dude.

Good, good. Wish he could have gone out on a win though.

Great news for him, his family, and friends...doubt it lasts.

Another OG i grew up on now retires. Thanks for memories shad

I saw an old fight of Rashad's last night and was like "FUCK... He was a beast!"

Beast mode is temp tho..

Can't believe how fast he went downhill.

Great career. It is time. I hope he saved his money.

Giving up his wrestling for standing and banging did not lengthen his career. Maybe he got paid a bit more to be exciting, though.

I don't understand how someone as skilled as Evans can lose to Kelly, Alvey and Smith. Sure, he's over the hill, but even an unmotivated grey haired Rashad should be able to beat those guys. Very sad how Jones seem to have taken his soul. Very likeable guy, I wish him the best.

Never much of a fan admittedly, but he did bring many a solid scrap, and the legendary ShadFace.

<mma2>

Enjoy Bruh!

i think retiring on an L is always crap for a solid fighter

but for rashad he needs to retire
losing some no namers at mw showed that

Respect Rashad, big step but we all gotta take one eventually, great career, was the champ at one point, lots to be proud of.

I know it'll sting and the drive will still be there.

Rashad was a beast in his prime. It's been hard seeing him lose to guys he was better than these last couple years.

This, at his peak, the only person better at LHW at the time than him was Jon. He was very much one of the elite fighters in his division and in all of MMA for a short period of time. Unfortunate his body couldn’t keep up and most likely, the mental aspect of it too.

But, he became champion. He worked his way up from TUF and did something that most who enter the UFC dream of doing. Kudos to him for an awesome career regardless of how it ended and Good luck to him in the future. Hopefully he can train some guys down at Henry Hooft’s to become champs in the future.

Back