Portland burrito shop closes because of Cultural appropriation claims

I'm really struggling to understand the logic in wanting to ban "cultural appropriation" but wanting to live in a multicultural society? It's an inevitable result that the ideas are exchanged across cultures when they are in close proximity, in fact it's the whole basis of most modern cultures. You need to go into the jungles to find isolated tribes that aren't "culturally appropriating" in one way our another.

Cultural appropriation is a thing. The instance in this story could I suppose be construed as such, albeit somewhat innocently, as Tex-Mex and Asian-Mexican fusion is pretty common.

However, dreadlocks are not cultural appropriation, nor are cornrows. It's just cultural cross pollination.
Who sets the rules as to what is cross pollination and what is appropriation?

I'm sorry, but that is just terrible logic.

Look through this thread and you will see a dozen democrat/liberals calling this stupid and no one defending it.

Just because you reject fringe ideas of the far left doesn't mean you have to reject universal healthcare or environmental regulations.

Liberals who think republicans want poor people dying and zero environmental protection is number 46...

I'm really struggling to understand the logic in wanting to ban "cultural appropriation" but wanting to live in a multicultural society? It's an inevitable result that the ideas are exchanged across cultures when they are in close proximity, in fact it's the whole basis of most modern cultures. You need to go into the jungles to find isolated tribes that aren't "culturally appropriating" in one way our another.

67283483.jpg

Diversity is our strength!

Welcome other cultures with open arms!

But don't you DARE cook their food, you racist!

Liberals who think republicans want poor people dying and zero environmental protection is number 46...
I'm sorry, but have you paid attention to what this current administration is doing?

If you think of yourself as a "pro-environment" or "pro-safety net" Republican (does that actually exist?) you must be even more outraged at the Trump, Ryan, McConnell GOP than I am.

I'm sorry, but have you paid attention to what this current administration is doing?

If you think of yourself as a "pro-environment" or "pro-safety net" Republican (does that actually exist?) you must be even more outraged at the Trump, Ryan, McConnell GOP than I am.

Actually I owned a buisiness that was raided by the EPA when the city tried to strongarm our landlord. In the real world, much of what they do does nothing to protect the environment. I could really care less if the EPA gets their budget cut, look how well they protected Flint.

You have no idea what will be in the healthcare bill that crosses the Presidents desk, there is no reason to get your panties in a knot. BTW perpetual knotted panties is reason #3 I'm a republican.

Lastly, I'm not for the government spending more money than it has.

Since when is white a culture?

Picking nits are we? In a sense you are making a legitimate point, but I'm not sure if it's the one you intend. THE POINT is that cultural appropriation is just another guilt trip directed at white people of European and American persuasion. It's designed to reinforce the false narrative that they are eternal oppressors and other politically favored groups are eternal victims. Any borrowing or inspiration drawn from ideas and activities associated with those groups is categorized as theft and abuse, but that is just nonsense. It's a post modern political game.

This is stupid. Good food is good, no mater who makes it.

Who sets the rules as to what is cross pollination and what is appropriation?

Apparently its largely pampered Caucasian suburbanites who have way too much time on their hands.

This cultural appropriation is hilarious.Half the time people getting offended over it don't even belong to the culture/race they believe they are championing and dont see how it could offend the people they are "protecting" by thinking they can speak for them.

And even if they did belong to the specific culture so what? Merely being born into a culture doesn't entitle you to be some kind of self deluded guardian of it. Im Hispanic and i dont give a dogs dick what non hispanics do with my culture.

Like rod1 said early stealing culture is doing something like the Nordicist revisionist nonsense where they claim they built Rome or Ancient Greece. Im looking at you Concrete Whale you Joto.<{smellit?}>

Of cultural appropriation. Two white females opened a burrito truck in the beginning and it was a success. Then they opened a shop and told their story.

Their story was that, in Mexico, they spied on a mom and pop shop by looking through the windows for the recipes when the store didn't give them anything else other than the basic ingredient and then they opened their own business in Portland.

Now SJW are on the offensive:

I am a baker who works at my families restaurant. I would be fucking PISSED if someone spied on me for the bread recipes since our recipes are unique. On the other hand, if it was done through a mentorship program, that would be a much more respectable way to go about it.

Business is closed now...

My first thought was this probably was in Portland and sure as shit I was correct. Lol. I dont miss that city at all

I am in Canada breh. I wonder how Donald is going to change things...
by influencing Canadian voters to smarten up and stop voting for the stupid Libs.

What did they find was the secret recipe, what to feed the rats that are ground up for meat?

Back