Rashad Evans Retires from MMA

He won the belt at the only UFC I have attended in person. He will be missed.

I can't say that I'll miss him since he has been a nonentity for years, but he had a nice run back in the day, and he provided some classic images for shooping. For that I am grateful!

I won't be surprised to see him sign with Bellator at some point.

he had a good run...won the strap once. time to chill and just train/teach.

really wish this would've happened before losing to anthony smith in less than a minute

Thanks for the face meme.

Rashad has always been one of my favourites.

Glad to see he has called it quits. No need to get in there anymore.

He's had quite the career. LHW champ, TUF 2 winner at HW, highlight reel KO's on his resume, great analyst behind the desk, co-founded one of the best camps in MMA.

I wish him all the best in his future endeavors.

War Rashad!

Although he finished with 5 consecutive loses, Rashad had a great run that lasted several years:
upload_2018-6-25_15-45-53.png

Bro have nothing to be ashamed of, was a total beast in his prime and have the highlight reel to prove it. Best wishes to him.

2pt2xvk.gif

I'll never forget him making Forrest tap to strikes to win the LHW belt. He was literally dribbling Forrest's head off the canvas after being down 2 rounds. It went down as a TKO but rewatch it Forrest was tapping.

I'll never forget the butthurt when he beat Chuck.

Sad to say, but he's been completely irrelevant since his loss to Jones.

He should have dropped to 185 and fought Silva when both were still in their primes. Personally, I think Rashad would have won.

But instead he stayed at 205, for some reason, never came close to getting another title shot, and it never seemed like he wanted another title shot.

When he eventually dropped down to 185, it was too late in his career to be relevant.

Piss poor career planning.

He was retired since Machida inmortalized him. He just didnt know.

nevermind

i missed the other thread

He was retired since Machida inmortalized him. He just didnt know.

Aint that the truth.

Its like he was a world class fighter who woke up one day and out of nowhere lost his abilities.

3 or 4 years too late, but better late than never.

He had a great career. Best of luck to him in the future

Back